Mega Thread The Official Bigfooty NBA 2022-3 Week 6 Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers
images

Only 2 legit East teams, Celts and Bucks.

Cavs still a season or two away, the rest mostly are either frauds or have poorly constructed rosters with no depth or bench at all (case in point Philly and Atlanta)

Indy are a fascinating team, meant to be tanking, but really got some impressive young pieces and Hield and Turner are putting in career best seasons which i think should get them a good haul by trade deadline.

I think Indy and Orlando right now are best placed to challenge Boston and Milwaukee in the East in the next 5-10 years.

Teams like the Bulls; Nets, Knicks and Heat are locked in for years with bad contracts and very little hope to improve via the draft
This stage last year the Celtics were looking awful and people were questioning whether they should trade one of the C’s.

The Cavs are a new team going through growing pains, think it might be a year too early but I’m not writing them off.

Philly had a slow start but Harden was elite to start the season once and and embiid are back I still give them a shot.

The Hawks are 11-8 despite Trae being no where near his best this year.

The sample size is way too small to write off any of those teams, they have shown enough.

In terms of 5-10 years it’s impossible to project that far ahead, but if we are picking a team to own the East in that time my money would be on the Cavs.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
This stage last year the Celtics were looking awful and people were questioning whether they should trade one of the C’s.

The Cavs are a new team going through growing pains, think it might be a year too early but I’m not writing them off.

Philly had a slow start but Harden was elite to start the season once and and embiid are back I still give them a shot.

The Hawks are 11-8 despite Trae being no where near his best this year.

The sample size is way too small to write off any of those teams, they have shown enough.

In terms of 5-10 years it’s impossible to project that far ahead, but if we are picking a team to own the East in that time my money would be on the Cavs.

Perhaps, some teams like the Nets, Heat and Bulls have mortgaged prime cap space and picks on some God awful trades.

Chicago lose their first round pick this year as long as it doesn't fall into the top 4 of the lottery, and I think San Antonio have their first next year (unprotected) as well as part of the DeRozan trade.

That Lavine extension (esp with his banged up knee) is looking worse and worse.

Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers
Perhaps, some teams like the Nets, Heat and Bulls have mortgaged prime cap space and picks on some God awful trades.

Chicago lose their first round pick this year as long as it doesn't fall into the top 4 of the lottery, and I think San Antonio have their first next year (unprotected) as well as part of the DeRozan trade.

That Lavine extension (esp with his banged up knee) is looking worse and worse.
Yeah I don’t give any of those teams a chance at a title, just can’t see a way for them to swindle it. Totally agree.

I feel for the Bulls somewhat, I think I rate a fully fit Lavine higher than most but even I wouldn’t say he is worth that contract, the problem is franchises are forced in to paying these guys under the current rules. That Beal contract is legit a joke but they either overpay him or lose him for nothing so they get bent over.

Think the rules need to be looked at because Beal has no business earning that. I think the Lavine contract isn’t in that class of being an anchor on the franchise, if he can get fit I think he’s not that far off being worth it.

The Heats roster I don’t rate at all, the only reason I give them a shot is because I thought they were set for mediocrity with no way to get over the jump 4 or so years ago and they managed to attract Butler and somehow make the finals with that roster

Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
What happened to him mate? Couldn't see any news about why he left the game.

Ingram also left early, capped off a stinker of a game.
He landed awkwardly on his back after a bad block attempt on Giannis and hurt his hip, hop he doesn’t need to miss games. He played a bit of the 2nd quarter after it happened in the first quarter then sat out entire second half

May 23, 2012
Smoothie King Central
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, New Orleans Pels
He landed awkwardly on his back after a bad block attempt on Giannis and hurt his hip, hop he doesn’t need to miss games. He played a bit of the 2nd quarter after it happened in the first quarter then sat out entire second half

Bummer.

As much as Robin Lopez is a national treasure, he's not going to be able to replace that mobility. Fingers crossed.

Aug 24, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
T'Wolves/Patrick Beverley/Footscray
Towns 13pt first qtr on the back of being aggressive, getting to rim/foul line, then proceeds to go to 1/11 deep & abandon what worked for him….is there a bigger mental midget in the game than this bloke??
Shocking game but so many of the shots were open. He was taking what they were giving him and had an atrocious shooting night. Aggression has been much better this season.

May 23, 2012
Smoothie King Central
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, New Orleans Pels
Robin is terrible on defense, took me 2 minutes of his first game for the cavs to realise that. We need a more reliable back up C given Mobley still doesn’t seem ready for it and Allen misses games

#BringBackHartenstein

It was a long time in a galaxy far away that Rolo played for us, but he wasn't bad as a basket defender if you funneled everything towards him. That was in a bygone era though. He's worth his salary just for character alone though.

Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
#BringBackHartenstein

It was a long time in a galaxy far away that Rolo played for us, but he wasn't bad as a basket defender if you funneled everything towards him. That was in a bygone era though. He's worth his salary just for character alone though.
Hartenstein is the dream, a premium back up C. I am eyeing Richards from Charlotte though they have Plumlee, used their lottery pick on a center + also have Kai Jones.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Give than man an Emmy.

In all seriousness, I hope the media gives him a job once he's done beating up mascots. Has genuine charisma.
A true character.

Charlotte Hornets wing Gordon Hayward is out once again due to an injury. This time around, Hayward is suffering from a shoulder injury. The exact nature of that injury has Hayward's wife Robin upset with the Hornets.

Charlotte has reported Hayward as being out due to a left shoulder contusion. Robin Hayward took to social media to refute that report, saying her husband is suffering from a more serious injury.

Mrs. Hayward said Gordon has a fractured left scapula. She went on to say Gordon played through the injury last game and that it prevented him from being able to lift his left. Robin then wrote that Gordon is missing games, it's because he's got more than a bruise.

Robin then stopped herself but returned back to post again that Gordon has a fracture. She finished by saying, “I’m over them not protecting players. Just was talking with a young player’s mom, and she was saying the same thing…”

Like when Kawhi missed close to an entire season with a thigh bruise

Oct 14, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
Mavs have lost every time Luka has gone sub 30 so far

Instead of letting him do what he wants and clamping everyone else more like don't worry about everyone else and just keep him under 30

Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers
Mavs have lost every time Luka has gone sub 30 so far

Instead of letting him do what he wants and clamping everyone else more like don't worry about everyone else and just keep him under 30
Was about to post this, 0-4 when going under 30.

Yet people will claim he is the problem and he needs to get them involved more LMFAO

Dead ass has 1 other player on the roster who can dribble. THJ is legit unplayable this year and Reggie looks washed so far.

The sad thing is he is probably the best passer in the league yet you can double him because the player he hits will brick the shot like 70% of the time.

Oct 14, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
Dallas are middle of the pack shooting 3s and 4th in the league in field goal percentage, hardly a huge issue.
I'd suggest it's a bit of an issue when the data shows you being that reliant on one player. Not like they're the only team though

Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers
Tatum MVP so far? Can't really give it to Luka or Steph being that their teams are 500.
If it ends like this it would go to Tatum but that shows what a cooked award it can be, Steph is playing the best basketball of his career on both ends and is somehow shooting even better. He has clearly been the best player this year so far

Remove this Banner Ad

Back