List Mgmt. Demons rabble overpay for poor 1v1 defender Fake Lever, Crows start the car!

What will Adelaide get for known weak flog & poor 1v1 defender Jake Lever?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Its referencing his roaming brian he does after the games and what it will be like in our rooms next year if he's even allowed in.
Yeah but what did BT do to make our players pissed with him in regards to Lever?

Sent from my SM-T355Y using Tapatalk

North have 1.5M a season they haven't spent. Once he enters the draft he can't refuse to go to the club who selects him provided they meet his demands. I don't think Melbourne are any chance of getting him if he ends up in the draft.
After getting rejected by all their recruiting targets, North just re-signed Ben Brown a year early to a new deal and extension. My guess is they used a lot of that free cash to front load his new contract, in order to reach the minimum salary cap spend and also ensure that they have the room to re-sign him again when his next contract expires.

So, North may not have quite as much free as we think.

The only worry is if he goes in the national draft and they use 27 on him and keep 10, i have no idea about the draftees so not sure if clubs would take him before 27, or if he can set his pay in the national draft?
He can put a price on his head. He can't refuse to go to the club that selects him. Both GC and North, and maybe even Collingwood have cap room to take him. He isn't getting to Melbourne in either draft unless they can trade in a top 5 pick. A trade will get done anyway.

North have 1.5M a season they haven't spent. Once he enters the draft he can't refuse to go to the club who selects him provided they meet his demands. I don't think Melbourne are any chance of getting him if he ends up in the draft.

Problem is that Lever won't care. If North draft him then he still gets paid.

I'll reiterate - having attended the grand final, there is a lot against us in this competition. There were a lot of factors that contributed to us putting in that performance, we have to overcome more than a Victorian side does to triumph on that day.

I think Levergate is as much an indication of how ruthless we've realised we need to be to take control of this competition as it is a reflection of what a campaignerload **** Jakey boy is.
Good post.

The way the club has handled the Lever situation is a good start, I'll be watching with interest to see if it is sustained. The competition treats us like ****, let's act accordingly - it's not going to change anytime soon.

Pull off some crazy gun trade by swooping on a disgruntled Petracca or Hogan and I'll be pretty convinced! ;):p

i assume his announcement interview aired on ch7 about him going home for family reasons, may or may not have been before the grand final
Not to mention spruiking Lever half the season while he was employed by Levers old man to broker interest from the Dogs and then the Dees.

I don't understand this threat of " if Lever is forces into the draft, Melbourne will still get him because he will put a price on his head that only Melbourne will be able to match". If that is the case, and Melbourne can get him so easily, why would they give up a 1st and 2nd round pick?
Are Melbourne really being nice to us by offering a their 1st pick? Maybe we should be very grateful to them for even offering their 1st, let alone their 2nd as well?
For those that thing Lever can put a high price on his head; i.e.- $1.5M the 1st year and $200k the second year, Just remember that the club that claims him, is allowed to even out the pay over the two years.

In the draft they would have to use pick 10 on him anyway, so they are offering that to us for a quick and simple trade.

You could consider pick 27 is being added to avoid the draft, they certainly don't want that uncertainty. Especially after all the time (15 months?!?) and effort they've put into chasing him, it would be very bad for their reputation if they couldn't get a deal done.

Yeah but what did BT do to make our players pissed with him in regards to Lever?

Sent from my SM-T355Y using Tapatalk
BT has been working to get Lever poached by any Victorian team all year secretly. Actively working against the AFC’s interests. All the while using his media influence to pump up Levers tyres and value while blowing smoke up our arses and openly mocking the AFC with his comments that we are such an accomodating club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good post.

The way the club has handled the Lever situation is a good start, I'll be watching with interest to see if it is sustained. The competition treats us like ****, let's act accordingly - it's not going to change anytime soon.

Pull off some crazy gun trade by swooping on a disgruntled Petracca or Hogan and I'll be pretty convinced! ;):p
BT has been working to get Lever poached by any Victorian team all year secretly. Actively working against the AFC’s interests. All the while using his media influence to pump up Levers tyres and value while blowing smoke up our arses and openly mocking the AFC with his comments that we are such an accomodating club.
This. Sick of being thought of as that meaningless interstate side full of good players ripe for the picking.

And then the Unwise Men from the East have the cheek to accuse the AFC of rigging Lever's B&F votes! Absolutely disgraceful gutter journalism.

This club must stand up and demand fair value - no more Dangerfield trades.

This. Sick of being thought of as that meaningless interstate side full of good players ripe for the picking.

And then the Unwise Men from the East have the cheek to accuse the AFC of rigging Lever's B&F votes! Absolutely disgraceful gutter journalism.

This club must stand up and demand fair value - no more Dangerfield trades.
We should make an official complaint to the AFL and refuse BT access to any players indefinitely.

Rumblings that Hogan unhappy that Watts being sacrificed to bring in Leaver. Petracca and Oliver miffed too as they are both out of contract next year and would each wanting at least as much as Leaver is getting.

Haven't heard what Vince or importantly Goodwin thinks of all this. Vince is Tex's best mate and they'd be spending a bit of time together this Summer.

Goodwin. Well sure his #1 priority is Melbourne but he would hear first hand from Roo how unsettling Leaver's actions have been. Add to that a potentially fractured playing group with 4 key players unhappy that the club has recruited him.

Could we see Goodwin state he doesn't want him, and Melbourne pull out of the deal?

Rumblings that Hogan unhappy that Watts being sacrificed to bring in Leaver. Petracca and Oliver miffed too as they are both out of contract next year and would each wanting at least as much as Leaver is getting.

Haven't heard what Vince or importantly Goodwin thinks of all this. Vince is Tex's best mate and they'd be spending a bit of time together this Summer.

Goodwin. Well sure his #1 priority is Melbourne but he would hear first hand from Roo how unsettling Leaver's actions have been. Add to that a potentially fractured playing group with 4 key players unhappy that the club has recruited him.

Could we see Goodwin state he doesn't want him, and Melbourne pull out of the deal?
Lever $ell$ out for $$$ and Melbourne are now in disarray.

upload_2017-10-8_11-7-59.png

I think football has changed a lot for the worse over the past 15 years. Successful clubs are full of selfless people who put the team before themselves. If Melbourne players are disgruntled because lever is now the highest paid player they are looking at the situation wrong and will never be successful. They should be greatful that the club has signed a potential superstar and someone who can push their team up that ladder.

Conversely if someone is leaving for the extra cash on offer they too will struggle to be part of something special... geelong, Sydney and hawthorn (dominant teams of the last 15 years) have all shown examples of a core group sticking together and sacrificing salary whilst also overpaying to get star players in and stay near the top. When your club can balance both, and it's not the easiest thing to do hence why only a few clubs have successfully accomplished this, that is when dynasties are built.

Players can leave but do it respectfully. Judd left West Coast respectfully and wanted whoever he went to to put up a good trade. As did Dangerfield.

Leaver threatened to go through the draft if a deal can't be done.

Lied to the club all year. Got caught out lying so the club cancelled his media commitments to protect him (who do you think compensated 5aa for their weekly spot that had been paid for?)

Then he disregarded the clubs requests not to go public with his intentions until a deal was struck with Melbourne, nek minnet he's having an interview with BT on channel 7.

The club doesn't trust him and he's acted appallingly this whole deal.
Lever is a terrible liar, watching his interview on the grand final parade his body language told the story. Watch it and look at his eyes telling the real story rather than the words coming out his mouth. I don't care if he's leaving really, just wish players could be honest and say "I'm going because they are offering a lot more money." I'd have much more respect for that then the nonsense crap that gets thrown around and quite frankly if he added that he did genuinely enjoy his time at Adelaide just that in the end this is a job as well as a passion and he's wanting to do what he feels is best for his financial future I really wouldn't have much bad will other than some disappointment that loyalty is dying within the AFL. It's really more the the blatant lies are insulting to people with intelligence that drives any level of annoyance for me.

In the draft they would have to use pick 10 on him anyway, so they are offering that to us for a quick and simple trade.

You could consider pick 27 is being added to avoid the draft, they certainly don't want that uncertainty. Especially after all the time (15 months?!?) and effort they've put into chasing him, it would be very bad for their reputation if they couldn't get a deal done.

I could see the Pies taking him before the Dees with their earlier pick. Screw him. I hope the Club has balls.

If we dont draw a line in the sand, every Club will continue to raid us and raid us well, knowing we roll over.

I think football has changed a lot for the worse over the past 15 years. Successful clubs are full of selfless people who put the team before themselves. If Melbourne players are disgruntled because lever is now the highest paid player they are looking at the situation wrong and will never be successful. They should be greatful that the club has signed a potential superstar and someone who can push their team up that ladder.

Conversely if someone is leaving for the extra cash on offer they too will struggle to be part of something special... geelong, Sydney and hawthorn (dominant teams of the last 15 years) have all shown examples of a core group sticking together and sacrificing salary whilst also overpaying to get star players in and stay near the top. When your club can balance both, and it's not the easiest thing to do hence why only a few clubs have successfully accomplished this, that is when dynasties are built.
Lol Sydney had COLA and they still lost quite a few players so I'm not sure you can include them in all honesty. They have been a very well run club and done what they had to do but I don't think you can compare them to Geelong or Hawthorn in this argument. If Adelaide had COLA I've got no doubt we'd have been quite able to retain or bring in talent quite easily. Biggest factors are simple - Melbourne is the heart of AFL, lots of players are from Victoria, Melbourne is a more desireable place to live for many so if you can get a bit more money from a club here + also live here then you win on every level. Unfortunately that does give Adelaide additional challenges but I'd support what Adelaide are trying to build than doing a Port Adelaide method of overpaying and contracting guys just for the sake of keeping them.

In the draft they would have to use pick 10 on him anyway, so they are offering that to us for a quick and simple trade. You could consider pick 27 is being added to avoid the draft, they certainly don't want that uncertainty. Especially after all the time (15 months?!?) and effort they've put into chasing him, it would be very bad for their reputation if they couldn't get a deal done.
Ummm ... You understand that Lever isn't going to be in the National Draft right? If a trade isn't done he goes into the PSD - where you cannot trade or swap picks.

But he can go in the national draft if they wanted?
Nope.

I actually think that is where these guys should go ... and they get what they get, no contract demands. Needs to be more pressure to get a deal done in trade period. Scrap the PSD altogether.

If Jake had to get traded to SOMEONE or head to the ND and get picked up by ANYONE, he would be more likely to accept an offer from say Collingwood ... instead of demanding Melbourne or the PSD.

Back