Game Day Round 8 vs. Carlton, MCG, 7:40pm Fri 03/05

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If i was Fly (and i'm not), i wouldn't try to win the ball in the middle, be competitive but there's a good chance we will get smashed in the middle, we need speed off our backline, bring leggy in, Moore needs to play in front, The Blosers aren't that fast, transition the ball from our DEF 50 to our FWD 50 before Carlton can even react.

Also i'd like to note, i wanna see Billy take another mark of the year on the other twin, i don't know how it can happen, but make it happen.
What's with 'Bloser'? It's a nothing sort of name to apply to the scum or the filth. The name needs to be instantly recognised as emanating from a deep well of hatred and utter loathing. The 'blouses' might be more appropriate, but totally non PC and would have the women in the forum picketing the thread with their digital posters. Bloser sounds like something you might call a friend or workmate, and that level of casual acquaintanceship is just not acceptable in this context.

What's with 'Bloser'? It's a nothing sort of name to apply to the scum or the filth. The name needs to be instantly recognised as emanating from a deep well of hatred and utter loathing. The 'blouses' might be more appropriate, but totally non PC and would have the women in the forum picketing the thread with their digital posters. Bloser sounds like something you might call a friend or workmate, and that level of casual acquaintanceship is just not acceptable in this context.
Sometimes it's easier to keep it simple, I just call them campaigners

It's about the pronunciation. B-Loser

Pffffft. If you've got to think about it and squint and stammer to create a sound not immediately apparent from the spelling, then I call it a loser of a name and will stick to the insulting epithets that have stood the test of time.
campaigners
****wits
****heads
shitheads
********s

I'd include dickhead but it's a bit too gentle for those campaigners.

campaigners
*******s
*heads
shitheads
********s

I'd include dickhead but it's a bit too gentle for those campaigners.

200.gif

Load up on the blues

We have both Rosebury and Stephens umpiring. Hosking too

Cox gets mauled every week but gets paid virtually no frees. Imagine if he ever got paid the frees that Curnow gets on a weekly basis. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Unfortunately I doubt that trend will change this round.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

lol, it's just loser, but with a B at the front, has nothing to do with blouses or anything like that, i'm happy with scum or filth.

I wouldn't call a friend a loser.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree..I doubt we would have won the centre clearances with JDG & Tom playing anyway..it's elsewhere on the ground we will need to win it.

I'm hoping for lots of gang tackling, particularly when Cripps & Walsh try to get it out of the centre.. and general high pressure elsewhere on the ground.

A bit of accuracy in front of goal will certainly help too.
If leggy plays, it wouldn't surprise me if we see Bruz at stoppages a bit more to keep cripps honest.

But yeah, we need our high pressure game on.

Magpies’ burning question: Can they match the Blues on the inside?

It’ll be tough without Tom Mitchell and Jordan De Goey, who’ve both been ruled out of the blockbuster due to injury.

The premiership duo are two of Collingwood’s top-four players for contested possessions, clearances and disposals, meaning they’ll leave a significant chasm.

Mature-age recruit Lachie Sullivan will come in to debut, while Fin Macrae and Harvey Harrison could be other young players that could step up.

But there’s a big opportunity for the likes of Pat Lipinski and Jack Crisp to have a say against the Blues, who are the AFL’s No. 1 contested possession side.

The Brown Baggers would be accurate. Calling them the 'scum' loses its bite after a while, it doesn't really mean much either.

Pace on the outside? You mean quick blokes like Pendles, Sidey, Lipinski, Macrae, Crisp and Josh? Not many jet shoes in that lot.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
When did Crisp lose his speed. Who’s going to out sprint Macreery, Bobby running fwd, or IQ, Noble or Markov, out of HB.

Geel are number 1 in scoring from Turnover which is how they beat the Blues.
We are Ranked 3.

Carlton are ranked 13 for defending turnovers. So they are very poor defensively.

If you can’t get comfort from those stats then I’m not sure how you’ll be convinced.

I know the personnel isn't necessarily the same, but in 2022, we were in a similar position at 5-5 when we played the Blues. We are 3-1-3 now, so equal W/L, without the draw. We also haven't lost since the Saints game. So that's a month. Just need to tighten our defence, get a better start in Q1, and get them on turnovers. It'll probably be lower scoring, since we don't have the firepower the Cats have. But, I suspect Chris Scott knew he had the forward line to win a shoot out, so that's why Carlton's scoreline last week was a bit inflated.

Quietly confident :cool:

The Brown Baggers would be accurate. Calling them the 'scum' loses its bite after a while, it doesn't really mean much either.
The other problem is that they call us the same names. 'Brown baggers' does recall the day of John Elliott's 'We paid off the sheilas and never heard from them again' too. Problem is that it has three syllables and takes a lot of effort to get it to exit the mouth.

The other problem is that they call us the same names. 'Brown baggers' does recall the day of John Elliott's 'We paid off the sheilas and never heard from them again' too. Problem is that it has three syllables and takes a lot of effort to get it to exit the mouth.
Baggers becomes BAGGUZ in the vernacular and is very satisfying to yell out. Especially after a few of Melbourne's finest worst beers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back