Round 15 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find the analysis one-sided / pessimistic.
Doesn't factor in Gawn being the primary beneficiary of no third man up, stronger midfield he's rucking to, Melb better winning percentage etc.
Witts doesn't have the capacity to go 150+, Gawn can.
But if you reckon the relative gain is better elsewhere, fair enough, back yourself in. Good luck.
images (7).jpg
Good argument the other way.

I like what both sides have to say.....
I dont know who to follow....
Can someone please, just tell me what to do!

From memory there is no time on in JLT. Games are a lot shorter yet they still allocate 3300 points. = huge scaling. DT is more comparable than SC when referencing pre season games. Have a look at the disparity between SC and DT scores from some of those games and you'll get an idea of what I'm talking about.

I guess I did the comparison as people watch the JLT with what players they have in mind and it may influence their final decision. This was supposed to be expectation of performance from JLT compared with end result half way through. Some of the players didn't play all games so results may vary.

Doesn't factor in Gawn being the primary beneficiary of no third man up, stronger midfield he's rucking to, Melb better winning percentage etc.
But if you reckon the relative gain is better elsewhere, fair enough, back yourself in. Good luck.
Good argument the other way.
I like what both sides have to say.....
You're probably right, and deep down I know it's true (3 full games for scores of 128, 111 and 113). I am just trying to find the best use for my final 6 trades. Witts looks settled and should be 90-105 from here on out. If Gawn gets the 105 he averaged against the better rucks last year (which included the 172 against Goldy), I dont think the trade is worth it unless Lynch can get back to his best, then I have no hesitation in going Witts->Gawn next week. Right now, Lynch is a liability on field and sitting at 522 (goal was to finish top 500), I really can't afford 30s from him. The whole point of bringing him in was for his "good run" which has delivered a 104, 37 and 39 - those last two were on his "good fixture". What happens when they play Sydney and WB in the next 4 weeks? With a BE of 184, it's now or never for him.

Someone elsewhere mentioned rucks tiring out and Gawn is fresh and I certainly didn't take into account and this could ultimately have a huge effect on the decision. My onfield options are (Gawn + Lynch) vs (Witts + Greene/Heeney).

I'm not sure I have the luxury to get Greene this week on field and then Gawn the following week. Would leave me with 3 trades for the remainder of the season and Newman D6 and Greenwood F7/M9 until final upgrade.

I have done up a spreadsheet with a comparison of how a player went in the JLT compared to what their average is now.

lol shaw

I look at it this way -

Witts and Greene

Or

Gawn and Lynch

I'm leaning towwards option 1 to be honest.

Same. What have we got ourselves into :'(

I know.

WTF were we thinking in trading in Lynch? :'(:'(:'(

I was going to pick Wallis (wish I had of listened to myself! :mad:)

I am so tempted to just trade Lynch to Greene this week as I think I am going to have to put Greenwood at M9 in case Selwood is a late out!

I don't want Brown/Bolton as cover if Selwood is a late out, that would be disasterous! :eek:

Nank will have to be my F7. Just hope his form picks up.

Maybe if the Tigers bring Maric in it will help his scores more as he can kick a few goals up forward and ruck aswell? o_O

Great to have a normal weekend with no Thursday night footy.

Team selections tomorrow night then a full day to ponder trades and 3 hours or so to finalise them after final team selections on Friday night before the game begins. :thumbsu:

Great to have a normal weekend with no Thursday night footy.

Team selections tomorrow night then a full day to ponder trades and 3 hours or so to finalise them after final team selections on Friday night before the game begins. :thumbsu:
Sunday we drown our sorrows as our teams great start on Fri night and Sat turns to s**t..

RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sunday we drown our sorrows as our teams great start on Fri night and Sat turns to s**t..

RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!!

adelaide-crows-loser-supporter-reamed-again-right-in-front-of-me.jpg

I am tempted to build my team around the players who have the least amount of Sunday games next year.

Cause why the **** not.
I dead set was thinking the same thing the other week.

Least amount of Sunday games. Same role as last year. Full pre season. Contested pig. Profit.

I look at it this way -

Witts and Greene

Or

Gawn and Lynch

I'm leaning towwards option 1 to be honest.

Same. What have we got ourselves into :'(
Faced with that equation, I'd do the same, I reckon, tbh.
Hard to have any confidence in Lynch currently, a couple more sub-60 scores could really stuff you and you're in the mix.
Just reckon the Gawn - Witts differential will hopefully be worthwhile (in my case, it's a different equation).

You're probably right, and deep down I know it's true (3 full games for scores of 128, 111 and 113). I am just trying to find the best use for my final 6 trades. Witts looks settled and should be 90-105 from here on out. If Gawn gets the 105 he averaged against the better rucks last year (which included the 172 against Goldy), I dont think the trade is worth it unless Lynch can get back to his best, then I have no hesitation in going Witts->Gawn next week. Right now, Lynch is a liability on field and sitting at 522 (goal was to finish top 500), I really can't afford 30s from him. The whole point of bringing him in was for his "good run" which has delivered a 104, 37 and 39 - those last two were on his "good fixture". What happens when they play Sydney and WB in the next 4 weeks? With a BE of 184, it's now or never for him.

Someone elsewhere mentioned rucks tiring out and Gawn is fresh and I certainly didn't take into account and this could ultimately have a huge effect on the decision. My onfield options are (Gawn + Lynch) vs (Witts + Greene/Heeney).

I'm not sure I have the luxury to get Greene this week on field and then Gawn the following week. Would leave me with 3 trades for the remainder of the season and Newman D6 and Greenwood F7/M9 until final upgrade.
What even is this discussion.

Witts is a hack potato temporarily dressed up as a less disappointing vegetable.

Gawn is a sexy man beast actual gun player.

The opposite of "chasing points" is "running from turds". I think you are over-rating Witts so that you can get away from Lynch's 30s. Problem is Lynch's scores are in the past, man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back