Tom Lynch - itshappening.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Under normal circumstances Griffiths' salary could be excluded from the cap due to his retirement and us not paying him. The issue is this sort of thing happens prior to lists being lodged, Griff was on our books for a portion of the last year of his contract, so it's possible the cap space won't be made available.
Griffens would be paid out in full regardless, because concussions. Workplace accidents.

You would expect we would be starting a rebuild in 4/5 years time once Cotch, Rance, Jack ect are done and dusted. Just back end the hell out of a long term deal and have a massive crack at more flags now.
The way to do it is to be constantly rebuilding. Once those lads retire, we get a gun mid FA to top off the youth we've continued to bring in.

Lynch will be at the Suns or Tigers in 2019. He is not seen as a partner to Jack up forward, more as a replacement.

Book mark it.
Three years of those two together is mouth-watering.

He cant play forever and will be almost 32 in 2019.
He'll turn 31 in October 2019.

That would make him (Waite) the best player on their list wouldn't it?
Certainly has the most potential.

Love a National comp more IMO. Desperate for GC to show something. Without lynch it’s less likely short term. He goes it’s close to being the first nail in the coffin I reckon
The AFL is in for the long haul. It's eight years in, look how long they propped up Sydney.

gold coast is done if lynch leaves. they'll finish last 3 years in a row then merge with norf and I don't think Gil wants that. he wants gc to survive and prosper and send #lolnorf to tassie if all goes well.
Gil would love a Norf-GC merger. Even he's smart enough to know what Tassie really wants and deserves is a team of its own. Two birds, one LolNorf.

Yeah maybe but Lynch is the one top liner they have. He leaves and they are literally back to square -2. Any good will the afl has on GC disappears with Lynch in the short term. Afl can’t keep pumping the money they have been into the club. Afl need post commonwealth games for GC and Lynch to be intact for next year to have any shot of it being a legitimate option.

Personally I reckon the GC is ******. Should never have done it but it’s a millstone now and it’ll be the next administration that will have to deal with a failing organisation. They had their one and only chance and they ****** it up
As above. Gold Coast still has plenty of talent if Lynch goes: May, Martin, Wright, Swallow, Miller, Day, Hall, Weller, KK, Witts...

If they get another two top-5 kids this year, the AFL will help them run the joint better and see it through until the list matures. Lynch has four years of his best footy left. He can't get what he wants out of the game at Gold Coast, that ship sailed with Caddy, Prestia, O'Meara et al. If the Suns are smart they will maximise their return. Cash him in.

GC will follow Brisbane's strategy.Draft kids who are mates.
They already have: Ainsworth, Brodie, Bowes, Scrimshaw. Fiorini. All very talented kids.

Also wouldn't be surprised if we have more in the bank then it would appear. There was some report on afl.com.au today stating that Cotch was one of a few who was on a million+ last year. With dusty's contract coming in this season he could well drop down to 500k or something. All of a sudden we are only paying 1.6m for Cotch + Dusty which is a pretty good deal if you ask me. Wouldn't be surprised if Rance and Jack's contracts were front loaded as well with the look to load up for a flag (which came earlier than expected) in the next couple of years. I think we will have the cash there, if he wants to come.
Even if Cotch was on $1.2m last year, he'd still be on 700 a year for the rest of his deal. But I agree with you, if he wants to come, we'll be able to pay him. We would lose a few fringe players.

Hasn't every player that's been linked to us publicly early in the year ended up with us?

Yarran, Prestia, Hampson are a few that come to mind...

:think:
Shiel and Treloar didn't, Tiger71 :$

Griffiths wont be paid out in full due to concussion lol thats a silly comment as he has left whilst contracted another year to play another sport
He would get probably 50% at max and only due to club giving him something to move on with similar to Yarran getting $100 for 2 years of his deal

the afl will ensure he remains a sun. they can pay whatever they like for the ambassadorial role and the suns are their club and always will be.
Gillon must have read your post - Came straight out and said AFL won't make an Ambassadorial Appointment whilst he is still deciding where he will be. Is that code for "Sign with the AFL Suns" and it's yours big fella?

Gillon must have read your post - Came straight out and said AFL won't make an Ambassadorial Appointment whilst he is still deciding where he will be. Is that code for "Sign with the AFL Suns" and it's yours big fella?
But im sure they would tell him what the deal would be worth to him

But im sure they would tell him what the deal would be worth to him
And perhaps even give his Manager a copy of the said Contract to bring him up to speed, but definitely not to influence in any way because that is simply not what the AFL do - transparency is key!

Why would you go public with this. Hated other clubs talking about dusty. I’d prefer we keep it quiet and just work the deal behind the scenes.

You know what? After clubs openly courted Dusty during the season last year he probably thought bugger it and who can blame him. It doesn't just happen behind closed doors any more.

You can't be half arsed about it. We all wanted a return to the ruthless Tigers of old. Well this is it.

Can just see GR looking down grinning with a "By Jesus Cocko, what took you so long!"

Lynch to us is alive and well - officially. Not sure when Benny became coach, or if it's just a typo (answer typo)

We've got the $ it seems and am offering him finals. And it'll be FA. So no draft picks used. Very nice if we can keep building the squad while bringing in mature aged stars.

I sorta hope when they play us
there are heaps of tiger fans. It's at Metricon though. You'd hope he turns up the G for a final in front of 90K, and falls in love with us.
At metricon last year we outnumbered them 3to 1

You know what? After clubs openly courted Dusty during the season last year he probably thought bugger it and who can blame him. It doesn't just happen behind closed doors any more.

You can't be half arsed about it. We all wanted a return to the ruthless Tigers of old. Well this is it.

Can just see GR looking down grinning with a "By Jesus Cocko, what took you so long!"

Can still be ruthless and professional. I don’t want to make a big deal out of it it was just an observation - we do 99.9% of things right these days

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Griffens would be paid out in full regardless, because concussions. Workplace accidents.

The way to do it is to be constantly rebuilding. Once those lads retire, we get a gun mid FA to top off the youth we've continued to bring in.

Three years of those two together is mouth-watering.

He'll turn 31 in October 2019.

Certainly has the most potential.

The AFL is in for the long haul. It's eight years in, look how long they propped up Sydney.

Gil would love a Norf-GC merger. Even he's smart enough to know what Tassie really wants and deserves is a team of its own. Two birds, one LolNorf.

As above. Gold Coast still has plenty of talent if Lynch goes: May, Martin, Wright, Swallow, Miller, Day, Hall, Weller, KK, Witts...

If they get another two top-5 kids this year, the AFL will help them run the joint better and see it through until the list matures. Lynch has four years of his best footy left. He can't get what he wants out of the game at Gold Coast, that ship sailed with Caddy, Prestia, O'Meara et al. If the Suns are smart they will maximise their return. Cash him in.

They already have: Ainsworth, Brodie, Bowes, Scrimshaw. Fiorini. All very talented kids.

Even if Cotch was on $1.2m last year, he'd still be on 700 a year for the rest of his deal. But I agree with you, if he wants to come, we'll be able to pay him. We would lose a few fringe players.

Shiel and Treloar didn't, Tiger71 :$

Thanks for the tag.

I just post who we have a genuine interest in. Do that way in advance as well. Lynch perfect example yet people remeber the ones we miss and think its my fault

Thanks for the tag.

I just post who we have a genuine interest in. Do that way in advance as well. Lynch perfect example yet people remeber the ones we miss and think its my fault
Come on Blair71.Lift ya game.:p

I wonder how much Puma will be prepared to kick in to the kitty for Lynch or maybe Jeep need a new face that just Doesnt Hold Back
Maybe we can "loan" Lynch until the Suns flag window opens.
What a great idea by Gil.:poo:

Thanks for the tag.

It is your fault that Treloar decided to go play under his boyfriend and Richmond had to lick it's wounds and instead pick up Daniel Rioli, Dion Prestia, Toby Nankervis, Josh Caddy and Jack that is and have the cheek as a result to win a premiership, so you sir should take great pride that it's all your fault because without your posts, Fat Eddie might not have s**t his pants and got Trelol's missus a job at C9 to convince trelol to go to the pies.

Last edited:

Hilarious. The governing body comes out and price signals to one its constituent clubs players. In any other industry this wouldn’t be tolerated. How about you GAGF Gil and let the FA market which you helped create sort itself out.

Thanks for the tag.

Dude, you should know by now I'm only gaggin ya. Love ya work.

Griffiths wont be paid out in full due to concussion lol thats a silly comment as he has left whilst contracted another year to play another sport
He would get probably 50% at max and only due to club giving him something to move on with similar to Yarran getting $100 for 2 years of his deal
No idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back