2016 Draft Thread - The Rebuild Begins

If available, which player do you want us to select at pick 7?

• Sam Petrevski-Seton

Votes: 123 45.6%
  • Tim English

Votes: 50 18.5%
  • Ben Ainsworth

Votes: 9 3.3%
  • Tim Taranto

Votes: 27 10.0%
  • Griffin Logue

Votes: 43 15.9%
  • Todd Marshall

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Jack Scrimshaw

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Josh Rotham

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Oliver Florent

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Cedric Cox

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Other

Votes: 7 2.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
gan
I think you will find we interview a lot of the draftees...
English was filmed in an interview at the ground whilst salim was there to watch training as he stated in his post.
You're a chance Danny.
No Mate ordinarily your a better chance but with you living in Bali you cant be selected as you not resident in Australia.

gan

English was filmed in an interview at the ground whilst salim was there to watch training as he stated in his post.

No Mate ordinarily your a better chance but with you living in Bali you cant be selected as you not resident in Australia.
Couldn't be worse than our previous category B rookie. Have you had one or two hip replacements? :oops:

Category B
Sean only had a scrape of his hip as I understand but Hackdorn would have had the facts I am sure. Getting your hip scraped maybe a good strategy for you to adopt to get out on the park before you speak to the recruiters about your Category B selection chance.

Dirty_banchez mock draft #1

1. McGrath
2. Taranto
3. McClug
4.SPS
5.Ainsworth
6. English
7.???

I think if Brissie leave Ainsworth, he'll then get through to us.

It's actually strange that he's been locked in to Bris at 3 as most people that follow it closely don't rate him in the top half a dozen on talent.

I think if Brissie leave Ainsworth, he'll then get through to us.

It's actually strange that he's been locked in to Bris at 3 as most people that follow it closely don't rate him in the top half a dozen on talent.

Yeh, don't agree with this. The knock on him is probably his height and versatility. But talent wise he is up there with SamPS and McLuggage. Fast, game sense, marking and goal kicking.
Very few rankings and phantoms/mocks have placed him outside the top 6 (less than 20%), and even less would have him available to Freo (~10%).

Yeh, don't agree with this. The knock on him is probably his height and versatility. But talent wise he is up there with SamPS and McLuggage. Fast, game sense, marking and goal kicking.
Very few rankings and phantoms/mocks have placed him outside the top 6 (less than 20%), and even less would have him available to Freo (~10%).

Yeah, I understand that the mocks and phantoms don't but that's because he's openly stated he wants to go to Brisbane and Brisbane have openly showed a very strong interest in him. Its more the talent/power rankings that I was talking about which most of the one's I've read don't have him in the top 5.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking him. I voted for him in the poll above. I think if he's available to us there's no way in the world we'd pass over him, but I don't think he's genuine top 3 in the pool, more 5 - 10.

Interesting Twomey saying that Hayward has been invited to the draft, meaning at least one of the teams in the top 10 picks is extremely keen on him.

If that was the case last year, the teams must've been spooked off Balic very late in the piece.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bid on Bowes and Settlefield.

Finally go with Brodie.

Doesn't defend. It's one of the reasons he's sliding a bit. GC could bite at 6 but I doubt Freo will go for another inside mid at 7.

SPS at 4 is almost a certainty. Carlton have baited GC.

Taranto at 5. Should he not be taken earlier.

#Whispers

Interesting Twomey saying that Hayward has been invited to the draft, meaning at least one of the teams in the top 10 picks is extremely keen on him.

If that was the case last year, the teams must've been spooked off Balic very late in the piece.

GC I think. Reckon they can reach with pick 10...

SPS, Scrimshaw/Brodie, Bowes and Hayward. That's a draft bonanza.

I hope this board doesn't melt if/when we pick English . Based on the votes in this poll, he's the next player we'd (BF supporters) like to pick up with #7. We're pretty much basing who we want the club to pick on YouTube highlights and hearsay from third/fourth hand accounts (I know someone whose son plays at x club colts who thinks xyz) and one All Star game. A lot of the media covering the draftees have seen a lot more of them playing, training and have had discussions with the draftees and their coaches and have a much better idea of their worth than us . Are we the only ones that don't see Tim as being an equal to SPS, Taranto, Brodie etc? Even though i'd love us to pick SPS if available, I'd be equally happy to take English ahead of the likes of Taranto, Ainsworth, Scrimshaw, Logue.

So think it's time for the most unlikely of scenarios that would result in an awesome outcome for us:

#1 - Essendon bid on Setterfield - GWS match with pick #2
#2 - Essendon bid on Bowes - GCS match using picks #5 & #7 (originally #4 & #6)
#3 - Essendon pick Scrimshaw
#4 - Brisbane picks Ainsworth
#5 - Carlton picks McCluggage
#6 - Freo picks from McGrath, SPS, Taranto, Brodie, English, Logue

We can dream :)

Don't get Will Brodie at all. Lacks serious skill and composure going by 4 minutes of footage I've seen :cool:

His numbers are underwhelming too, averaging just over 20 touches. Logue gets those numbers in a half playing in the guts ;)

I hope this board doesn't melt if/when we pick English . Based on the votes in this poll, he's the next player we'd (BF supporters) like to pick up with #7. We're pretty much basing who we want the club to pick on YouTube highlights and hearsay from third/fourth hand accounts (I know someone whose son plays at x club colts who thinks xyz) and one All Star game. A lot of the media covering the draftees have seen a lot more of them playing, training and have had discussions with the draftees and their coaches and have a much better idea of their worth than us . Are we the only ones that don't see Tim as being an equal to SPS, Taranto, Brodie etc? Even though i'd love us to pick SPS if available, I'd be equally happy to take English ahead of the likes of Taranto, Ainsworth, Scrimshaw, Logue.

I'm definitely not a draft expert but I've heard over and over again that English will take 3-4 years (likely even more) before he can shoulder the ruck. If we need to pick up another mature ruck in that period anyway (which we will) feels like we would just be wasting the pick.

I'm definitely not a draft expert but I've heard over and over again that English will take 3-4 years (likely even more) before he can shoulder the ruck. If we need to pick up another mature ruck in that period anyway (which we will) feels like we would just be wasting the pick.
It may take 3-4 years for him to develop but if he turns out to be one of the best ruckman in the comp for 10+ years he's well worth pick #7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back