The 2019 Jub Jub Memorial Supercars thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I remember seeing the early photos thinking it looked more like the previous Falcon than a Mustang.
If it wasn't for the horse on the grill, you wouldn't know it was a mustang

You guys are blind, they clearly look like a Mustang, just a midget version.

Bit disappointed that Supercars Australia didn't seem to realise that a 2 door coupe was a possibility though. Particularly after what the Commodore guys had to do to the bodywork to make it kinda similar.

You guys are blind, they clearly look like a Mustang, just a midget version.

Bit disappointed that Supercars Australia didn't seem to realise that a 2 door coupe was a possibility though. Particularly after what the Commodore guys had to do to the bodywork to make it kinda similar.

come-on-bro-5be79e.jpg

The Mustang is the Supercar version of this.

View attachment 620091

I'd hate to see what they'd do to the Camaro....

tenor.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I felt sorry for him at Bathurst. I’m the same in that I struggle to sleep when I’m nervous. However, Lowndesy winning Bathurst was one of the happiest days of my life besides today.

I was sad for him more in the sense that i knew how busy he was that week leading in , i didn't see anyone BUT him do media.
That said , to not drink anything in the car is sheer arrogance , i don't care HOW good a driver you are.

And i was as happy as anyone for Lowndsey , great to see another legend added to the upper echelon of Australian motorsport which is something we'll most likely see less of in this current era.

Come to think of it there's no one i really dislike , back in the day Holden vs Ford was srs bsns but it's dead now.
You were either a Holden family or a Ford family back then but now every campaigner drives Toyotas and Nissans.

Back then you could actually rock up to school on the monday after Bathurst and say " * YEAH HOLDENNNNN "

im assuming something like this

View attachment 620182
Unlikely, itll look similar to the Mustang due to having to fit the roll cage in.

If Ford were allowed to fit the chassis around a Mustang shell it wouldn't be a problem. The Camaro will face similar if not worse issues.

Seems like all the teams are struggling with the change in springs for this season, more so the actual cars.

Unlikely, itll look similar to the Mustang due to having to fit the roll cage in.

If Ford were allowed to fit the chassis around a Mustang shell it wouldn't be a problem. The Camaro will face similar if not worse issues.

Seems like all the teams are struggling with the change in springs for this season, more so the actual cars.

Walkinshaw said they are working on it, but maybe having a little trouble, stuck with it until atleast 2022

"Walkinshaw says there are hurdles to homologating the Camaro as a Supercar, with attention being placed on how the low roof-line fits over the control chassis."

Yep and that's the stupid thing about it all. If you want to encourage a 2 door coupe to enter then you have to be serious about it as a category.

I get the control chassis idea, it just doesnt allow for changes in bodywork.

need to have a control chassis for 2 doors and 4 doors
Ideally that would happen. I actually hope Walkinshaw and Story push for it.

I mean the more open the regs are the more manufacturers and bigger entities will want to join.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back