The 2019 Jub Jub Memorial Supercars thread

Remove this Banner Ad

40 degrees next Friday, hope the cool suits are packed.

40 degrees next Friday, hope the cool suits are packed.

40 in the shade...50 in the open...60 on the track...80 in the car.
Glad I'm watching it on TV with the AC on.

So will they consider a hot weather policy such as a red flag at the halfway point so the drivers can take ice baths and fluid replenishment then restart the race?

40 in the shade...50 in the open...60 on the track...80 in the car.
Glad I'm watching it on TV with the AC on.

So will they consider a hot weather policy such as a red flag at the halfway point so the drivers can take ice baths and fluid replenishment then restart the race?
Race 1 is starting about 4.20 I think, when the day will be at its worst. I feel for the support category guys who may not quite be as well equipped

With older touring cars, I can understand taking off the air con and demanding the driver to be able to deal with the uncomfortable conditions. Taking out the air con saves weight. But with these spec cars, you think you could demand a air con into the regs and have a rule saying it has to be working during the races?

40 degrees on race day too...... ****

Thank **** for the shaded stands, mine is one of the more covered ones too.

problem is it will be hot all week so no chance to cool down and being 26 degrees overnight, it will be hot early

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thank **** for the shaded stands, mine is one of the more covered ones too.
Yeah my bro said he's jagged a spot on the inside of T9 , probably couldn't find a shadier spot there.

BOM just mentioned on radio a cooler change could keep that temp down, just depends when it comes in.

I can't find the interview anywhere, otherwise I'd link it. But James Courtney was interviewed by Andy Maher on SEN today. The biggest point of discussion was the heat the guys have to deal with this weekend. 60-70 degrees more than the ambient temperature outside.

For a guy who isn't into racing like Maher, his was a bit disbelieving of it and how it could be allowed from a personal health and safety point of view? I think he's kind of got a point? James was pretty casual about it.

SEN upload everything interview of their except Courtney!

I can't find the interview anywhere, otherwise I'd link it. But James Courtney was interviewed by Andy Maher on SEN today. The biggest point of discussion was the heat the guys have to deal with this weekend. 60-70 degrees more than the ambient temperature outside.

For a guy who isn't into racing like Maher, his was a bit disbelieving of it and how it could be allowed from a personal health and safety point of view? I think he's kind of got a point? James was pretty casual about it.

SEN upload everything interview of their except Courtney!
Here

6 and 7 they've brought the walls in.

A few drivers have said this morning it will make passing much more difficult as well as less room for error.

Stinking hot down here, and the shift of the concert venue is one of the dumber things theyve ever done.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back