2018 Rolling All Australian Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone talking about Jacobs... yeo worked him over and was hurting the other way

That’s what makes AA - not just quelling

Mind you - wouldn’t have yeo in it yet

Martin had 26 disposals and 8 clearances, and you call that tagging?

Get back to me when you find someone that retires him to the forward pocket for the match.

Darling has been in the best 3 players on the ground I would say atleast 6 of the 9 games we've played. I would suspect he would be lucky to have polled 5 brownlow votes so far, will be fascinating to see
I was thinking the same thing whilst watching today's game.

3 votes go to Darling clearly, 2 and 1 to Yeo and McGovern in either order.

But that would exclude pure midfielders, so the umpires won't see it that way.

Thoughts on NN? very influential but I don't think he plays enough game time

He's arguably the most impactful and influential player in the game this year on a per minute basis.

I think missing a game, and averaging just 57.88% gametime across the year so far, puts him back behind a few right now though.

Get back to me when you find someone that retires him to the forward pocket for the match.

I don’t call it tagging - I call it beating him for influence in the second half

Hutch went to Martin in the first

I like how you ignore yeo’s stats as well, you know because well Jacobs cant do that ...

He's arguably the most impactful and influential player in the game this year on a per minute basis.

I think missing a game, and averaging just 57.88% gametime across the year so far, puts him back behind a few right now though.

Except that this doesn't matter. We'd love it if he could play at the same level for 88.3459% game time but can't, so he doesn't.

11 CP, 5 clearances, 7 tackles and 30 hit outs today. Had a big impact playing a bit over half a game. Gun.

I don’t call it tagging - I call it beating him for influence in the second half

Hutch went to Martin in the first

I like how you ignore yeo’s stats as well, you know because well Jacobs cant do that ...

Yeo didn't really even tag Martin, he ran off him once WCE got the ball rolling forward, and Dusty is not exactly a defensive running machine.

However, I do commend you on turning in to a Richmond supporter in the space of two hours.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s ok. No one said he’s not allowed to tackle. Just tackle properly, and don’t pile drive blokes noggins into the turf. Surely that’s not too much to ask?
Don't think we need to derail this thread. Let's try talk about how many west coast players are in the current all Australian side :)

Would hate to be an AA selector this year, there’s about 4 blokes who are almost locked away and everything else is up for grabs

Even guys who 4 rounds ago we thought were guaranteed now... aren’t.

Richmond fans must be all at sea. Their main go-to line for having 11 Richmond defenders in the AA side was "best defensive side in the comp" or "fewest points against in the comp". They went from fewest conceded to 5th fewest conceded in one round.

Well, Rance has engaged in more contested defensive one-on-ones than any other player this year, and ranks top ten in the league in win/loss percentage in those contests, so I think he does more than alright.

You’re trusting Champion Data. They make a lot of mistakes and they have no QA process.

Being the biased supporter I am I'd have Gawn as ruck and Hogan as CHF in there at the moment. Oliver close but there are so many good midfielders around I think he is edged out
Hogan should be in the team but Darling is the CHF

Clearly didn't watch the game, Martin had next to no impact and instead of sacrificing a player to make that happen, Yeo was 2nd best on ground behind only a freakish Darling performance. Was lucky not to give away even more HTBs, probably saved by dimmas sook to the media last week.

Thoughts on NN? very influential but I don't think he plays enough game time
Probably right, in career best form IMO just not playing enough game time. If you extrapolated his game time to 75% I don't think you could argue otherwise, but we will just have to see if they up his game time in the 2nd half of the season. I'll back him in to go AA next year assuming he stays fit.

Averaging 14.7 player ratings points a game to Grundy's 19.2, and Gawn's 16.5, quite incredible considering he's playing 50% less game time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back