Official Match Thread Season 25, Round 8: Las Vegas Bears vs East Side Hawks at The Stadium in the Sky

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 16, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Fighting Furies
upload_2018-3-20_0-48-48.png Vs upload_2018-3-20_0-48-54.png

Season so far
On field:

Bears:
After a disappointing close loss to the Royals of all teams last week, the Bears have only managed one win and a % of 88.06 for the season and are currently fighting the Swamprats for the Wooden Spoon. Will they suffer yet another disappointing loss and replace the Swampies at the bottom of the ladder?

Hawks:
The reverse is true for the flying Hawks who have won their last 5 games and sit at the top of the ladder with only one loss and a whopping % of 128.38. Can they continue their winning form with a comfortable win over the struggling Bears?

Off field:

Bears:

The bears are not the most active team this season. They have quality posters such as their captain JoshWoodenSpoon and Doctor Gero. Judging by last weeks match where I somehow became second highest contributor just posting the game, the bears could somewhat be on struggle street.

Hawks:
The Hawks are one of the most active teams in the Sweet FA. Posters such as The Filth Wizard, BRAB and his new sock puppet NinjaSwan and Agent93 are continually their best posters every week. They also have promising rookies such as YearOfTheRoos and por_please_ya.

Last time they met: Round 11 Season 24

Hawks came out of the blocks firing dominating the entire game and emerging victorious by four goals. tgrs, brahj and @keg on leg starred for the hawks JoshWoodenSpoon, Matera92 and @fivestring fought hard for the Bears.

LVB 1 3 4 3 8 5 13 8 86

ESH 4 1 8 1 13 4 17 9 111

Who is firing?
Bears:

JoshWoodenSpoon: As incompetent as he is, the Bears captain has gone from merely posting “Here we go!” 100 times in a Furies match thread a couple of seasons ago to being one of the elite posters in the Sweet FA

Hawks:
Agent93: One of the more reasonable and easy going Hawks posters has been a quality contributer and poster for them this season.

Who isn’t??

Bears:
AngryRanga: What happened to this guy? It’s like he fell off the face of the Earth. The co captain of the Bears was no where to be found when he was required to perform sexual favours for all the captains and doesn’t seem to be around match threads lately.

Hawks:
Mr Eagle: The ex Eagles captain used to be one of their best posters but has since fallen off the face of the planet? Did he retire? No he is still on the team list. Has he made a post this season?

Match predictions: Well it’s hard to predict a randomly simmed game, so I am going to make some non-qooty related predictions:

1. This match thread will not pass 10 pages.

2. Loonerty will * up the team sheet

3. Doctor Gero will go head to head with The Filth Wizard.

If I have to make a Qooty prediction, Bears to come back from 50 points behind at 3 qt time and win by 2 points.

Captains… team sheets…11.59 pm Thursday. You know the drill, I shouldn’t have to remind you campaigners.

Last edited:

giphy.gif

1. BRAB
2. Biggie
3. Papa Juggs
5. go you pups
6. larrikin
7. Milera2Betts
9. Agent93
11. Eagling
12. Noobz0r
13. Karnezis_13
14. Loonerty (c)
15. jackenny
18. Mr Eagle
19. Danger in Texas
23. The Filth Wizard
25. Egga
28. spookism
33. Marklar_33
34. boncer34
38. NinjaSwan
40. por_please_ya
42. brahj
43. Keg on legs
50. YearOfTheRoos
69. William Wonka
100. Brown Bottle

2. Loonerty will **** up the team sheet
Who are you talking to right now?
Who is it you think you see?
Do you know how much I contribute to this team? I mean, even if I told you, you still wouldn't believe it. Do you know what would happen if I suddenly decided to step down as captain? A qooty team big enough that it could be listed on the NASDAQ goes belly up. Disappears! It ceases to exist without me. No, you clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in. I am not in danger, ND. I am the danger. A guy *s up his team sheet and gets penalised and you think that of me? No. I am the one who makes them trade a player to my team for a week despite it clearly going against the spirit of the league!

Do you know how much I contribute to this team? I mean, even if I told you, you still wouldn't believe it. Do you know what would happen if I suddenly decided to step down as captain? A qooty team big enough that it could be listed on the NASDAQ goes belly up. Disappears! It ceases to exist without me. No, you clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in. I am not in danger, ND. I am the danger. A guy ****s up his team sheet and gets penalised and you think that of me? No. I am the one who makes them trade a player to my team for a week despite it clearly going against the spirit of the league!

Rip in Captain

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you know how much I contribute to this team? I mean, even if I told you, you still wouldn't believe it. Do you know what would happen if I suddenly decided to step down as captain? A qooty team big enough that it could be listed on the NASDAQ goes belly up. Disappears! It ceases to exist without me. No, you clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in. I am not in danger, ND. I am the danger. A guy ****s up his team sheet and gets penalised and you think that of me? No. I am the one who makes them trade a player to my team for a week despite it clearly going against the spirit of the league!

I was nice enough not to put in the OP but after this I’ll say it.

Everyone knows The Filth Wizard is the real captain :p

This.

If anything this has allowed us to become even stronger, as Filthy gets to do what he does best and not worry about the tedious tasks of being captain.

He's definitely a better recruiter than Admin...

#amirite or #amirite

Remove this Banner Ad

Back