News Stadium: The NEW Home of Football in WA

Remove this Banner Ad

You were allocated seats per Membership.
If you do not like seats and do not confirm seats prior to window closure, you lose seats.
If you do not like seats and do not switch seats prior to window closure, you lose seats.
Membership is based on bums in seats, so you'd lose Membership.
They are opening to public for new members after priority period closes.
There are non-seated memberships.

I'll just rock up on the days I can actually make it to the game and buy the best seats in the house.

What a joke - McGowan and co are out of touch.
I'm a mid 30's guy and Im sure as s**t my mates and I aren't the only ones who 'load up' with a few extra pints before the game, knowing we can't buy full strength.
Personally, if I knew I could buy a decent beer in the stadium I wouldn't do it.

And how's this for rational decision making - the corporates that get free piss and slam it for all it's worth are allowed full strength ! Knock me over with a feather.

Looks like its back to the old thermos / hip flask for me .

In other breaking news, come 2019 everyone in the crowd has to wear helmets in case a footy/cricketball Hits them.
Nothing to do with the State government. It the director of licensing who makes the decision free of political interference. They pretty much object to every licence application.

McGowan actually said leading up to the election is that if the regular fan had to drink mid then the corporate folk should drink mid too. Doesn't look like he could influence that either.

Nothing to do with the State government. It the director of licensing who makes the decision free of political interference. They pretty much object to every licence application.

McGowan actually said leading up to the election is that if the regular fan had to drink mid then the corporate folk should drink mid too. Doesn't look like he could influence that either.
Mcgowan is a toad. Like all pollies really.

What a joke - McGowan and co are out of touch.
I'm a mid 30's guy and Im sure as s**t my mates and I aren't the only ones who 'load up' with a few extra pints before the game, knowing we can't buy full strength.
Personally, if I knew I could buy a decent beer in the stadium I wouldn't do it.

And how's this for rational decision making - the corporates that get free piss and slam it for all it's worth are allowed full strength ! Knock me over with a feather.

Looks like its back to the old thermos / hip flask for me .

In other breaking news, come 2019 everyone in the crowd has to wear helmets in case a footy/cricketball Hits them.
Exactly, it actually encourages binge drinking.

Really they just want to sell mid strength and then change near the prices of full strength anyway.

Hasnt it been midstrength only for ages? What are you guys all stressing about, we used to go to The Vic, have 1-2 at the Bill Walker Room then continue on after. Its good the game isnt the main drinking session.

I'm not a big drinker so although I generally agree with this, I can totally understand people's frustrations at being treated like naughty children too

What does everyone think they will serve in the sports lounge?

Considering it was sold as having premium food and drinks, my gut says it will be mids only, FFC twitter has not replied to my question

What does everyone think they will serve in the sports lounge?

Considering it was sold as having premium food and drinks, my gut says it will be mids only, FFC twitter has not replied to my question

I emailed the same question. Hoping it will be full strengths as I did see an article that stated "lounges" could sell premium alcohol. FFC are probably waiting for confirmation.

I would be happy if there was a total ban on alcohol within the stadium. Gives me the woops, people jumping up and pushing along the row once or twice (or more) a quarter, and then returning with cups brimming over with a fluid indistinguishable from pee. Especially so when the worst offenders are irregular seat occupiers.:(

I would be happy if there was a total ban on alcohol within the stadium. Gives me the woops, people jumping up and pushing along the row once or twice (or more) a quarter, and then returning with cups brimming over with a fluid indistinguishable from pee. Especially so when the worst offenders are irregular seat occupiers.:(
There is way, way, way (WWWWAAAAYYYYYY) too much revenue in alcohol sales for it to even be considered banned. Heck, I could see pies and chips getting the boot before booze.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lol at sooking about moving a tiny bit for like 3 seconds for someone trying to get past your seat once or or heaven forbid even twice a quarter.

Nah.

I’ve paid good money to watch my team play footy, not the fat arse of a drunk with a bladder problem. If you want to go for a piss or another beer, go at the quarter time breaks and return in time or once a goal has been scored.
Don’t be a selfish prick and impact on the people around you.

Hopefully it won’t be quite as annoying at the new stadium, simply because there will be leg room, so moving past people who have to get out of their seats so you can get past won’t happen as much.

I rarely even buy any beers anymore but couldn't care less if someone want the get past.

If you can't spend a couple seconds moving for a fellow fan about 6 times over the course of a 3 hour game then I don't think you should really be calling anyone selfish.

edit - unless it's some drunken idiot bumping into people yeah sure but if they are moving quickly and politely who cares.

In the good old days at the WACA you weren't allowed to get into the members seated area except between overs or at scheduled breaks. I remember our since of disbelief when we went to a Gabba test and found chiko roll vendors wandering through the members' stand advertising their wares with full voice. Still one should be grateful for smal mercies in that you no longer have to put up with people blowing cigarette smoke over you for six or seven hours. Not really a small mercy when you think about it.

lol at sooking about moving a tiny bit for like 3 seconds for someone trying to get past your seat once or or heaven forbid even twice a quarter.
If you're there for the drinks more than you are for the footy, * off and watch it at the pub.

If you're there for the drinks more than you are for the footy, **** off and watch it at the pub.
I said I rarely even buy beers any more. Sure if it's some fat bloke that goes back and forth every quarter it is too much but if someone gets up to go to the toilet once a game or whatever having a sook about moving for a couple of seconds is meh.

If people are that worried about being around and allowing for each other maybe just sit at home and watch it on TV.

I rarely even buy any beers anymore but couldn't care less if someone want the get past.

If you can't spend a couple seconds moving for a fellow fan about 6 times over the course of a 3 hour game then I don't think you should really be calling anyone selfish.

edit - unless it's some drunken idiot bumping into people yeah sure but if they are moving quickly and politely who cares.

I resent your implication that I am being selfish here.
If it’s someone who is stopping me from watching the game, then yes they are being a selfish prick. I don’t mind standing up and having my view blocked at quarter time and after a goal because that’s a fair compromise, but the more people drink, the less considerate of other spectators they get.

If you're there for the drinks more than you are for the footy, **** off and watch it at the pub.
This.

I said I rarely even buy beers any more. Sure if it's some fat bloke that goes back and forth every quarter it is too much but if someone gets up to go to the toilet once a game or whatever having a sook about moving for a couple of seconds is meh.

If people are that worried about being around and allowing for each other maybe just sit at home and watch it on TV.
I was using the term "you" in the general sense.

I've been in the scenario described where different people every week sat next to me. People who aren't really interested in the footy and yak all through the game. Going for beers twice during every quarter, then disappearing at breaks only to turn up after the bounce. Up, down, up, down it's ******* annoying.

I resent your implication that I am being selfish here.
If it’s someone who is stopping me from watching the game, then yes they are being a selfish prick. I don’t mind standing up and having my view blocked at quarter time and after a goal because that’s a fair compromise, but the more people drink, the less considerate of other spectators they get.

This. If you can't wait 2 minutes for a stoppage to get up and go get a beer then you have a serious problem. It is football etiquette to wait until a break in play before getting up/going back to your seat. It is always the 'day trippers' who do it as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back