Autopsy Essendon Vs Richmond - JLT 1

Remove this Banner Ad

They are premiership players and elite pressure forwards, but I still feel Butler and George are upgrade-able.

Butlers missed snap and George’s fumble when running across an open goal in the last summed them up for me - almost nailed on best 22 players but leave the door open for some cleaner players to take their spots IMO

Butler in particular, he had some stellar break out games early to mid season, but tailed off with extra attention. At least he's doing the basics consistently well now, but that's not enough for his role

I was listening to Wallace call the game, he was pretty unimpressed with stringer.
Saying blokes 10ks lighter pushing him outta the way cause he was blowing so hard.
Good to see Stringer just putting his head down and having a go without drawing too much attention to himself with stupid hairdos....geez that's bad
He just walked around the middle looking lost. I'm not sure what happened at the Essendon intra but he NFI what he should be doing. He must have lined up on that kid Long or something.

I'm more of a Lance Cairns type batter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Who do you play for in Traralgon? I was their last Sunday at the Traralgon Eagles ground to watch a final between Pakistan and Sri Lanka .
After the Prelim between SL and India there was a bbq with curried snags and other Subcontinent cuisine and i scored more runs than both finalists put together.

The Bolton and Rioli show is going to be specialllll when it's up and running full time, going to pull a lot of backmans pants down these 2 working together. Bolton should play r1 after yesterdays effort and hopefully most/all of the year. Who he replaces when Rioli returns I'm not sure.
Looking forward to seeing Bolton get some games early and develop into what we know he can be, then the question will be can anyone take his spot. Will be impressive with both him and Rioli in the Forward line and hopefully Rioli rotating through the middle.

Loved seeing the boys enjoying each others company, was fantastic to see they don't just talk liek a lot of other clubs.

I made 72 today.

I racked up a rapid 19. Went out trying to smack one over mid off. If it had of gone to the fence, it would of left us with 29 to get off 2 overs.
But, moving forward, helloooooo B grade.

Apologies to females on the thread, but I'm home from the pub, my wife has no bra on and she's cracking the shits at me trying to cop a feel at every opportunity.
I would not object if she tried to grope me at anytime.....

On Nexus 5X using BigFooty.com mobile app

Are you Troy from Married at first sight?

As funny as leprosy.

What did the dude with leprosy say to the prostitute?
"You can keep the tip"......
Try the veal folks.....

Not getting too carried away with this win...ffs half their team was out...
Geez it's still nice to belt them though!
They had 4 best 22 players out, with Merrett getting injured early. We had 3 best 22 players out, with 2 getting injured early. Same.

I racked up a rapid 19. Went out trying to smack one over mid off. If it had of gone to the fence, it would of left us with 29 to get off 2 overs.
But, moving forward, helloooooo B grade.

We made 5/247 off 45. I went in at 4 and paced the innings, only hit 4 balls in the air, hit nine 4s and shared a 120-run partnership with a good mate until he ran me out in the last over. But we won, so all good.

Looking forward to seeing Bolton get some games early and develop into what we know he can be, then the question will be can anyone take his spot. Will be impressive with both him and Rioli in the Forward line and hopefully Rioli rotating through the middle.

Loved seeing the boys enjoying each others company, was fantastic to see they don't just talk liek a lot of other clubs.

I’ll raise you 2 Rioli’s rotating with Bolton in a pocket, tears of joy at always having a Rioli on the ball and always one infringe if goals (a couple of years away although from the looks of yesterdays game Maurice jr would already have a higher output than the entire essendon team - Dean Rioli must be spewing that essendon got him to 100 games for the father son rule.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dunno, i reckon they are both integral

Butler was cruising around in 2nd gear yesterday, George set up a couple of goals with pure gut running which i love about him. They both get into dangerous positions and their work rates are elite
They are integral. You only had to read that book to see how important Butler was and is regardless of how much ball he wins. Those two play at a pressure intensity level never seen until last season and aren’t easily replaceable by any stretch.

We made 5/247 off 45. I went in at 4 and paced the innings, only hit 4 balls in the air, hit nine 4s and shared a 120-run partnership with a good mate until he ran me out in the last over. But we won, so all good.
I wish iw as still playing but alas the body fell apart. Particularly that the standard is rubbish these days.

Just went through our senior list. There's legitimately 30-33 players who could play firsts this year without dropping away too much in quality (although not so much in our talls). Depth of the club is outstanding. Hope one of Hampson/Soldo come in at some stage to give Nank a break. As we've seen in 2016/17, it's all about hitting the finals in form and with a healthy list, preferably top-4 and with home finals.

Loving the competition for spots, which was reiterated by Hardwick in his press conference. 'If Shai is going to play as a forward, he needs to tackle and bring the pressure'.

Hardwick also reminds the footy world that it's our leadership of Cotchin, Jack and Alex who drive the standards at the club, and that our style of play is contagious in the group. It's pretty simple really, and the less complicated the better if new guys have to come in and play a role.

They are integral. You only had to read that book to see how important Butler was and is regardless of how much ball he wins. Those two play at a pressure intensity level never seen until last season and aren’t easily replaceable by any stretch.

So freaking true.

Georgie is especially underrated on this board.

He fumbles a bit here and there and yeah sure Stengle might take it cleaner let's say, but he would t be there to begin with. George is always dangerous. Elite running patterns and can take a very good grab. Al in addition to elite speed and work rate and a huge tank.

He and butler are a massive part of our success and have every other small forward option we have currently, well covered.

Bolton may have more talent but he'll never be as strong and I don't believe he'll ever have the tank of these 2 guys.

yesterday woosha put stringer on dusty it lasted about 5 mins and stringer was rooted like he just ran a marathon delicious
But Tim Watson said that stroker was going to give Dusty a run for his money :$

Remove this Banner Ad

Back