AFL 2018 R9: Brisbane Lions v Hawthorn 3:20PM AEST Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Subline, Brisbane. I hope that they get enough to climb out of bottom 3. GC, carlton, saints all clearly worse sides.
I wouldn't say GC are definitely worse. They beat Brisbane a few weeks ago.

I wouldn't say GC are definitely worse. They beat Brisbane a few weeks ago.
I think Suns have serious issues off the field, so maybe as a whole (factoring in every performance) Lions have shown more stability and fight.

Arguably the better side in that loss to the Suns too. All it took then was a bit of belief in our abilities to win.

Where's all the Hawks posters? More in the Cats gameday thread than here :drunk:

Games over - have moved on and happily watching the tigers also cop a belting

It’s been one of those weekends

Anomalies happen, Brisbane have been more competitive this year imo.
Still. One side has three wins, the other two. I don't think there's much separating them but GC have been better IMO
I think Suns have serious issues off the field, so maybe as a whole (factoring in every performance) Lions have shown more stability and fight.

Arguably the better side in that loss to the Suns too. All it took then was a bit of belief in our abilities to win.
I haven't seen a lot of footy this year but I think GC have been better in a pretty tight race.

"Clarkson blames loss on 'trolls' in Bigfooty Gameday threads".

Alastair Clarkson has come out swinging post game against purported trolls in Hawthorn gameday threads. Clarkson stated, "Look its not fair that teams outside the teams actually playing are allowed to comment. This has put us and our supporters off our game and is unfairly impacting our playing group and performance. I have particular concern for the welfare of Cyril who through no fault of his own is injured and just ridiculed on a weekly basis". Alastair is looking to meet up with the 'Chief' of BF in order to prevent opposition supporters commenting in future Hawthorn gameday threads.

Last edited:
"Clarkson blames loss on 'trolls' on Bigfooty Gameday threads".

Alastair Clarkson has come out swinging post game against purported trolls in Hawthorn gameday threads. Clarkson stated, "Look its not fair that teams outside the teams actually playing are allowed to comment. This has put us and our supporters off our game and is unfairly impacting our playing group and performance. I have particular concern for the welfare of Cyril who through no fault of his own is injured and just ridiculed on a weekly basis". Alastair is looking to meet up with the 'Chief' of BF in order to prevent opposition supporters commenting in future Hawthorn gameday threads.

Kudos to you for so much effort
Bizzare but kudos nonetheless

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks Brisvegas for finishing my birthday weekend with a bang. My Swannies and Penrith Panthers winning made the cake, this was the icing on the cake :)

Hawthorn are just been kissed on their d****.

We knew they can kick goals after the siren from open play. Now apparently if their opponents kick a goal (through the middle of the sticks), it is only a point.

Hawthorn are just been kissed on their d****.

We knew they can kick goals after the siren from open play. Now apparently if their opponents kick a goal (through the middle of the sticks), it is only a point.

Wow you are really late to the party. Hang around though the next round starts soon

Don't get many losing opposition teams at the Gabba last few years but the Hawks fans were great tonight, didn't see a sore loser in the bunch. Class.
Yep, agree they were good, although speaking from experience it is easy to be gracious so soon after a 3peat, not so much 10-15 years later.:'( ;)

Don't get many losing opposition teams at the Gabba last few years but the Hawks fans were great tonight, didn't see a sore loser in the bunch. Class.

Well done on the win.....Brisbane dominated us pretty much from midway through the first qtr

I think most Hawthorn supporters are realistic about where our list sits.

Plenty to be optimistic about the Lions list.....if you can hang onto your young kids.
Coach has them going in the right direction.
Happy for Hodgey and ****.....much rather the Lions get a run at it that the Swine or milk drinkers.

Yeah I don't do flagellation. Not my thing. But why you deflecting?

I think you mean you don't do self-flagellation. You disappear when Hawthorn are winning and Essendon are losing, only to reappear with whip in hand when the opposite situation arises. I'd take your Hawthorn obsession more seriously, if you showed up to discuss us when we are winning games, but you rarely show your face when that is happening. One way poster of the highest order.

Passive accumulator? Double the clearances of any other player on the ground.

We sent Robbo to him but we didn’t spend the whole game on him. Once we’d got our game plan in order, it was more important keeping someone like Sicily quiet as Mitchell’s possessions weren’t having an impact due to our pressure and ability to stop your outside ball work.

He’s a gun player though and is certainly more than just some accumulator.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back