2018 Rolling All Australian Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll challenge that.

Hurn has been great and should be in the team. Not at the expense of Stewart however.
He's held an inexperienced defence together and would romp the B&F if it was done now.

They both play the same position, Hurn not only stops his man but provides passing that
few players in the league can do.
Hurn and Gaff would be leading our BF at the moment

Interesting comments in here with Seedsman & Smith. I won't get into the debate which is better because both are having an awesome start to the year and probably deserving. Personally I'd make the case both should be in at this point in time. A quick look at their stats shows they are pretty well on par too... Unfortunately the one stat I couldn't add is the one in which Seedsman leads the comp in(or was, not sure if it changed over this round) and a pretty important one - meters gained.
View attachment 493238

Seedsman - 637.7m
Smith - 473.3m

I'd give Seedsman the edge so far, but if we were picking an AA team, Smith would be my choice for the other wing. Both have had a cracking start to the year.

Interesting comments in here with Seedsman & Smith. I won't get into the debate which is better because both are having an awesome start to the year and probably deserving. Personally I'd make the case both should be in at this point in time. A quick look at their stats shows they are pretty well on par too... Unfortunately the one stat I couldn't add is the one in which Seedsman leads the comp in(or was, not sure if it changed over this round) and a pretty important one - meters gained.
View attachment 493238

Footywire has it. https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy...2=11&type=A&pid1=3515&pid2=3464&fid1=S&fid2=S

For those who can't be arsed to follow the link... Seedman 637m/game, Smith 473m/game.

Fyfe was great today with virtually no real impact on the contest. His team scored 33 points and lost by 77, Fyfe didnt do any damage.

superstar at marking and getting the ball but doesn't do any damage with it.
poor disposal and too many clangers

Just another casual 25 touches 7 marks & 3 goals by Hogan.

Now for a true CHF averages 21 touches, 6 MARKS & 2.5 goals a game.

AA CHF lock

Sent from my SM-P555 using Tapatalk

Candidates from Collingwood so far are

Grundy, a lock at this stage IMO.

Treloar-Pendles-Sidebottom, amongst a heap of in form onballers comp wide.

Degoey-Stephenson, nice goal averages for small forwards/onballers.

Howe, been outstanding again.

Grundy is NO lock..

Only a lock if they name 2 ruckman. Otherwise it is a coin toss between him and Gawn

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Grundy has him ATM mate.
Arguable. One is top three of the coaches award with a dominate display today. His name is nkt Grundy.

Hence why they are very close. Or should both be in

Fyfe was great today with virtually no real impact on the contest. His team scored 33 points and lost by 77, Fyfe didnt do any damage.

I honestly don't think people appreciate the gravity of one player having the type of impact that swings games.
It shouldn't be understated that there's thirty-five other players on the field at any one time.
Freo were non-competitive almost to a player, bar Fyfe.
Now granted Fyfe's disposal was meh today, but his output shouldn't necessarily be determined by the inadequacies of his teammates.

Yep, as the little Mexican girl says...
* what the Mexican says.

The Australian football commentators say ruckman no 1 Max Gawn.

I honestly don't think people appreciate the gravity of one player having the type of impact that swings games.
It shouldn't be understated that there's thirty-five other players on the field at any one time.
Freo were non-competitive almost to a player, bar Fyfe.
Now granted Fyfe's disposal was meh today, but his output shouldn't necessarily be determined by the inadequacies of his teammates.
Agree100%.

Fyfe is so good, he is underapperciated.

If Freo won mord games he would be unarguably no 1 in the league

De Goey and Stephenson? Really? This is a thread about potential AA players this year not talented kids who are going pretty well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back