Nathan Fyfe v Elliot Yeo

Nathan Fyfe or Elliot Yeo

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

i think your avatar says it all

one day he might be able to beat Yeo head to head...should be pretty easy considering Fyfe 'shits on him'
hasn't happened yet but maybe one day

Are you stupid mate?

One of those guys has two Brownlow Medals and is universally regarded as one of the top two or three players in the game and has been for the best part of the last decade.

The other is Elliot Yeo.

The numbers say it all.

I mean, it's not even close.

Fyfe shits on the other guy.

more marks, more tackles, higher disposal efficiency, more 1%, less clangers

yes less disposals but this is hardly surprising as Yeo has only moved into the midfield in the last couple of years

your stats hardly supports your argument
Brownlows lol..not hard to stand out in that freo team

yeo gives fluff another bath

easy to write off because it's a preseason scratchie but the fact it happens over and over again is pretty hard to ignore

i dont think there is much comparison, yeo plays on fyfe to stop him

its like saying crowley was a better player than stevie J because he outperformed him most times they played on each other

to be fair to yeo, he is one of the only players that can get the better of fyfe head to head but i suspect one day fyfe will really get hold of him. all yeo can do is break even or be slightly better than fyfe -

its not like yeo is winning glendinning medals left right and centre.

Good player but why? He's essentially a poor mans Selwood and faux tough guy

Sam Mitchell was the Pirlo of the AFL.

Now, I don't expect you to know who Pirlo is but both understood tempo in their respective sports better than any of their peers.

Selwood is a top player, tough as they come and a great leader. Mitchell was short, fat and slow. As players, they were nothing alike. But Hawthorn won 4 flags off the back of Sam Mitchell actually understanding the game better than any player who has ever come before him.

Mitchell was a genius. Not as physically gifted as most regarding his (lack of) athletic ability. But he was a rocket scientist in terms of mapping a game out and understanding all of the variables around him. And he had to be, given his physical limitations.

Mitchell was the architect of the greatest football dynasty of the AFL era. That puts him above Selwood, as great as Selwood is.

Last edited:
Sam Mitchell was the Pirlo of the AFL.

Now, I don't expect you to know who Pirlo is but both understood tempo in their respective sports better than any of their peers.

Selwood is a top player, tough as they come and a great leader. Mitchell was short, fat and slow. As players, they were nothing alike. But Hawthorn won 4 flags off the back of Sam Mitchell actually understanding the game better than any player who has ever come before him.

Mitchell was a genius. Not as physically gifted as most regarding his (lack of) athletic ability. But he was a rocket scientist in terms of mapping a game out and understanding all of the variables around him. And he had to be, given his physical limitations.

Mitchell was the architect of the greatest football dynasty of the AFL era. That puts him above Selwood, as great as Selwood is.

Excellent post. There is no denying that Selwood is a great player, an inspirational leader - and I would have loved him at the Dees. The thing is though, we already have a bunch of hard-nosed on ballers (not of the calibre of Selwood, but still). Mitchell on the other hand was a straight up footy genius (as you've mentioned). I've rarely seen a player of his class in my time watching footy. He was like an ambidextrous Simon Black who got more of the footy.

As decorated a player as he is, I actually think he deserved MORE accolades. The fact he only has 3 AA and a Brownlow because "Jab" Watson's was rescinded, is an absolute travesty.

EDIT: That'd actually make a decent poll option, if it hasn't been done already: Sam Mitchell vs. Joel Selwood

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back