Jenkins v Dixon...who really cares? Some people clearly do

Remove this Banner Ad

apparently goals don’t matter anymore, it’s how you get the goals that really counts. Maybe when Jenkins gets a Joe the goose the Crows should just apologies and take the goal off the scoreboard.

Cmon even you’re still smart enough to be able to answer: why is there such a disparity between his goal tallies and his rating by the coaches?

:)

Last edited:
I reckon lol is so cringeworthy.

By stating “Jenkins isn’t the crash and bash contested mark” and Dixon is, you’ve basically admitted Dixon would be a better fit in our side because our side lacks one.

I’ve repeated this a couple of times, how many KPFs does a team play? 1? 2? We need him to play as KPF, not as a flanker or crumber, we have enough of those.

So many times it’s been mentioned “it’s not his role” or “they play different roles”, the reason that’s the case is because Jenkins despite his size is incapable of it. You guys are just letting him off with this excuse. I’m sure the club doesn’t tell him to not take contested marks or be soft.

As for a comparison of goals kicked, how many times would Jenkins have played on the best defender?

If he is playing to a different role, if his role is mapped out by the coaching team, then the coaches would be the ones to know wouldn’t they?

In that scenario you would expect his B&F rating to exceed his output, because he was doing a job, doing the role asked of him

The opposite is true, so no, there is no credible argument that JJ is a role player

Except when you get games like the GF and no one scores the goals, then how you get them counts, it comes home to roost that you’ve got a free loader for a KPF.

As for cheaper than Dixon, I’ve read that a lot as well. How much cheaper and how does anyone know?
The GF was far from Jenkins' fault alone. Lynch was the most ineffectual fluffy ball of nothingness I've ever seen. Just for starters.

Re pay: it seems Jenkins is on around 600k. That's what I've heard numerous times with a trigger for his final year. Seems believable given Brisbane offered him 800 and something but he stayed for less. Dixon came to port on 625k or something. I remember Rooch reporting it as if he was on that for his entire contact. But then it came out that his contract was heavily back ended because they still had Schulz and had made some other big contracts. My power supporting dunces, I mean friends, who have been members since 1870, I mean 1997, seem to think he's on 800k now. Whatever. But he's their head banana and didn't come to Adelaide for the meter maids. I can't see him being on less than 750k.

Regardless, even if he's on the same money as Jenkins he's no more effective. 2.1 goals a game.

I was being polite. we could try the alternative ;)
This is the "fantastic" thing again, right? You reckon Charlie Dixon was fantastic because he polled well in his club's BnF.

I reckon measured against other KPFs he was not fantastic. He was decent. Up there in the second tier of KPFs but that doesn't count as fantastic in my book.

If you want to debate the data I'm happy to. If you're going to pull the moody ad hominem s**t save it for someone else.

I reckon lol is so cringeworthy.

By stating “Jenkins isn’t the crash and bash contested mark” and Dixon is, you’ve basically admitted Dixon would be a better fit in our side because our side lacks one.

I’ve repeated this a couple of times, how many KPFs does a team play? 1? 2? We need him to play as KPF, not as a flanker or crumber, we have enough of those.

So many times it’s been mentioned “it’s not his role” or “they play different roles”, the reason that’s the case is because Jenkins despite his size is incapable of it. You guys are just letting him off with this excuse. I’m sure the club doesn’t tell him to not take contested marks or be soft.

As for a comparison of goals kicked, how many times would Jenkins have played on the best defender?

I don’t think much of Jenkins but to your point why would the coaches let him get away with playing like a SOft C*** if they expected him to play a bash and crash role? There doesn’t seem to be any urgency to turn him into that so they must be happy with how he plays.

This debate has turned into an"I can kiss further than you contest"

Bottom line is in a perfect world I wouldn't have either player in my side as they both have significant floors in their game

JJ lacks physicality
Dixon lacks versatility and his goal kicking looks fragile

As for “other true Crows supporter”, how does go and get ****** sound? Take your back handed dig and shove it up your arse. How dare a Crows supporter have an opinion of one of our players that isn’t complimentary, better to be delusional and just support the boys.
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. So the cap fits I see.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

oh, so you’re one of the last few remaining mouth breathers who still rates him.

I guess even the remedial kids will catch up eventually.
I know you hate statistics because they kill your nonsense.

50 goals a season bitches!

Don’t care how soft they are.

The strange thing is you seem to deny they are of any value at all. If you think JJ is of no value then by default you think 50 goals a season is of no value, yet you are Mr. Football knowledge? Spin it how you like.

And yes, you might catch up eventually.:)

The GF was far from Jenkins' fault alone. Lynch was the most ineffectual fluffy ball of nothingness I've ever seen. Just for starters.

Re pay: it seems Jenkins is on around 600k. That's what I've heard numerous times with a trigger for his final year. Seems believable given Brisbane offered him 800 and something but he stayed for less. Dixon came to port on 625k or something. I remember Rooch reporting it as if he was on that for his entire contact. But then it came out that his contract was heavily back ended because they still had Schulz and had made some other big contracts. My power supporting dunces, I mean friends, who have been members since 1870, I mean 1997, seem to think he's on 800k now. Whatever. But he's their head banana and didn't come to Adelaide for the meter maids. I can't see him being on less than 750k.

Regardless, even if he's on the same money as Jenkins he's no more effective. 2.1 goals a game.

I agree with the GF lynch and tex were just spectators Sloane was beaten by a kid in his 5th game Greenwood was non existent

You can point the finger at plenty if you want to be honest

But that isn't how the blind faithful do it, they need a whipping boy

I agree with the GF lynch and tex were just spectators Sloane was beaten by a kid in his 5th game Greenwood was non existent

You can point the finger at plenty if you want to be honest

But that isn't how the blind faithful do it, they need a whipping boy
Blind faithful and needing a whipping boy are contradictory aren’t they?

And you’re assuming the dislike of Jenkins is based on one game.

Do you rate him? Or do you think he is SOFT?

By the way Greenwood was injured during the first qtr.

Blind faithful and needing a whipping boy are contradictory aren’t they?

And you’re assuming the dislike of Jenkins is based on one game.

Do you rate him? Or do you think he is SOFT?

By the way Greenwood was injured during the first qtr.

Excuses Excuses, Im not calling anyone out individually for the GF I can name a dozen players I expected far more from without any trouble what so ever

JJ definetly played his role last year after coping a pretty bad injury, I broke two ribs in July and I can still feel them on some excersizes . Yet he had a good year in relation to goals scored which after all is his job and relieving Jacobs. To say he was poor is ridiculous

I voted, does that count? ...and out of interest, what has me posting or not posting in that thread got to do with anything? I was at the GF and don’t need to ever watch that shitfest again.

I was there and watched it the next morning after getting in at 4 am Sunday morning so cant remember much of the replay, wont be watching it ever again, why would I

Excuses Excuses, Im not calling anyone out individually for the GF I can name a dozen players I expected far more from without any trouble what so ever

JJ definetly played his role last year after coping a pretty bad injury, I broke two ribs in July and I can still feel them on some excersizes . Yet he had a good year in relation to goals scored which after all is his job and relieving Jacobs. To say he was poor is ridiculous
What about soft?

I voted, does that count? ...and out of interest, what has me posting or not posting in that thread got to do with anything? I was at the GF and don’t need to ever watch that shitfest again.
Just curious to see if your definition of a true supporter included going to their games

I would take Dixon over Jenkins regardless of the fact they are different players. Jenkins is more athletic however Dixon is a natural player who is building.

Jenkins is coming towards the end of his career and Dixon is approaching his best years.

I would still take our forward line over the Powers though.....although the Watts trade will only assist Dixon. Will be fascinating to watch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back