Home & Garden Your Dream Home

Remove this Banner Ad

Preferably a house built between the '60's and '80's and not be done up at all.

A pool would be a bonus.

Looked at a house a few years ago that was in pristine condition but hadn't been redecorated or renovated since about 1977. It was like something out of a magazine. I loved it. I was just there with a mate though and not looking for myself. He didn't even buy it.

Sent from mTalk

Always liked the look of these workers cottages in Brisbane.
images (59).jpeg
They are simple little houses, usually 3 beds, 1 bath, 1 living room, kitchen, small verandah at the front and larger verandah at the back.

The main features I like are the wooden floors, high ceilings, lots of windows for airflow and natural light, good locations, small size (less cleaning) and character, which are hard to get with newer houses.

Would get a pool with a nice area around it to enjoy the sunshine and relax, probably grow a decent sized tree next to it for some shade, but something that doesn't drop many leaves or seeds.

Unfortunately they are pretty expensive, around 600k to 1 million dollars because they're all located close to the city. Also they require a bit of maintenance, and are too small for medium or large families.

Looked at a house a few years ago that was in pristine condition but hadn't been redecorated or renovated since about 1977. It was like something out of a magazine. I loved it. I was just there with a mate though and not looking for myself. He didn't even buy it.

Sent from mTalk

There's something about those houses that have character.

Their own personality.

PM me that address please.

I'm told you can have saltwater pools or something like that and the upkeep is far less than normal chlorinated ones. Mrs ShanDog loves water and so does the little one. Probably a losing battle for me lol.

At least I'll get my own back with 30+ years of "I've come to clean ze pool" jokes.

yep

5 minutes a week on average in summer and nothing during winter

would need a full sterilization process tho...
Wouldnt want to run the Blue Flouro over those walls and floors

yugoslavia-gypsy-family-in-front-of-tent-D2BBTX.jpg
Fake pic. Kid doesnt have gun

Shell?

No one wants to live on a boat?

One of those private yachts Below Deck style would do me just fiiiiiiine.
Houseboat would be nice

Luxury boats- I did think of those $700,000 jobbies but I think while it would be fun I think the fun would only last so long

Depending on my mood and the time of the year

Unit in the city for football games and cricket and concerts. Can be as small or big as needed to sleep me and feed me for the 2 days I would be there to attend a game and rest etc
Farm in the bush, country. Jealous of Billy Rays place.
Place on the beach , Marino Rocks looks really nice.
Urban/Industrial shed with amenities and built in loft for living
House with 3 bedrooms , verandah with built in gas bbq, spa inside bathroom, bigger entertaining spa outdoors. Double garage and storage

(see hoarder thread)

Fallingwater by Frank Lloyd Wright.
fallingwater-frank-lloyd-wright.jpg

Been my favorite architectural design for as long as I can remember.

His story is fascinating as well as tragic. One night he was late home for a dinner party and his gardener/handyman (who's wife was the servant/cook) went on a rampage at the Taliesin pouring petrol around the perimeter of the house except for the front entrance, he then set fire to it and all the guests naturally panicked and ran out through the only part not on fire only to be greeted by the handyman with an axe killing 7 guests that included his mistress and her 3 children.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably somewhere in LA up in the hills or by the coast in California with views of the ocean.

Huge house with open living, outdoor pool with a huge bar and a full court basketball court.

Probably somewhere in LA up in the hills or by the coast in California with views of the ocean.

Huge house with open living, outdoor pool with a huge bar and a full court basketball court.
Man, I could think of nowhere worse to place a beautiful home with ocean views lol

Going to build ours in a couple of years.

Country-style facade with weatherboard look and subtle but pretty ornaments on the exterior.

Double story with four bedrooms (none sharing a wall with the master bedroom - kids don't wanna hear what happens in there...).

Generally open plan living and dining with kitchen, but a separate TV room.

Study / guest bedroom downstairs.

Large semi-open rear area for entertaining.

Plenty of windows for light.

Music room out the back.

Wife wants a pool (yeah we'll see about that...)

High ceilings and a construction style that doesn't just make every room a box without character.

Hello debt, my old friend...

You know you will end up with a pool...

I wouldn't mind a 20m long by 5m wide games room - why so long? To have a bowling alley (two lanes if being extravagant) and then also in such a room is a pool table, a few pinball machines, some old style sit down arcade games, and a kitchen loungey area with beanbags, a few TV's and sound system.

Mmmm bowling alley would be awesome. I'm assuming only the ultra rich would have those. How much you reckon that would cost to put in??? At least 50k+???

I've also seen on cribs houses having their own day spas. And a masseuse comes in every so often.

In terms of sports stuff, I'd have a tennis court.

Mmmm bowling alley would be awesome. I'm assuming only the ultra rich would have those. How much you reckon that would cost to put in??? At least 50k+???

I've also seen on cribs houses having their own day spas. And a masseuse comes in every so often.

In terms of sports stuff, I'd have a tennis court.

$20k-$60k based on the net. but if your going to do it, I dare say you'd have to go all out with lights, 20 foot TV screen at the end etc etc

i mean if i was super rich and not anti social I'd have a bowling alley and a bar and a pool table

if i was super rich and still anti social I'd have a wine cellar

I wouldn't mind a 20m long by 5m wide games room - why so long? To have a bowling alley (two lanes if being extravagant) and then also in such a room is a pool table, a few pinball machines, some old style sit down arcade games, and a kitchen loungey area with beanbags, a few TV's and sound system.
One for the backyard

23905559_2016183942000874_8494734943346089646_n.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back