Phantom Draft Adzy's 2018 Phantom

Remove this Banner Ad

The crows will be getting the dogs pick to get Rankine in exchange for Mitch and another player and pay most of his salary, for them (dogs) to grab his brother as a restricted free agent. People dont realize how much money the dogs have got to spend, boyds remaining contract is less now as it was front loaded. That's my mail of what they are thinking, but comes from somebody in the know who gets it wrong sometimes.
Wouldn't mind that, depending on the quality of the 'other player', assume you weren't told who it is?

Wouldn't mind that, depending on the quality of the 'other player', assume you weren't told who it is?
Was told a couple, they want Eddie but they think he wouldn't go to the dogs, the other is Hartigan. Same person who told me after Josh resigned with the lions that he will be with the dogs next year and same one told me Boyd was courted by the Dogs way before it was declared.

Was told a couple, they want Eddie but they think he wouldn't go to the dogs, the other is Hartigan. Same person who told me after Josh resigned with the lions that he will be with the dogs next year and same one told me Boyd was courted by the Dogs way before it was declared.
I would not be averse to that but if the crows lose hartigan they really have only 1 key defender in talia with keath always injured and still unknown. It is not a position the crows have great depth in. But you can have mckay or atkins

Yeah look I hope it isn’t that, was thinking it would be a reserves player. We have little depth in KPDs, as Keath isn’t coming on brilliantly this year and we seem to really want to use Himmelberg as a KPF

St Kilda need to worry about improving their midfield and adding speed around the ground before we worry about about another key forward, despite what we all think of McCartin.

Yes, we often have more inside 50's then other sides, but our entries are pure s**t week in week out.

The emergence of Josh Battle makes me think even more so we will go for a midfielder.

I would not be averse to that but if the crows lose hartigan they really have only 1 key defender in talia with keath always injured and still unknown. It is not a position the crows have great depth in. But you can have mckay or atkins
McGovern + Hartigan to the Dogs for Pick 5 + something else would be required. Maybe their third coming back.

McGovern + Hartigan to the Dogs for Pick 5 + something else would be required. Maybe their third coming back.

* me that is a huge risk for the dogs

On one hand McGovern, while showing some very nice traits averages 1.5 goals a game and has done nothing but be a walk on cameo performance in a strong structured side with strong forward collection.

He is coming on 24yrs old and has always been well built so can not really blame low output on development.

On the other hand dogs need forwards. He is ready made unlike the king twins. He has some very good traits. While on the shorter side he could work well with another taller forward.

If Jeremy is 100% committed to go to dogs if mitch goes than it makes sense. Add bookends to the dogs and target mids with later picks.

If Jeremy isn’t committed then no way would I do that if I was the dogs. Draft Ben king, hately or smith all are perfect for the dogs.

**** me that is a huge risk for the dogs

On one hand McGovern, while showing some very nice traits averages 1.5 goals a game and has done nothing but be a walk on cameo performance in a strong structured side with strong forward collection.

He is coming on 24yrs old and has always been well built so can not really blame low output on development.

On the other hand dogs need forwards. He is ready made unlike the king twins. He has some very good traits. While on the shorter side he could work well with another taller forward.

If Jeremy is 100% committed to go to dogs if mitch goes than it makes sense. Add bookends to the dogs and target mids with later picks.

If Jeremy isn’t committed then no way would I do that if I was the dogs. Draft Ben king, hately or smith all are perfect for the dogs.
Dogs already have a stacked midfield, why would they take Hately or Smith with their 1st?

Dogs already have a stacked midfield, why would they take Hately or Smith with their 1st?
Stacked midfield? Not really. Macrae, Bont, McLean our only really strong performers this year in the middle. Definitely want a top 5 mid from this draft. Smith especially he's right about being perfect for us, we could use his skills.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If I’m gc I take both king boys or none at all.

I mean if they are miles ahead of another prospect then grab them, but if it’s close take hately or whoever.
The idea of drafting both King boys has many floated many times by opposition supporters on the GC board many times. GC fans keep shooting it down.

I did watch the game. Didn’t you take three midfielders in the top ten in 2016 though? And then used pick two on Weller last year.

I just don’t get who you intend to kick it to when Lynch goes.
2mp, Crossley,Sam Day, all got AFL body, King twins will get kill by AFL backmen with their light frame , do you play Battle in his first year much ?

2mp, Crossley,Sam Day, all got AFL body, King twins will get kill by AFL backmen with their light frame , do you play Battle in his first year much ?
Just the one game, but he was also still at school last year.

I would have thought you’d trade with an eye on the next ten years, not just 2019.

Surprised to see 2M Peter in the NEAFL, what is going on there?

Just the one game, but he was also still at school last year.

I would have thought you’d trade with an eye on the next ten years, not just 2019.

Surprised to see 2M Peter in the NEAFL, what is going on there?
There will be KPP in 2019 draft also if thinking about 10 years plan , as for 2mp, he had no pre season due to injuries.
Fix the now in rebuild , and think about the next ten years later.

Maybe a few years ago but right now all we have on our list are defenders and too many of those are tall defenders. We gave up our midfield depth (Hrovat and Stevens) and drafted and traded for basically nothing but talls and defenders.

Since 2015 we have had 5 traded in/FA, 3 have been KPP and the other 2 have been used in defence.
We took 7 players overall in the national and rookie draft in 2015, 3 where defenders, 2 KPP, 1 ruck, 1 IM.
We took 6 players overall in the national and rookie drafts in 2016, 1 ruck, 2 Forwards, 2 KPP and rookied on of our delisted defenders
We took 5 players overall in the national and rookie drafts in 2017, 1 KPP, 1 defender, a IM, a forward and we rookied another of our delisted defenders

So 23 list changes, 2 have been mids, 2 rucks, 3 forwards, 8 have been KPP (6 of those have been played as key defenders), 8 defenders.

Just over 60% of our drafted/traded in players have been defenders over the last 3 years and only 2 have been mids (It is debatable if Dunkley can be classed a mid when we have played him mostly as a marking forward and Porter was taken with pick 74) so it isn't surprising that right now our midfield would be beaten soundly by most teams above us on the ladder.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back