List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Remove this Banner Ad

So what do people realistically think we would need to offer up for Hayward and LDU? They would make an incredible difference to our midfield / hf mix
Hayward is FA so we don't need to trade. LDU isn't a FA, will need at least this year's 1st rounder so likely 2 first rounders, if other clubs can't offer North Melbourne this and LDU really want to leave then we might be a chance but highly doubtful he want to move to SA.

I’d offer good money for Hayden Young

After a few years of pretty poor drafting and recruiting i think our list management team have done well recently other than still not drafting a midfielder with one of our early 1st rd picks they have added some good players that should be a part of the team for the next decade. I felt like they had gained some trust back from supporters and had the list building towards a serious contender but definitely still needing to add 2 top line mids and a good young ruckman. With Welsh joining Fog and Tillthorpe next year they should be the key fwds for the next decade and Murray back soon plus Keane looking good also Curtin Worrel Michaelanny Butts defence looks pretty much sorted so surely its time to try to get a couple of gun mids and a ruckman so we can have a crack at a premiership or three! But hearing the club is talking about trading away 1st rd draft picks for players like Petty, Daniel, Perryman or any other ok players like them is a terrible plan, we already have good solid contributors on the list, what we need are match winners, stars, all Australian calibre players not more pretty good role players, they won't improve the team into a premiership contender they'll just make us a competitive 7-12 on the ladder team and no threat to top teams when it matters, that seems to be the aim for Reid and Ogilvee which is why they have to go asap
Is it because they changed their strategy from athlete types from good families to players who can just play football?

That's my feeling.

On SM-S928B using BigFooty.com mobile app

What type of player is he?

Was he from last years draft and was overlooked?
NOAH HOWES (South Adelaide) Key forward, 18, 196cm

“Noah’s a key forward who has got a lot stronger and bigger over the past eight months or so and is playing some good league footy after finally overcoming some injury issues. He kicked five goals for us as a 16-year-old in an under-18s game against the Eagles and then as a 17-year-old he was nominated as an over-ager for the State under-16 team before suffering stress fractures in his back and missing the rest of the season. Then last year he kicked seven goals in two weeks before breaking his collarbone and missing a fair chunk of the season. Noah got back just before the under-18 finals and had six shots at goal (kicking 3.3) in our grand final win against Sturt. It might feel like he’s come from nowhere this year but it’s just a case of him finally getting a good run at it and having a big pre-season with our senior team. He has a lot of good qualities and upside.’’ – South talent manager and under-18s coach Mark Clayton

“Noah’s a key forward who has got a lot stronger and bigger over the past eight months or so and is playing some good league footy after finally overcoming some injury issues. He kicked five goals for us as a 16-year-old in an under-18s game against the Eagles and then as a 17-year-old he was nominated as an over-ager for the State under-16 team before suffering stress fractures in his back and missing the rest of the season. Then last year he kicked seven goals in two weeks before breaking his collarbone and missing a fair chunk of the season. Noah got back just before the under-18 finals and had six shots at goal (kicking 3.3) in our grand final win against Sturt. It might feel like he’s come from nowhere this year but it’s just a case of him finally getting a good run at it and having a big pre-season with our senior team. He has a lot of good qualities and upside.’’ – South talent manager and under-18s coach Mark Clayton

He sounds like exactly the player we should target, young and talented. Take him now before he has a great end of the season and rockets up the draft board. If he’s not good enough, we can release him back to south.
We have 4 picks and I’d take 4 players on 6 month contracts

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

He sounds like exactly the player we should target, young and talented. Take him now before he has a great end of the season and rockets up the draft board. If he’s not good enough, we can release him back to south.
We have 4 picks and I’d take 4 players on 6 month contracts

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Id give him an 18 month contract .

Apart from Gollant, the tall forward cupboard is bare.

Himmelberg likely gone at years end , I’d also move Gollant on for a fresh start.

Howes being a local is a bonus .

He does look good to the eye but his injury history is a concern

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We wouldn't draft Will Snelling would we?

Carving up for Sturt

So what do people realistically think we would need to offer up for Hayward and LDU? They would make an incredible difference to our midfield / hf mix
Media is speculating McLuggage will get 1.2 to 1.3M per year, I'd imaging LDU wouldn't be too far behind. Both are above average midfielders but neither would be top 20.

LDU in a better team would be
Maybe, maybe not but if so then the offer would have to be well north of 1.3M then if that's where the market is at. Getting a Vic lad out of Victoria when there would be a bidding war from within the state means we'd have to pay a huge premium to turn his head.

After a few years of pretty poor drafting and recruiting i think our list management team have done well recently other than still not drafting a midfielder with one of our early 1st rd picks they have added some good players that should be a part of the team for the next decade. I felt like they had gained some trust back from supporters and had the list building towards a serious contender but definitely still needing to add 2 top line mids and a good young ruckman. With Welsh joining Fog and Tillthorpe next year they should be the key fwds for the next decade and Murray back soon plus Keane looking good also Curtin Worrel Michaelanny Butts defence looks pretty much sorted so surely its time to try to get a couple of gun mids and a ruckman so we can have a crack at a premiership or three! But hearing the club is talking about trading away 1st rd draft picks for players like Petty, Daniel, Perryman or any other ok players like them is a terrible plan, we already have good solid contributors on the list, what we need are match winners, stars, all Australian calibre players not more pretty good role players, they won't improve the team into a premiership contender they'll just make us a competitive 7-12 on the ladder team and no threat to top teams when it matters, that seems to be the aim for Reid and Ogilvee which is why they have to go asap
It might surprise you to know that for the last three years, Phil Harper has been responsible for the identification of recruiting of 18 year olds. His first year was Soligo’s year….it might be one of our best.

It might surprise you to know that for the last three years, Phil Harper has been responsible for the identification of recruiting of 18 year olds. His first year was Soligo’s year….it might be one of our best.

Harper? Doesn’t he mostly work for the women’s team now?

Our recruiting guys cop it a lot, much of it justified.

They get one in Soligo and you want to credit Phil Harper?

You're trolling and I love it 😄

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back