CM9000

BigFooty Optimist
Aug 19, 2016
Perth, WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle
In the worst day of the year for me as Mark LeCras' sponsor, he has announced his retirement today.

A true champion of both West Coast and our game, he is the only small forward, and only the second player still active (apart from Lance Franklin) in more then a decade, to have kicked more then 11 goals in a single game.

Enjoy retirement LeGod.

Watched the game he kicked 12 and since then always kept an eye on him.

Was just one of those games when everything seemed to go his way.

220 games averaging over 2 goals a game over his career as a small forward is impressive.

200+ games
400+ goals
3rd all time for goals at West Coast
4 Seasons of 40+ goals including 58 and 63 in back to back seasons

Top 100 all time in the AFL for goals
2 GPG average over his career

Pretty good CV for a forward, excellent CV for a Small/Medium forward depending on how you view him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldnt go so far as to call him a champion. That would denigrate the status of the real champions of the game.

Damn good fwd pkt though. At least as good as Phillip Matera.

Got a flag on the way out. Perfect.

Good luck to him in whatever he chooses to do next.

He’s a Champion, Champ.

west coast board
Nah piss off.
200+ games 400+goals an all Australian and always been in the top handful of small forwards since 08/09 and holds the record for most goals kicked at docklands

Deserves his kudo's and more in an excellent career. Has been consistently a good player and coming back from the year before with commentators telling him to retire to come out, have a good year and finishing up with a premiership medal is a good story

Just consistently under appreciated most his career.

And i ******* hate west coast.

Very watchable player. What a way to go out, with a flag and on his own terms.

Not sure it was his own terms, timing suggests he was a chance to get a list spot next year. Probably a casualty of the Kelly deal not getting done, Eagles will now have a number of draftees.

Still, can’t argue with winning a flag in your last game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back