List Mgmt. 2017 - Trading and Free Agency

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where Logue will be in 5 years is irrelevant (for the record I am firmly in the "he is NOT a midfield" camp). He is going to play defense next year. A Pearce is a defender. Showed heaps at the back and only a shred of that up forward.

In any event, I am not arguing what I think should happen. I am arguing what Ross is going to do. And that is to play 3 of Hamling, Johnson, Pearce and Logue.

Again, I am happy to get Aliir on the cheap, but I don't think he will come to play depth when he can just do that at the Swans.
If Allir came in he would get a game before Johnson and Logue I reckon.

Aliir Aliir played a few games in a losing run, got dropped, skipped out on training and didn't play again this year.

Thats right. What cost him was he didnt turn up to training and he paid the price.

I must be missing something with Allir. He's looked like a C/D grader every time I've seen him play. Helps if you block out moronic commentators like Darcy who lose their mind when he does something like a loopy 10 metre sideways chip kick.

Couldn't fathom how he was getting a game, I assumed it was simply because Sydney had a shortage of tall defenders. Not interested in targeting him in the slightest.

I must be missing something with Allir. He's looked like a C/D grader every time I've seen him play. Helps if you block out moronic commentators like Darcy who lose their mind when he does something like a loopy 10 metre sideways chip kick.

Couldn't fathom how he was getting a game, I assumed it was simply because Sydney had a shortage of tall defenders. Not interested in targeting him in the slightest.
I agree and I've watched him a few times on NITV in the NEAFL and he has been ok but also gets lost at times and as you mention his kicking gives the opposition a good opportunity to spoil.

As for getting a game ahead of Johnson and Logue I must definitely be watching the wrong guy. I would have Sam Collins ahead when comparing their performances in the two's and let's be honest the NEAFL is substandard compared to WAFL. Jack Anthony rips it up for his team as a back man in the NEAFL.

People complain about Logue's game sense but Aliir make Logue look like Hodge. The second he touches the ball he goes full tunnel vision and runs forward as fast as he can.

Last edited:
People complain about Logue's game sense but Aliir make Logue look like Hodge. The second he touches the ball he goes full tunnel vision and runs forward as fast as he can.
Logue looked equally bad this season (game sense). Where Allir just ran forward Logue was stuck in no man's land. The fapping over Logue on here is a bit OTT IMO.

Aliir is a full four years older than Logue. Aliir will probably sit on the pine next year after Sydney ask for too much and be basically worthless on the trade table after that.

Only way I want Aliir is if we get him for a fourth rounder onwards. That's not going to happen.

Totally disagree, could play in talls & small and read the play well to rebound. If it wasn't for injury he would have played in last year's GF and would have gone a long way to helping the Swans win.

Happy to have him in purple.

I must be missing something with Allir. He's looked like a C/D grader every time I've seen him play. Helps if you block out moronic commentators like Darcy who lose their mind when he does something like a loopy 10 metre sideways chip kick.t.

What a load of absolute garbage.

You try to down-play him using a fake example of a skill he isn't even renowned for? Aliir Aliir is a beast contested mark who is extremely agile for his size. He can work at ground level and in the air. Also has a penetrating kick and hits targets with ease. Works well in traffic too. No idea where the "10M sideways chip kick" remark comes from considering I've never seen him waste the ball like that. He was the difference in the GF last year.

You either didn't watch him at all in 2016 or you watched 5 minutes of a quarter this year and if you did it's a s**t blind opinion by you considering he returned from a 3-6 month long injury with a very limited pre-season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

if MJ retire I will go for allir allir for 4th rd pick ,otherwise wait until next year when his contract expire.

Suggest you go back and look at some of the form he was in last year. Looked quite sublime. This year it all came crashing down due to lack of a pre season and presumably attitude. We'd need to be confident that 2016 Alir is the real Alir, but if so then we should go for it.

Sliding doors with Damo seems very confident Wilson is heading our way
I wonder what the cost will be? I'm hoping it's something like Brad Hill; one year left on his contract but wants to head home for personal reasons and not the most important player to their current team - 2nd Rounder.

On another note, would laugh if Saints offer their two first rounders for Whitfield.

I am amazed that people are not rating Aliir. They must have watched different games to me last year. Maybe it's the natural aversion people have to commentator wank, which was admittedly over the top, but if you ignore that he looked very very good last year for a 22 year old KPD. This year was a down year (if you can even extrapolate any conclusions out of 3 games or whatever it was) after missing the pre-season but he'd be a great get imo

As an aside, some people on this board are far far too reactionary. This year was an ok year for Freo and Logue will be a very good player. A bad loss to Richmond in round 22 and a bad game from Logue in that game does not change anything

I am amazed that people are not rating Aliir. They must have watched different games to me last year. Maybe it's the natural aversion people have to commentator wank, which was admittedly over the top, but if you ignore that he looked very very good last year for a 22 year old KPD. This year was a down year (if you can even extrapolate any conclusions out of 3 games or whatever it was) after missing the pre-season but he'd be a great get imo

As an aside, some people on this board are far far too reactionary. This year was an ok year for Freo and Logue will be a very good player. A bad loss to Richmond in round 22 and a bad game from Logue in that game does not change anything
It's a bit of both of aversion to commentator wank but also it's that a lot of people get caught up in his story (grew up in a refugee camp in Africa) and overrate how he really went. If he didn't have the sotied history and you looked at him from a footy perspective, he's an average mobile backman.

Aliir Aliir will be playing in the NEAFL GF this weekend against Brisbane at the SCG which will be played after the game against Essendon on Saturday. Should be replayed Tues night 9:30pm.

They showed most of the NEAFL prelim final, Sydney vs Gold Coast on NITV last Tues night. Aliir Aliir played spare man in defence and got a lot of intercepts and spoils. Just an average game.

His kicking was pretty precise - a couple of times picking out the Swans teammate with a 45 degree centering kick . He also made 2 defensive howlers that led directly to opposition goals. One was not getting back off the mark to give away a 50m and the other where he took an intercept mark and then under no pressure played on and handballed over his teammates head directly to his GC opponent.

Big gap between the two teams (the margin was over 100pts during the 3rd quarter) although some of Gold Coasts recent draftees were on show. The players who get sporadic games for Sydney's AFL team Cunningham, Marsh, Rose all prominent.

It's a bit of both of aversion to commentator wank but also it's that a lot of people get caught up in his story (grew up in a refugee camp in Africa) and overrate how he really went. If he didn't have the sotied history and you looked at him from a footy perspective, he's an average mobile backman.

I personally think he's above average given his age but agree to disagree. I can see why people have a natural aversion to the media darlings as AFL media tends to be very over the top and cringeworthy. I just remember watching him play last year thinking he'd slot beautifully into our backline (with Pearce out) given how mobile he is for a big man, plus he generally hits his targets and is pretty good overhead. He wouldn't get a game ahead of Pearce or Hamling but with Ibbotson retiring, Johnson on his last legs and Collins not coming on as we'd hoped he would be very handy to have imo

I personally think he's above average given his age but agree to disagree. I can see why people have a natural aversion to the media darlings as AFL media tends to be very over the top and cringeworthy. I just remember watching him play last year thinking he'd slot beautifully into our backline (with Pearce out) given how mobile he is for a big man, plus he generally hits his targets and is pretty good overhead. He wouldn't get a game ahead of Pearce or Hamling but with Ibbotson retiring, Johnson on his last legs and Collins not coming on as we'd hoped he would be very handy to have imo
I don't think we're disagreeing with each other but it's as you say. He can't get in the seniors in the Sydney side and wouldn't get in our side (fully fit squad). He's not a world beater but not a bad player either, he's what he is on the packet, a decent depth backman. I'd be OK if we only had to part with a third rounder and $350K - $400K for three years, wouldn't be too happy if we had to give up a second rounder and $500K+

A third rd for allir aliir ? I rather risk using pick 40 on somebody else .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back