Prediction Changes v Whoever The * It Is After The Bye

Remove this Banner Ad

Geez i would be absolutely filthy if i was Josh hill; kicks 2 goals late in the game to almost pinch it against the suns and gets dropped.

Meanwhile, Le cras hasnt kicked a goal in 4-5 weeks and seems allergic to tackling, but keeps his place in the side

Le cras sure must have had an enormous amount of those "past credits" in the bank!

So Hawks and Blicavs both not playing, meanwhile we drop 2 smalls.. **** me we are going in waaaaayyy too big.
Come on guys, we're still tall too.
Tuohy is the only defensive starter under 190cms.

The telling thing for mine is the lack of anger in this thread compared to apathy. It's a pathetic reflection on the club.

I'm annoyed, I just don't see the point in getting angry in the form of an internet post when many have already duplicated my feelings.

The problem with the Eagles, and it always has been, is that they simply do not give a s**t about our opinions as supporters, or even worse, members. All they appear to care about is the appearance of success, a good citizen playing list and their profit margin come years end. On top of that they're afraid to make risky changes on and off the field as they don't want to appear "unsuccessful".

Correct me if I'm wrong, but have they ever had a general meeting where members get to attend and voice their opinions? I don't think so. They are club run by old white men, who are rusted on with their outdated belief of what they think our football club should be.

Okay got a little angry.

I'm annoyed, I just don't see the point in getting angry in the form of an internet post when many have already duplicated my feelings.

The problem with the Eagles, and it always has been, is that they simply do not give a s**t about our opinions as supporters, or even worse, members. All they appear to care about is the appearance of success, a good citizen playing list and their profit margin come years end. On top of that they're afraid to make risky changes on and off the field as they don't want to appear "unsuccessful".

Correct me if I'm wrong, but have they ever had a general meeting where members get to attend and voice their opinions? I don't think so. They are club run by old white men, who are rusted on with their outdated belief of what they think our football club should be.

Okay got a little angry.

Personally Im just mad at the make up of the team. I really hope the club looks at what Geelong are bringing over and asks themselves do we really need all these KPDs? Even playing Mcgovern up forward, there are still too many.

I unfortunately cant see it happening and we'll go in as named

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They must really love Duggan, seemingly not really improving that much since last year, along with Hutch, who can't get many touches either. Both only averaging 14.5 touches over 7 and 6 games respectively, but they still prefer them to Parto, who can't even get 1 game, while they wouldn't persevere with Mutimer and Karps, who arguably didn't do much worse and only had limited time in the midfield.

Last edited:
Unbelievable.

Luke Partington has done absolutely EVERYTHING in the WAFL in about 3 different positions and isn't even listed as an emergency. What's the bet that Redden and Masten are still ahead of him in the queue to get a call-up as well? Heartening to see Tommy Cole get a gig, but it's just stroke-inducing to see us continue to give chances to old, slow, out-of-form, privileged passengers.

Also, can anyone explain why we have so many key defenders against one of the most rag-tag forward lines in the AFL at the moment? (Parsons, Taylor, Menzel, Stanley, Murdoch and Cockatoo). They're lucky Danger, Selwood and Duncan have been hitting the scoreboard so frequently for them otherwise 'Kicking a Winning Score' would be a distant pipe-dream (Similar to the idea of Parto getting a f***ing game for example).

Its times like this where Simmo's complete lack of emotion really gets irritating. Would have been terrific to see him drop some Senior Players, back in an in-form WAFL kid and reap the rewards like the following over the past few weeks:

Adelaide: Dropped Dave Mackay (173 Games) and gave Hugh Greenwood a chance (Been SUPERB since debuting)
Hawthorn: Dropped Ryan Schoenmakers (102 Games) and gave Ryan Burton a role in defense (Rising Star Favourite now)
Port: Gave Sam Powell-Pepper a chance over Matt White (142 Games) and are continuing to back him in every week.

I know that they are different clubs in different situations/circumstances to us but I do really feel for Parto, he has averaged about 27 disposals and better than a goal a game over the last month.

Unless they're waiting for him to morph into Gary Ablett, the time has got to be now (Or next week as is unfortunately the case)

Players get rewarded on form............. well thats how it should be? Isn't that what the Club tells us ????

So let me get this right.

Le Crap stays in, but Hill out.
Cole in , Parto not given a run.

Last AFL Performances:
Mark Le Crap 10 possessions , 0 tackles , 1 solitary point.
Josh Hill 13 possessions, 4 tackles , 2 goals.

Hill gets dropped before Le Crap. :huh:

WAFL form should be rewarded, isn't that what the Club preaches.

Tom Cole 15 possessions, 2 tackles , 0 points.
Partington 22 possessions, 1 tackle , 3 goals.

Cole gets the nod before Partington. :huh:

I have followed this Club since inception , was there at that very first game, so I have seen the entire journey thus far.

But I seriously have know idea WTF this match committee is up to.

Could one of you wise folk please join the dots for me because I am perplexed and dumbfounded.
What am I missing ?????

I suspect that Le Crap must have purchased the incriminating tape and picture set sets from McGinnity after he retired.

They must really love Duggan, seemingly not really improving that much since last year,

Hasn't improved since his first season you mean. It was still his best year.

Stats will say he's improved ever so slightly with his disposals and tackles, but he's worse than he was in 2015 IMO.

The way Hill has been dropped over the last few weeks suggests its probably his final year with us
It's sad. And you can see why people like Tom lamb's mate say stuff about Simpson having favourites.

Hill has been dropped so many times over the past 3.5 seasons and I don't think Le Cras or Cripps have been dropped once.

It's really hard to give a s**t about the team at the moment.

Players get rewarded on form............. well thats how it should be? Isn't that what the Club tells us ????

So let me get this right.

Le Crap stays in, but Hill out.
Cole in , Parto not given a run.

Last AFL Performances:
Mark Le Crap 10 possessions , 0 tackles , 1 solitary point.
Josh Hill 13 possessions, 4 tackles , 2 goals.

Hill gets dropped before Le Crap. :huh:

WAFL form should be rewarded, isn't that what the Club preaches.

Tom Cole 15 possessions, 2 tackles , 0 points.
Partington 22 possessions, 1 tackle , 3 goals.

Cole gets the nod before Partington. :huh:

I have followed this Club since inception , was there at that very first game, so I have seen the entire journey thus far.

But I seriously have know idea WTF the match committee is up to.

Could one of you wise folk please join the dots for me because I am perplexed and dumbfounded.
What am I missing ?????

I suspect that Le Crap must have purchased the incriminating tape and picture set sets from McGinnity after he retired.
Well to be fair on Cole he is playing as a HBF and replacing an ageing Butler so not really comparable with Partington.

Tom Cole is an exciting prospect. I hope he has a huge game.

But his past four WAFL games have produced 11,12,13 & 15 disposals. Yes, he has been playing in defence, but based on those numbers he was hardly knocking down the door for senior selection

I honestly think Simpson has lost the plot.

Saw on the tv now Simpson said 'those changes should bring some excitement'. Maybe he had been reading Big Footy. I think Simpson is too concerned about being liked by all and sundry. Not a trait to have as a coach.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back