List Mgmt. 2017 Free Agency & Trading - Part 2 (Take Gibbs talk to the Gibbs thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do people think we will get anything for wigg, no club will give up anything for a player when they can get him as a delisted free agent next week. Or though the preseason draft.
Not sure on the rules regarding delisted free agents

Bet Sam Gibson is dirty he didn't have a business like that... brilliant idea.
That delisting was brutal, he's an average player, but he would get a game in a lot of sides next year. Youth for the win I suppose.

Why do people think we will get anything for wigg, no club will give up anything for a player when they can get him as a delisted free agent next week. Or though the preseason draft.
Not sure on the rules regarding delisted free agents
They just have to wait for us to delist him, which will almost certainly happen shortly after the Trade Period finishes. They can then sign him, without having to bother about the PSD.

To be fair look at all the mid 2nd round draft picks port had last year, none of them will be stars... I don't expect whoever they get at 33 to be much better. Impey whilst not being great was still a best 22 player for them.

To be fair look at all the mid 2nd round draft picks port had last year, none of them will be stars... I don't expect whoever they get at 33 to be much better. Impey whilst not being great was still a best 22 player for them.

Yeah and look at all the second round draft picks the Crows have had and what they've done with it.

You can't judge a second round pick just on Ports stupid recruiting record.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawthorn have had great success bringing in average players like Hale and Gibson, then turning them into good players. I think they are becoming far too ambitious with the likes of vickery and impey though.

Hawthorn have had great success bringing in average players like Hale and Gibson, then turning them into good players. I think they are becoming far too ambitious with the likes of vickery and impey though.

It's in for a penny, in for a pound at the moment.

No point them going in half measures with this last desperate bid for a premiership.

They need to just go all in and hope for the best.

If it fails that extra 2nd round pick isn't going to make the coming rebuild any less painful.

Given their record over the last 8-10 years, I'd say no-one should ever assume Hawthorn don't know what they're doing with player selection. Like you should never leave Sydney out of the 8 in your ladder predictions.

But gee....

If we've got our eyes on Edwards, I'd have thought the difference between 53 and 41 means nothing to us? But that involves all that complex father-son bidding stuff that my tiny mind can't deal with. :$
Edwards will go after 41. I can see us potentially getting Gibbs and drafting four players (including Edwards). Possibly getting Motlop (unlikely now though, IMO)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back