Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
Both are absolute A Graders now. Both are amazing over head marks

I'd wager that Elliot is actually a better kick on both feet

Have at it :)

Yeah Fyfe easy. That said Yeo is in his first season as a midfielder and is being talked up finishing high up in the draft. Things could change in the next 5 years tho with Fyfe's injury issues.

Yeo was robbed of b2b AA playing in his first full season as a mid. Just racked up 36 touches, with 24 contested, 6 marks, 9 tackles, 5 clearances in the QF. Absolute game changer and always seems to kick clutch 50 metre goals at crucial times. Fyfe's best is currently better than Yeo's but being 2 years younger and only just starting to play full time midfield means that he has new levels to go to yet. Will be interesting to revisit this one in a year or 2.

I remember a poll a couple of years ago on this board between Yeo and Bontempelli with similarly one sided voting and a lot of comments laughing at the comparison but Yeo has come a long way and I think the result might be reversed these days.

Yeo was robbed of b2b AA playing in his first full season as a mid. Just racked up 36 touches, with 24 contested, 6 marks, 9 tackles, 5 clearances in the QF. Absolute game changer and always seems to kick clutch 50 metre goals at crucial times. Fyfe's best is currently better than Yeo's but being 2 years younger and only just starting to play full time midfield means that he has new levels to go to yet. Will be interesting to revisit this one in a year or 2.

I remember a poll a couple of years ago on this board between Yeo and Bontempelli with similarly one sided voting and a lot of comments laughing at the comparison but Yeo has come a long way and I think the result might be reversed these days.
Cool...

Fyfe has displayed a level higher than Yeo has ever, IMO Yeo will not reach Fyfes best.

If both are fit next year I would say Fyfe will outperform Yeo.

I'd say 99% of neutrals would agree with me.

Cool...

Fyfe has displayed a level higher than Yeo has ever, IMO Yeo will not reach Fyfes best.

If both are fit next year I would say Fyfe will outperform Yeo.

I'd say 99% of neutrals would agree with me.
Cool...

I directly acknowledged that Fyfe's best is better than Yeo's, thanks for responding to my comment and repeating me though? :think:

Odds are Yeo won't reach Fyfe's peak and will probably outperform him next year if fit, but like I said Yeo has a few levels to go yet as he is still young and very inexperienced as far as playing in the midfield goes, and despite that he should've made B22 as a mid in his first year playing there.

I'd be surprised if the majority disagreed with you, but don't write Yeo off yet. Will be one of the premier midfielders in the competition next year IMO.

Cool...

I directly acknowledged that Fyfe's best is better than Yeo's, thanks for responding to my comment and repeating me though? :think:

Odds are Yeo won't reach Fyfe's peak and will probably outperform him next year if fit, but like I said Yeo has a few levels to go yet as he is still young and very inexperienced as far as playing in the midfield goes, and despite that he should've made B22 as a mid in his first year playing there.

I'd be surprised if the majority disagreed with you, but don't write Yeo off yet. Will be one of the premier midfielders in the competition next year IMO.
He's already gun but it is a silly comparison atm.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just racked up 36 touches, with 24 contested, 6 marks, 9 tackles, 5 clearances in the QF

So one okay final game to date? Why'd you leave out the 50% DE from 36? That's terrible.

Fyfe's had better finals games, in fact he was more effective and influential with a broken leg against a fully fit Hawthorn side that actually represented a B22. He had slightly lower numbers sure but got more clearances. Went at 75% DE BTW.

Absolute game changer and always seems to kick clutch 50 metre goals at crucial times.

He can kick them but not as often as you seem to think. I see him selfishly have a ping all the time and it gets turned over or misses by a mile. 13.15 BTW

Lol what reversed? Dreaming. "These days" - I assume you mean this season and at most the last two season going off that time frame you threw out, only appropriate measure to compare them. Bontempelli was scraping through most of this year and his last month was still massive and a reminder to the competition of his capabilities. I wouldn't be surprised if on top of scraping through the season and producing some great football he was only playing at 60%. Bontempelli should be the one mentioned in the title alongside Fyfe actually, not Yeo. He actually has real potential to be better. 39 Brownlow votes in the last two counts compared to Yeo's 7. Will get another 8-10 this year and his total standing will still be double despite playing at 60% in 2018 and playing less games overall in a team with less wins (54-34) BTW.

But in all honesty, I think Yeo is decent just needs to figure out how to fit his chin on his head and stop thinking he can finish like Isaac Smith.

Yeo had a better 2017 & 2018(Fyfe only played 15 games). Wouldn't be crazy to suggest from this point forward Yeo has a better career given Fyfe's body and the massive load he has to carry at Fremantle,especially if someone like Neale ends up going.

Will Yeo ever go back to back MVP and be the best player in the comp for a 2-3 year period? fat chance, but Fyfe isn't that player anymore either.

Fyfe is comfortably a better play when fit however I wouldn't be too shocked if Yeo played more games of quality footy than Fyfe for the remainder of their respective careers. Fyfe is really injury prone. Yeo's a fine player in his own right.

Fyfes Career way ahead to date but Yeo has had the better last 2 years and has chopped Fyfe up the last few times they have matched up on each other.

Fyfe is a contested beast best in the league imo but he is a bit of a ball butcher and dosnt hurt you with his disposals often kicks to his team mates disadvantage. Yeo is alot more damaging and creative when attacking also alot better defensively having spent time down back. Think Yeo will play the better footy going fwd but may not match Fyfes career as he was the clear best mid in the comp for about 2 years

Fyfes Career way ahead to date but Yeo has had the better last 2 years and has chopped Fyfe up the last few times they have matched up on each other.

Fyfe is a contested beast best in the league imo but he is a bit of a ball butcher and dosnt hurt you with his disposals often kicks to his team mates disadvantage. Yeo is alot more damaging and creative when attacking also alot better defensively having spent time down back. Think Yeo will play the better footy going fwd but may not match Fyfes career as he was the clear best mid in the comp for about 2 years
well put mate

Fyfe is comfortably a better play when fit however I wouldn't be too shocked if Yeo played more games of quality footy than Fyfe for the remainder of their respective careers. Fyfe is really injury prone. Yeo's a fine player in his own right.

Fyfe proved how good he is in last nights Brownlow count. Not underestimating Yeos effort.

Oookay, so who is the better player again???

Let me get this straight. He is ball 'butcherer' that doesnt hurt you with his disposals and yet he is rated as one of the best in the game. Tell me everyone isnt getting sucked in because he can take a nice mark and is very pretty with nice hair?

This is a 14 year old's thread if ever I've seen one, carry on children...

Back