Preview Changes vs WCE

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely JKH and Pedo are the two remaining to make way (allowing Kent in).

Bloody hell, he’s played 15 games total and he was a twig when we drafted him. He’s definitely bigger but he isn’t Hogan 2.0 size wise, because Hoges was a freak.

He’s got good overhead presence and can play a pressure game.

We all know most key forwards don’t hit their straps til 22-24. Not everyone is Franklin.

At the same age, Brown hadn’t been drafted yet. Lynch played 8 games in a s**t GC side and as the #1 only kicked a goal per game. JPK similar to Lynch.

There’s a lot of impatience re: Weid relative to where he actually is in his development.

Its the vibe, its mabo, its... the vibe.

My spiddy senses have rarely been wrong in the past, sure there might have been the odd exception but hardly any, I'm positive you identify who will make it and who won't from early on in a players career, even with KPP. Weid hasn't shown me anything to suggest he will.

(actually i lie, his debut showed SOME promise with some decent grabs, but thats all I've got, since then, nada)

Im not asking for him to take a game apart, I'm asking for a 15-30 minute period where he actually gives you a glimpse into the future of bigger things to come. Every player who makes it has a quarter like that a some stage inside his first 20 or so games, hell, even some that dont do.... Its time for Weid to show it now, if not, i highly doubt he will ever be a long term player, at least at this club.

In: Melks, Hibberd, Kent, Weid
Out: Hogan, Hunt, Garlett, Pedo

I think you cant have pedo and weid in the same team, and if im looking at who i want in the forward 50, JKH who has improved dramatically this year, I'll take his 110% effort, every minute, over garlett's magic. And JKH has fixed up a lot of his disposal issues, which has been great to see. If he could give the same training to frost, frost will end up AA :)!

I honestly don’t see why JKH would be dropped? If anyone should be dropped for Kent it’s Garlett. Garlett is a flat out liability.

I think some people are hoping he'll have one of his "one good game out of five or six" weeks. I'd rather JKH keep his spot.

Reverse jinx

Believe it's called a Brayshaw.

Bloody hell, he’s played 15 games total and he was a twig when we drafted him. He’s definitely bigger but he isn’t Hogan 2.0 size wise, because Hoges was a freak.

He’s got good overhead presence and can play a pressure game.

We all know most key forwards don’t hit their straps til 22-24. Not everyone is Franklin.

At the same age, Brown hadn’t been drafted yet. Lynch played 8 games in a s**t GC side and as the #1 only kicked a goal per game. JPK similar to Lynch.

There’s a lot of impatience re: Weid relative to where he actually is in his development.

If he had been drafted at pick 45 you n the board would be far more critical of him

Conor Nash the former Irish hurler who played for the hawks literally showed the exact same forward pressure at KPP size.

Weid took a cpl of uncontested marks on debut an then tackled well against Adelaide once.... That's it.

I honestly don’t see why JKH would be dropped? If anyone should be dropped for Kent it’s Garlett. Garlett is a flat out liability.
Garlett was disappointing against Sydney, but since returning from the VFL he’s been alright. I reckon Spargo has been a bit down lately, I’d give him
a break and bring in Kent.

Believe it's called a Brayshaw.

If he had been drafted at pick 45 you n the board would be far more critical of him

Conor Nash the former Irish hurler who played for the hawks literally showed the exact same forward pressure at KPP size.

Weid took a cpl of uncontested marks on debut an then tackled well against Adelaide once.... That's it.
Uhh no I wouldn’t. Think I’m the only one on the board saying ‘keep King as depth’.

We need Sammy to come good but this isn’t Jack Watts last year problematic. We are marveling at what Clarry is doing having just turned 21. That is the exception- far more players like Weid around, especially at KPP size.

Uhh no I wouldn’t. Think I’m the only one on the board saying ‘keep King as depth’.

We need Sammy to come good but this isn’t Jack Watts last year problematic. We are marveling at what Clarry is doing having just turned 21. That is the exception- far more players like Weid around, especially at KPP size.

Yeah and far more of them end up being s**t.

Clarry is a poor comparison, you Lever, Omac, Harmes, Salem, Hogan etc. Players of all shapes and sizes who were all far better at the same age. Only bloke who wasn't was Gawn who had what 2 knee recos as a kid?

Filipovic and King are probably wasted list spots, Sinclair/Nankervis/Jacobs/Martin/Smith/ceglar/McEvoy/Ryder/Hickey

All starting rucks traded in and quite cheap most of them.

This isn't the 80s where an 18 year old will end up in hospital playing on a gorilla. Its zone defence. You should be able to show something more than tackling ability at the end of your 3rd season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah and far more of them end up being s**t.

Clarry is a poor comparison, you Lever, Omac, Harmes, Salem, Hogan etc. Players of all shapes and sizes who were all far better at the same age. Only bloke who wasn't was Gawn who had what 2 knee recos as a kid?

Filipovic and King are probably wasted list spots, Sinclair/Nankervis/Jacobs/Martin/Smith/ceglar/McEvoy/Ryder/Hickey

All starting rucks traded in and quite cheap most of them.

This isn't the 80s where an 18 year old will end up in hospital playing on a gorilla. Its zone defence. You should be able to show something more than tackling ability at the end of your 3rd season.
He’d be 3rd in the VFL goakicking if he had played every game. Going at a clip of 2.5 a game, and he’s chopped between the seniors and Casey.

2.5 a game at VFL level is as good asHogan’s rate during his VFL year where we all lost our collective s**t at how good he was. Hogan kicked 39 in 15, Weid would kick 37-38 if he played 15 and maintained.

He’d be 3rd in the VFL goakicking if he had played every game. Going at a clip of 2.5 a game, and he’s chopped between the seniors and Casey.

2.5 a game at VFL level is as good asHogan’s rate during his VFL year where we all lost our collective s**t at how good he was. Hogan kicked 39 in 15, Weid would kick 37-38 if he played 15 and maintained.

Matt Jones/Dean Terlich /Jay Kennedy Harris/ James Magner etc were all VFL stars aswell.

Hogan was also 17, a full 4 years younger. Had he been playing VFL at 21 he would kick 100 in a VFL season.

Casey has also been belting sides, how many goals has he kicked against franga? Probably 10 or so which skews his average again.

Hopefully with a little more responsibility he can show more than previous but there is no evidence to suggest he will.

Even before Hogans injury I thought we were done, nothing changes. I hope we win but I won't be watching. Another waste of a season unfortunately, even if we make the finals let's be honest, we don't really deserve to be there. I just hope we make some positive changes to our game plan and personnel over the off season, beginning with the captain - sorry Jones but you are cooked. Also if Goodwin doesn't get us finals next year with our talent , he's done, no more excuses.

Weid,

I think he'll come good - and I rarely think that. I have a feeling he would have a really high ceiling given his physical attributes (am i making this up?). He pressures, he flies for marks, I just reckon its been neigh on impossible for him to get into a groove at AFL level given the other people we have forward he hasn't been able to find space, and he needs a bigger tank

Plus I reckon the rule changes will favor dudes like him.

Normally I am pessimistic about our young talent (or an optimist with MFC experience) but for some reason I think this dude will come good. Especially if we go through him a bit more.

Reckon we will get to see him a fair bit over the next 18 months and he will break out given the newest foot amputation at the MFC

Haven't seen much more than the odd flash of talent from Weid during games. With the attributes he has, he could be a decent Koschitzke-type pack busting forward, but at the moment we're just hoping he comes good. After one game, you knew Clarry was going to be good. Ditto Fritsch and Spargo after a handful. After a couple of games from the Toump, you could see he was too frightened to play AFL football. After a handful of games every year, still waiting for Weid to do something that'll have everyone sit up and take notice. Footywire says he's up near 100 kgs and next season he'll have had three full years in the system... the "not physically ready" excuses need to stop there.

Haven't seen much more than the odd flash of talent from Weid during games. With the attributes he has, he could be a decent Koschitzke-type pack busting forward, but at the moment we're just hoping he comes good. After one game, you knew Clarry was going to be good. Ditto Fritsch and Spargo after a handful. After a couple of games from the Toump, you could see he was too frightened to play AFL football. After a handful of games every year, still waiting for Weid to do something that'll have everyone sit up and take notice. Footywire says he's up near 100 kgs and next season he'll have had three full years in the system... the "not physically ready" excuses need to stop there.

Agree. And yet, I am hopeful.

44dyXEUSMtrr-xd2JoBFUGZYDCgUC_9_6ezBC-uq2b8.jpg

Matt Jones/Dean Terlich /Jay Kennedy Harris/ James Magner etc were all VFL stars aswell.

Hogan was also 17, a full 4 years younger. Had he been playing VFL at 21 he would kick 100 in a VFL season.

Casey has also been belting sides, how many goals has he kicked against franga? Probably 10 or so which skews his average again.

Hopefully with a little more responsibility he can show more than previous but there is no evidence to suggest he will.
Again, he’s done as much as Josh Kennedy and Tom Lynch and more than Ben Brown at the same age.

Even if Weidemann does come on to an extent, who are we dropping for him? You can’t play Hogan, McDonald and Weidemann in the same forward line. My bet is that Hogan or Weidemann won’t be at Melbourne in 2020.

Has Weidemann ever been tried in defence? If not, perhaps during pre-season/JLT we could trial him there. It's a long shot, but he could do a Sicily.

Has Weidemann ever been tried in defence? If not, perhaps during pre-season/JLT we could trial him there. It's a long shot, but he could do a Sicily.
Id compare him to Darcy Moore, not Sicily. Could play a role down back yeah I thought his a while ago

Again, he’s done as much as Josh Kennedy and Tom Lynch and more than Ben Brown at the same age.

May aswell say that JKH will become Stevie J and ANB will become Ablett because those 2 had slow starts to their careers aswell.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back