Alien/UFO Brian Cox - We haven't found aliens yet because they are dead - Humans are next.

Remove this Banner Ad

I get the theory behind that conspiracy, but like all conspiracies, I just think it would be too hard to keep everybody quiet.
If such a cure existed I think the potential for an individual to make a huge amount of money very quickly (the pharma industry be dammned) would be too tempting.

In reality, I don't think such cure-all exists, cancer is quite complicated, as are human beings - different treatments work differently on different people.

Actually people do come out and speak. In the rare circumstance that the media reports it, they come across as nutters or develop a following of people with interesting beliefs. Does anybody want the attention, scrutiny and threats both physical and financial that may occur by taking on a multinational? If you don't believe that they will take such action, then you are kidding yourself.

Insurance companies don't pay certain claims even though they know they are liable, because they can keep a matter in the courts for years and basically bankrupt the customer into withdrawing or accepting their pittance offer. It happened in the Victorian floods with one prominent company that refused to pay based on the definition of flood, and yet their parent company paid out the same claims in QLD. As soon as the Federal Govt (under a lot of pressure from the public) threatens to take action they quickly change their policy. It has only taken 50 years. How many people have had their lives ruined, because Government and Big business looked after each other.

Banks and their life insurance scams as well as many other multinationals doing the same thing. The Church of Scientology basically issued writ after writ on the US Govt until they eventually capitulated and recognised them as a religion, which gave them tax free status. Not a fan of Scientology, but I give them full credit for working out a way to get what they wanted.

Youtube is full of reports of cures for a number of cancers in the late 40's and 50's. Again they are dismissed as quacks. Former NASA staff have been coming out for years openly talking about UFO's and alien bases on the moon. They are given little or no attention by the media, because they are more interested in what Kim Kardashian is doing. The 9/11 conspiracy theories but anyone dares to say something publicly, and they are scolded and made to sound like nutters. Where is the pressure on the US Govt to release the footage of the Pentagon attack? Why are they hiding it? Why did Bush and Cheney refuse to testify separately? These questions are not asked or pushed, and if they are the person is labelled a quack or unpatriotic.

So why doesn't anyone listen? Because we have been conditioned and controlled. If the Herald Sun or Peter Hitchener doesn't tell us, then it must not be true. People are just happy living their mundane lives, and don't really want to have to think about anything that may affect their little world.
These forums offer some hope in that it demonstrates that some people are thinking about the bigger issues.

Actually people do come out and speak. In the rare circumstance that the media reports it, they come across as nutters or develop a following of people with interesting beliefs. Does anybody want the attention, scrutiny and threats both physical and financial that may occur by taking on a multinational? If you don't believe that they will take such action, then you are kidding yourself.

Insurance companies don't pay certain claims even though they know they are liable, because they can keep a matter in the courts for years and basically bankrupt the customer into withdrawing or accepting their pittance offer. It happened in the Victorian floods with one prominent company that refused to pay based on the definition of flood, and yet their parent company paid out the same claims in QLD. As soon as the Federal Govt (under a lot of pressure from the public) threatens to take action they quickly change their policy. It has only taken 50 years. How many people have had their lives ruined, because Government and Big business looked after each other.

Banks and their life insurance scams as well as many other multinationals doing the same thing. The Church of Scientology basically issued writ after writ on the US Govt until they eventually capitulated and recognised them as a religion, which gave them tax free status. Not a fan of Scientology, but I give them full credit for working out a way to get what they wanted.

Youtube is full of reports of cures for a number of cancers in the late 40's and 50's. Again they are dismissed as quacks. Former NASA staff have been coming out for years openly talking about UFO's and alien bases on the moon. They are given little or no attention by the media, because they are more interested in what Kim Kardashian is doing. The 9/11 conspiracy theories but anyone dares to say something publicly, and they are scolded and made to sound like nutters. Where is the pressure on the US Govt to release the footage of the Pentagon attack? Why are they hiding it? Why did Bush and Cheney refuse to testify separately? These questions are not asked or pushed, and if they are the person is labelled a quack or unpatriotic.

So why doesn't anyone listen? Because we have been conditioned and controlled. If the Herald Sun or Peter Hitchener doesn't tell us, then it must not be true. People are just happy living their mundane lives, and don't really want to have to think about anything that may affect their little world.
These forums offer some hope in that it demonstrates that some people are thinking about the bigger issues.

Mainly because conspiracy theorists have a duplicitous relationship with evidence.

If there is something they wish to not believe in, then tonnes of evidence will not outweigh one question or loose end.

If there is something they do want to believe in, then all of a sudden tonnes of loose ends / questions will not outweigh even the smallest piece of flimsy evidence. (Indeed that 'evidence' is often as inconclusive as an unanswered question, like "Mr X. missed the bus the day Bank XYZ collapsed. WHY????)

By their nature they are not drawn to making conclusions, they love questions. I'm not saying questioning things is bad per se, but with some people it becomes pathological to the point where they cannot really draw a conclusion about anything. But society does need these sorts of people to hold its assumptions to account.

(BTW I agree with you on the mainstream media being largely shite, but peer reviewed scientific articles tend to be much stronger on evidence than youtube videos, etc.)

Mainly because conspiracy theorists have a duplicitous relationship with evidence.

If there is something they wish to not believe in, then tonnes of evidence will not outweigh one question or loose end.

If there is something they do want to believe in, then all of a sudden tonnes of loose ends / questions will not outweigh even the smallest piece of flimsy evidence. (Indeed that 'evidence' is often as inconclusive as an unanswered question, like "Mr X. missed the bus the day Bank XYZ collapsed. WHY????)

By their nature they are not drawn to making conclusions, they love questions. I'm not saying questioning things is bad per se, but with some people it becomes pathological to the point where they cannot really draw a conclusion about anything. But society does need these sorts of people to hold its assumptions to account.

(BTW I agree with you on the mainstream media being largely shite, but peer reviewed scientific articles tend to be much stronger on evidence than youtube videos, etc.)

Not talking about conspiracy theorists. I am talking about someone who comes out and says for eg. I worked at NASA and this is what I saw.....
We demand evidence, proof, verification. Yet good old Peter Hitchener tells us that Kim kardashian was tied up and robbed most people believe it.
Some people working in areas will never have their work peer reviewed. An Army soldier watching over an airbase witnesses certain things happen.
People do talk, it is that no many people are listening or only hear what they want to hear.

Not talking about conspiracy theorists. I am talking about someone who comes out and says for eg. I worked at NASA and this is what I saw.....
We demand evidence, proof, verification. Yet good old Peter Hitchener tells us that Kim kardashian was tied up and robbed most people believe it.
Some people working in areas will never have their work peer reviewed. An Army soldier watching over an airbase witnesses certain things happen.
People do talk, it is that no many people are listening or only hear what they want to hear.

Yeah it's these first hand account which really hold value - sure, you need to find ways to corroborate what they say, but it's much more useful than agenda driven trash on tv

Well said mate

If you saw two or three drug affected people punching on, would you get involved? You may stop the fight, but you can't escape the fact that they are addicts, and they will take their fight somewhere else. Unfortunately for humans we have consistently demonstrated over the past 5000 years that we are good at one thing;war, killing and destruction.

So let's declare war on the aliens and take their s**t!

Kim kardashian is hot. :)

Yeah it's these first hand account which really hold value - sure, you need to find ways to corroborate what they say, but it's much more useful than agenda driven trash on tv
....and therein lies the problem. News media is now a group or panel that tries to speak over each other. It's all about the two minute segment until the next commercial break. Investigative journalism is too costly, and organizations will not waste their time. Journalists that don't adhere to the rules get thrown onto the scrap heap. The likelihood they will take a whistle blower seriously is remote.

For eg Former Canadian Defence Minister Paul Hellyer and others. Why is nobody listening or demanding answers? Why is the media not pushing this which would force the Govts of the world to clean? Obviously Kim Kardashians bum is more important.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.
However, for Kardashion, it comes as no surprise that a media **** like her gets done over.

For eg Former Canadian Defence Minister Paul Hellyer and others. Why is nobody listening or demanding answers? Why is the media not pushing this which would force the Govts of the world to clean? Obviously Kim Kardashians bum is more important.

The reason people care more about Kardashian's arse is because- despite the surgery and implants- it's actually real (...and it's pretty).

I believe in life beyond the stars but all this video makes me wonder is why are the only people to have actually seen aliens fat old Americans on their deathbed?

Not sure if Brian Cox is correct on this one. I think if there are life on other planets they'd have better things to do than worry about George Bush (why is it the United States always gets to party with other life forms?)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I get the theory behind that conspiracy, but like all conspiracies, I just think it would be too hard to keep everybody quiet.
If such a cure existed I think the potential for an individual to make a huge amount of money very quickly (the pharma industry be dammned) would be too tempting.

In reality, I don't think such cure-all exists, cancer is quite complicated, as are human beings - different treatments work differently on different people.

Not a conspiracy by any means but of interest, I wrote to the Aus Cancer Council and asked if any further research had been made on Dr Johanna Budwigs work and treatment in cancer patients back in the 1960s. She was a German biochemist and 7 time nominee for the Nobel Prize and claimed to have cured terminally ill cancer patients with few weeks to live by feeding them her flaxseed oil- quark (essentially cottage cheese) combination. She also published a couple of books on it and seemed to have quite a lot of credibility.
But unfortunately the cancer council had never heard of her, her research , theories or treatments.

You can buy the stuff today in any health food store and mix it for yourself, and know a couple of people who swear by it (also treats arthritis and heart infarction apparently!) but of course no big money in it.

I haven't been able to find any further published research about her other than her own book.

Not a conspiracy by any means but of interest, I wrote to the Aus Cancer Council and asked if any further research had been made on Dr Johanna Budwigs work and treatment in cancer patients back in the 1960s. She was a German biochemist and 7 time nominee for the Nobel Prize and claimed to have cured terminally ill cancer patients with few weeks to live by feeding them her flaxseed oil- quark (essentially cottage cheese) combination. She also published a couple of books on it and seemed to have quite a lot of credibility.
But unfortunately the cancer council had never heard of her, her research , theories or treatments.

You can buy the stuff today in any health food store and mix it for yourself, and know a couple of people who swear by it (also treats arthritis and heart infarction apparently!) but of course no big money in it.

I haven't been able to find any further published research about her other than her own book.
This wouldn't surprise me at all. Unfortunately, a lot of people in the holistic/alternative health industries are actually snakes, which makes it easy for the pharmaceutical industry to discredit genuine work...

This wouldn't surprise me at all. Unfortunately, a lot of people in the holistic/alternative health industries are actually snakes, which makes it easy for the pharmaceutical industry to discredit genuine work...

Current shares for Blackmores Limited is $112.04. This is way down from their December 2015 high of $220.00. These guys don't even pretend to treat anything.

Current shares for Blackmores Limited is $112.04. This is way down from their December 2015 high of $220.00. These guys don't even pretend to treat anything.
Yup! I worked briefly in an advertising agency and Blackmores were one of our clients. It's incredibly exploitive what they're doing, but then, if people can't even be bothered reading the shitty literature on their website and are happy to spend $30 for 60 capsules of Tumeric extract, that's fine. A fool and their money are soon parted, as they say...

Trump has about as much chance of winning the election as Michelle Payne has in riding a winner in this years Melbourne Cup.....zero.
Well....this is awkward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back