Preview Changes: R8 vs Port Adelaide, 2024 - Curtin Call?

Will Curtin come in this week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn’t get to see the game, will Elliot get a game next week or we going back to burgess?
Berg isn't getting dropped after today as was more than handy.

Will help us stretch Port with Aliir out.

Himmelberg is not going anywhere. Better as a forward and in the ruck than either of Burgess or Gollant. Yes the opponent was s**t, but nobody can convince me that those other two would’ve had the same impact. EH is no chance of being dropped. Ruck craft looked better than ROB too tbh.

And I don’t rate Himmelberg at all.
Pretty much. Right now he’s looking like the best of a bad bunch, wouldn’t be surprised if he keeps his spot until RT comes back

Curtin had 30 and a goal in the SANFL. If he isn't in the team after that, he's surely going to leave.
Based on the numbers, Dowling didn't have a strong game, so maybe now we'll give him a debut.

Fingers crossed for McHenry out, but based on everything Nicks has ever done, I fear Murphy is the only possible replacement. Sholl having a really strong game (29 and a goal) against NM means he'll probably have a gold pass for at least a month.

Schoenberg put up good numbers, but I have no idea if he's fit for an AFL game. Anybody who watched the SANFL game is more well placed to have an opinion on that. If he's ready, I'd have him in.

Hamill gets dropped depending on the fitness of Schoenberg and Berry.

My changes would be;
In: Curtin, Berry* (sub)
Out: Pedlar (shoulder), McHenry (omitted)

*Assuming Berry is fit.
Schoenberg looks fitter than pre injury, Burgess said it just before he returned and it shows.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds like rozee amd pepper pig are out.

In
Butts Dowling Berry Curtin

Out
Sholl McSpudry Borlase Hamill

Pretty much. Right now he’s looking like the best of a bad bunch, wouldn’t be surprised if he keeps his spot until RT comes back
He can actually get dangerous... just needs to cut down his errors.

He got on his bike to be a marking option... & not competing in same contest as Fog or Tex.

Also, gather ROB got his biggest rest from CBA's today.

He can actually get dangerous... just needs to cut down his errors.

He got on his bike to be a marking option... & not competing in same contest as Fog or Tex.

Also, gather ROB got his biggest rest from CBA's today.
Best I’ve seen him in a while in this regard, albeit against a poor opponent

Still can get pushed off the contest easily at times, like when Corr shrugged him off, but if he can provide at least a couple of contested marks a game and that kind of around the ground production he’ll be a solid enough placeholder

Hate to say it guys but the changes will be

Out Pedlar Inj Hamill

In Murphy, Smith

A lot of leadership coming in, senior heads can never be a bad thing in a big game.

On a side note, thought Ross the Boss interview last night was interesting, trying g to find the right balance between flooding new players and getting the win, he thinks he is almost there too

Back