Official Match Thread Season 37 Round 13 - Ophidian Old Boys v Roys FFC at Spotswood Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

What a tough game! Spotswood Oval held up well under the rainy weather - both teams handled the ball quite well and the scores still ticked along regardless the wet ball. It was a good game to experience tbf. OOBs scared the bejeezus out of us when EJ and co started banging on goals and erasing the lead in moments. Fortunately we had a pretty potent forward half that were able to build enough goals to get the win.

Reardo and 3KZ is Football were probably our strongest, linking up down the RHS to produce a lot of scoring opportunities, with Reardo pinching a number for himself! Poor MrsEddieBetts didn't get onto the ground but I could hear her teeth grinding at me every time I ran past ensuring he upped my pace a little. DERRINALPHIL battled real well in the ruck though Tigerturbulance was exceptional all day and bested our guy most of the time. King Tenz was always dangerous and pushed us, I thought myblueroan was also pretty damaging but must have pulled up short, getting benched with 10 mins to go. I don't wanna scare you but ... well ... Clag? Horses sure can't take sickies, I reckon they take wellies ;)

Mooch still doesn't understand angles, Irish BlueBagger is surprisingly violent for a ... oh, yeah, and ... wait a minute. Did we only make ONE INTERCHANGE ALL GAME???????? Wtf that's insanely rare.

Thanks OOBs, it was a great game of Qooty. It was also an amazing fun thread all week! I felt like our team was really warmly welcomed along with our weirdarse schtick! So many OOBs showed and sparred and jokes and funned and chatted and I loved the entire week!

FootyGuy13 thanks for posting the game, philreich thanks for momentarily thinking you'd be posting the game , serial_thrilla thanks for randomly annoying me mid-match , thanks to all the team that make this and all matches possible, it's a hell of an accomplishment.

We DIDN'T thrash the OOBs, they WON'T be in danger of losing top spot, but we WILL thrash the kegs tonight if you'll have us in for some trail mix and chasers!

Yay Roys!
Yeah celebrate long and celebrate hard and we'll drown our sorrows pretty hard as well!

With regards to that surprisingly violent bit though, well i haven't been reported to the tribunal yet anyway. ;)

Hopefully things continue to remain that way, although games against the Royals and the Hawks are always potential flashpoints.:laughv1:

It's a shame we couldn't do it for BRAB. Congrats on your 250 game milestone though mate.

Congrats to the Roys as well for a thoroughly deserved victory. Cheers for the past week and whatever are the reasons why TedDougChris is no longer posting hopefully he's keeping well.

Hard luck OOBs losing always sucks, but i'm sure once the finals come round we'll be firing on all cylinders and be very hard to beat.

So let's just keep the heads up here and move on to the next one.👍
Yeah congrats on the 250 BRAB

tiny tim GIF
Can't tiptoe around this one.

We were spanked.
Not sure which smartarse sent the knackers truck, but don't worry I loaded it up with my finest manure from our stables, and told 'em to dump it in your Roys Clubhouse to remember us by when you get home.

All welcome to join at Equine Bar tonite for our famous karaoke singoff.
Just sign up and nominate your song st the bar.

Cheers! 🐎🍎🥕

Can't tiptoe around this one.

We were spanked.
Not sure which smartarse sent the knackers truck, but don't worry I loaded it up with my finest manure from our stables, and told 'em to dump it in your Roys Clubhouse to remember us by when you get home.

All welcome to join at Equine Bar tonite for our famous karaoke singoff.
Just sign up and nominate your song st the bar.

Cheers! 🐎🍎🥕
Tu much lip my equine friend. The carrots are on me!

Seriously Robertio its not me, its the players themselves who are carrying me. And we haven't been all that busy in threads like we were this week. So I'd say the OOBs also did a good job with the Roys, because its you guys that laid out the canvas for both teams paint on! God sometimes my own verbosity makes me want to vomit. Ok that was one too many, brb.

Tu much lip my equine friend. The carrots are on me!
Don't worry it's a hard word to do much with. You did your best.😛
Besides, you had the better of me today Lightening Ace.
Look forward to hearing the Roys belt out a few tunes tonite.
OIG1.jpg

Isn't it gorgeous! Robertio designed it for me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seriously Robertio its not me, its the players themselves who are carrying me. And we haven't been all that busy in threads like we were this week. So I'd say the OOBs also did a good job with the Roys, because its you guys that laid out the canvas for both teams paint on! God sometimes my own verbosity makes me want to vomit. Ok that was one too many, brb.
I often delete posts when I realise what a tosser I am. Some say, delete more!! but hay!😎

Don't worry it's a hard word to do much with. You did your best.😛
B3sides, tou had the better of me today Lightening Ace.
Look forward to hearing the Roys belt out a few tunes tonite.
View attachment 1973637

Isn't it gorgeous! Robertio designed it for me.
From my home town:
VictorianCollections-large.jpg

Qooty Commentary File - QOOTY (Quick Footy) Version 10.5
Qooty Website - http://qooty.footypedia.com

Match commencing shortly ... OOB v ROY

This is BRAB's 250th game at this level

Rich (BB code):
                       ROY
Wickzki                     BRAB                     Iva Bigun
tigs2010                    TheGoatBaron             Mooch

JuddgementDay               kenneyswarriors          tigerland_1720
fitzroybowiedog             JackNah_8                Reardo

DemurePrincess              Robertio                 Irish BlueBagger
Phar Ace                    Pure Grunt               3KZ is Football

Braklet                     Elton Johns Wig          Mrs Turbo
Mobbs                       Ed_Gein                  Aristotle Pickett

Fleabane                    Harvey Manfrenjensenden  King Tenz
windyhill                   Chezzalenko Reborn       _Mike_
                            OOB

OOB Foll : Tigerturbulance, thewizardmelon, myblueroan
ROY Foll : DERRINALPHIL, SpecialBruce, royboy2

OOB INT : Hoos, U2tigers
ROY INT : MrsEddieBetts, Roylion

PLAYERS TO WATCH :
OPHIDIAN OLD BOYS FFC: Tigerturbulance
ROYS FFC: <none>

[RD 13], Conditions for this match - RAINY
I need to bring up this really nice touch. In the match opener (above), FootyGuy13 has included the text "This is BRAB's 250th game at this level".

Now this might look like a gift of the Sim, but I know for a fact that it's been edited in manually, and simply formatted to simulate how the Sim would include it. Nobody simming matches has every game BRAB has been in, in their copy of the program. In fact, the function which says "first game at this level" is basically useless in the Sweet FA because Simmers don't use the Sim in a way that fully retains this data.

So this is like an homage to my original code, as well as making a space to acknowledge the player for their milestone.

I'm chuffed.

I need to bring up this really nice touch. In the match opener (above), FootyGuy13 has included the text "This is BRAB's 250th game at this level".

Now this might look like a gift of the Sim, but I know for a fact that it's been edited in manually, and simply formatted to simulate how the Sim would include it. Nobody simming matches has every game BRAB has been in, in their copy of the program. In fact, the function which says "first game at this level" is basically useless in the Sweet FA because Simmers don't use the Sim in a way that fully retains this data.

So this is like an homage to my original code, as well as making a space to acknowledge the player for their milestone.

I'm chuffed.

It truly is all about me isn't it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back