Official Off-Season Thread 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Bogut only signed for the minimum. Surely he could have got that on a good team.

Must just want to live in LA in his final few years. I get that after he was in Milwaukee for so long.

If he could get a little more than the minimum at New Orleans, I understand that.

Don't forget Minnesota cut him in the face of some nasty allegations (which proved unfounded).

He also opted out of about 3.1 so lost a bit

Still not as bad as Donatas opting out of 70mil to get a minimum with us lel

Good question - my vote goes to the NBL standard scrub we inevitably sign instead.

Are these guys officially signed or training camp fodder?

The Minnesota Timberwolves have signed forward Amile Jefferson and guard Melo Trimble.

Jefferson, 24, played with the Timberwolves in the 2017 Las Vegas Summer League, averaging 2.2 points, 3.6 rebounds and 11.0 minutes in five games. He was a fifth-year senior at Duke University in 2016-17 and averaged 10.9 points and 8.4 rebounds while shooting 61.3% from the field. Jefferson was a member of Duke’s 2015 NCAA Championship team and was a teammate of the Timberwolves’ Tyus Jones.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are these guys officially signed or training camp fodder?

They are bodies for the China trip and training camp. There are two roster spots up for grabs but another training camp guy, Marcus Georges-Hunt, seems to have the front running.

I can see the Bogut decision - Lakers told him he'll get enough playing time (3rd C maybe 2nd) and they'll trade him to as close to his choice of contender as possible at the deadline for a 2nd rounder or a contract.

Bogut keeps in shape and does not need to lock himself in to a team until half the season has panned out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back