Play Nice 45th President of the United States: Donald Trump - Part 2 (cont in pt. 3)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
- Nowhere near enough Tiffany Trump (she's sneaky hot)
- Hasn't clapped Hillary in iron
- Hasn't clapped Obama in iron
- Several of Trumps tweets have spelling mistakes
- Hasn't turned North Korea into a pane of glass

+ Everything else
Aren't you a good catholic? Can't you come over to the George Pell thread, i'd appreciate your contribution.

I'm not sure how you can draw that conclusion from that article.
The claim is that these "sources" have no idea why the Whitehouse made a statement about further chemical attacks in Syria.
The article then goes on to state that there was "abnormal" activity at the previously bombed airbase, and that the "State Department, Pentagon, CIA and Office of the Director of National Intelligence" were involved.
That's the raw information, anything else is speculation

Looks like it has since become a non-issue following on from this (in my opinion) lulz-worthy dribble of diarrhea. I've quoted the relevant bits

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-mideast-crisis-syria-mattis-idUSKBN19J1OF

U.S. Defense Secretary Jim Mattis said on Wednesday that the Syrian government of President Bashar al-Assad appeared so far to have heeded a warning this week from Washington not to carry out a chemical weapons attack...

...He offered no evidence other than the fact that an attack had not taken place.

...The intelligence that prompted the administration’s warning to Syria this week was "far from conclusive," said a U.S. official familiar with it. "It did not come close to saying that a chemical weapons attack was coming," the official said.

The intelligence consisted of a Syrian warplane being observed moving into a hangar at the Shayrat airbase, where U.S. and allied intelligence agencies suspect the Assad government is hiding chemical weapons, said a second U.S. official....

Each reader can take it at face value if they so choose, but this specious reasoning is exactly the same as

"I Geelong_Sicko, formally warn the sitting govenment in Washington D.C not to take any military action against North Korea in the next week. Grave consequenses will follow if I am defied on this matter."

Now, let's wait a week. Let's see how terrified Washington is of crossing this 'red line' I have just drawn.

I really thought of all the Trump cult members, you may have been more objective and less gullible. But I was wrong.
Heil Project Veritas!
A cult member wouldn't criticise their idol, whereas I have criticised several of Trump's actions. He's not perfect, but not too far off either.

Please don't forget tomorrow's homework task, I will be quizzing you on the top stories of T_D. I've seen you post Pepe memes, I'm confident you'll learn to love the warm and welcoming Trump community!

A cult member wouldn't criticise their idol, whereas I have criticised several of Trump's actions. He's not perfect, but not too far off either.

Please don't forget tomorrow's homework task, I will be quizzing you on the top stories of T_D. I've seen you post Pepe memes, I'm confident you'll learn to love the warm and welcoming Trump community!
Minor criticisms to pretend you can be objective yet you accept Project Lies as truth.

I was serious when I thought that you would question and dig down further like I did when I didn't know of either party. I do like to have as much information as possible before taking a stance. Helps when you are not a cheerleader for one side.

I am just finding American politics really interesting this year, and really looking forward to Meuller's investigation. I just hope that Trump can control his ego and impulsiveness so that Australia is not further drawn into conflict.

Sarcasm doesn't really suit you and you can stick your request where the sun doesn't shine.

Minor criticisms to pretend you can be objective yet you accept Project Lies as truth.

I was serious when I thought that you would question and dig down further like I did when I didn't know of either party. I do like to have as much information as possible before taking a stance. Helps when you are not a cheerleader for one side.

I am just finding American politics really interesting this year, and really looking forward to Meuller's investigation. I just hope that Trump can control his ego and impulsiveness so that Australia is not further drawn into conflict.

Sarcasm doesn't really suit you and you can stick your request where the sun doesn't shine.
I honestly don't know if I'm being trolled. I'm gullible for accepting undisputed video evidence?

I wasn't being entirely sarcastic with my request. I think you have a kind heart and the right sense of humour to be one of us. How about you spend just 5 minutes on TD each morning, and in exchange I will spend 10 minutes browsing a news source of your choosing. Fair?

So I guess that's your "update" then, which the_donald were creaming over and then just disappeared. No actual proof. Sad! :(

Oh well, I'll ask President Marine Le Pen then. I heard those polls were all fake. ;)
If you have to brag about the election results from a loser country like France to feel better, then go for it! Macron: the establishment banker who is threatening military action against Assad, such a leftist victory!

I think she did that by referring it as 'bizarre'.
You think that is acceptable behaviour of a President/head of a country?
In your opinion, what is bizarre about it, why is it unacceptable?
If the implication is that President Trump cannot control his impulses around women, I didn't see or hear any inappropriate comments or body language towards the woman in the footage you posted.

Evidence? I didn't hear anything that is damning.
No proof, duh, that is what the investigation is about.
If there is no proof, what is the basis for the investigation?

The interviwer is a conservative activist, would expect nothing less from him.
I would much rather wait and see before grasping this straw. Fake news!
Fair enough. O'Keefe is certainly biased, but are you applying the same level of skepticism to the left?

Does O'Keefe ever released the full un-edited videos of his interviews?
Would be interesting to see some of these quotes in context
I think he should, if only so we don't have to watch the cringe "What you see next will shock you" parts of the videos.
That said, what further context do you feel is needed for the CNN video?

I think he should, if only so we don't have to watch the cringe "What you see next will shock you" parts of the videos.
That said, what further context do you feel is needed for the CNN video?
In todays age of video editing, seeing entire quotes in context is always necessary (CNN themselves are guilty of selective editing all the time, as are most news outlets so its not necessarily just a liberal problem)
He could have been presenting hypothetical situations for all we know. I think a lot of people (including the MSM themselves) would be willing to take O'Keefe a bit more seriously if he did release the full tapes of all his investigations.

There is the old saying in news, that if it sounds to good to be true, it probably isn't true (or something like that anyway). Part of me is slightly suspicious how a guy like O'Keefe that honestly doesn't come across as overly clever (at times seems more like a gimmicky troll type of character with previous behaviour, similar to Steven Crowder) is able to pull of these investigative exclusives.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like it has since become a non-issue following on from this (in my opinion) lulz-worthy dribble of diarrhea. I've quoted the relevant bits

"U.S. Defense Secretary Jim Mattis said on Wednesday that the Syrian government of President Bashar al-Assad appeared so far to have heeded a warning this week from Washington not to carry out a chemical weapons attack...

...He offered no evidence other than the fact that an attack had not taken place.

...The intelligence that prompted the administration’s warning to Syria this week was "far from conclusive," said a U.S. official familiar with it. "It did not come close to saying that a chemical weapons attack was coming," the official said.

The intelligence consisted of a Syrian warplane being observed moving into a hangar at the Shayrat airbase, where U.S. and allied intelligence agencies suspect the Assad government is hiding chemical weapons, said a second U.S. official...."

Each reader can take it at face value if they so choose, but this specious reasoning is exactly the same as

"I Geelong_Sicko, formally warn the sitting govenment in Washington D.C not to take any military action against North Korea in the next week. Grave consequenses will follow if I am defied on this matter."

Now, let's wait a week. Let's see how terrified Washington is of crossing this 'red line' I have just drawn.
The original argument was that the Defence department didn't know about the alleged threat, and that this was evidence of the incompetence of the Trump administration.

Now we are discussing if the "warning" was effective in preventing an attack or if an attack was even possible.
Surely the threat of US military reprisals hold some weight with Assad.

As for the potential of an attack, Mattis and the Whitehouse claim it was a credible threat, whilst an anonymous US official claims the evidence was "far from conclusive ".
Are military decisions made only when the evidence is 100% conclusive?

There's so much wrong in that tweet, but the most perplexing thing is 'Guardian of Amazon' line. Like the WaPo is meant to be guarding Amazon from something? From what?

These tweets are getting more and more senile.

Jeff Bezos; the founder, Chairman and CEO of Amazon.com, bought the Washington Post back in 2013.
Just as many people here claim News Corp papers are biased against Rupert Murdoch's interests, Trump is claiming the same.

Hahahaha thats unreal

Just for record, the above would be an example of Donnie boy acting like a baby.

If you can't see that he's having a glorious time, then you need new glasses.
This stuff is hilarious

The original argument was that the Defence department didn't know about the alleged threat, and that this was evidence of the incompetence of the Trump administration.

Now we are discussing if the "warning" was effective in preventing an attack or if an attack was even possible.
Surely the threat of US military reprisals hold some weight with Assad.

As for the potential of an attack, Mattis and the Whitehouse claim it was a credible threat, whilst an anonymous US official claims the evidence was "far from conclusive ".
Are military decisions made only when the evidence is 100% conclusive?

Not incompetence, but a division between the White House and the Pentagon. I think there's more than a few agencies and departments that are now off-side and Trump is playing games with the media that the others aren't 'in' on. I'm wondering if the entire thing was manufactured, by Trump's people, to occupy the media. Of course I don't have 100% proof so it's speculation and allegation only, but I saw the way he earlier played the North Korea situation. It brewed, occupied the media mind as it was meant to and then disappeared as quickly as it brewed up.

I'm glad it's no crime to be cynical, because I admit it. I AM cynical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back