Jack or Nick Riewoldt??

Jack or Nick Riewoldt?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

SEMANTICS <_<
You're missing the point! Jack provides a better structure coz he kicks goals. Nick wasn't able to be that focal point for the Saints; 3 GF appearances = less than Jack for 1! I REST MY CASE!

How it it semantics? You were saying Jack wins flags and Nick doesn't, a clear demonstration that you value flags the most to judge a player. I gave you examples as to why that argument is a folly.

Also, are you 12?

How it it semantics? You were saying Jack wins flags and Nick doesn't, a clear demonstration that you value flags the most to judge a player. I gave you examples as to why that argument is a folly.
Also, are you 12?
I mean you guys are misrepresenting my post just for the sake of undermining me and making an argument. I explained what I meant on the post that you quoted me on but it doesn't appear to have sunk in. NICE TRY! BETTER LUCK NEXT TIME!

A better thread could be "Richo or Jack Riewoldt??"

I would be interested to see who votes for Jack.... as Richo was a true superstar.

I did a poll on my twitter account and Richo won about 60/40 split according to tigerheads.

Sent from my iPad using righteous Bhodi manpower

A better thread could be "Richo or Jack Riewoldt??"

I would be interested to see who votes for Jack.... as Richo was a true superstar.

I also voted for Jack.

I mean you guys are misrepresenting my post just for the sake of undermining me and making an argument. I explained what I meant on the post that you quoted me on but it doesn't appear to have sunk in. NICE TRY! BETTER LUCK NEXT TIME!
Nah, you made a s**t point, got called out on it and made another s**t point trying to explain the first one.

Why has this been moved to the polls? It's about the discussion not the poll.

Jack is absolutely brilliant and will forever be underrated. His leap, contested marking, field kicking, set shots, versatility, workrate and football intelligence make him truly unique. He has also sacrificed his game a fair bit over the years. He was once playing a decoy role for Vickery. Dark times they were. He cops a bit of s**t because he wears his heart on his sleeve but from all reports is a ripper bloke who bleeds yellow and black and is an outstanding leader at the club. Nick will go down as the better player though and it’s pretty clear cut for mine. He’s only behind Franklin for key position forwards that have debuted this century. What a machine he was. It’s unfortunate he never won a premiership because he truly deserved one. A champion of the game.

It's not even close. Glad to see the poll results are actually correct for once. Much better than the poll rating the 2018 Grand Final as the best Grand Final this century.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Overall Nick was the better player. Jack certainly has him in some areas of the game though, so its not like Nick is better than Jack at everything.

It's just that Nick was probably overall more influential on the game over a longer period of time. His longevity was amazing.

You're talking about two all time great forwards though by the time Jack retires.

There was no bias just the stats.
Amusing how those stats were presented though, attempting to make it look like Jack had done more even where he hadn't... Jack listed as "3x AA, 2x Jack Dyer Medal, 9x Leading goal kicker" etc. before listing the years he won whereas Nick is just listed as "AA, Trevor Barker Medal, Leading Goal Kicker" followed by years he won it rather than "5x AA, 6x Trevor Barker Medal, 4x Leading goal kicker" etc.

Makes it easier to identify Jack has won a lot of awards and doesn't explicitly show where Nick has won more. People don't want to look too hard at a data set before making up their minds. Doesn't look like it's worked here though, Nick clearly ahead and gets my vote as well.

Pretty much this.
It’s close but Nick was a better footballer. A bounce of the ball and this would hardly be a discussion
The premiership doesnt provide an argument for or against either player. It's not an individual award, its irrelevant to player v player discussions. What does it mean? You were drafted or traded to a successful club?

Jack is absolutely brilliant and will forever be underrated. His leap, contested marking, field kicking, set shots, versatility, workrate and football intelligence make him truly unique. He has also sacrificed his game a fair bit over the years. He was once playing a decoy role for Vickery. Dark times they were. He cops a bit of s**t because he wears his heart on his sleeve but from all reports is a ripper bloke who bleeds yellow and black and is an outstanding leader at the club. Nick will go down as the better player though and it’s pretty clear cut for mine. He’s only behind Franklin for key position forwards that have debuted this century. What a machine he was. It’s unfortunate he never won a premiership because he truly deserved one. A champion of the game.

Dark times indeed. ******* lol that was ridiculous and then people wonder why some of our supporters were rumbling about our side back then. Your honour I give you exhibit A

checkmate

Back to the thread
Nick was a champion of the game, one of the best and i have him ahead of Jack who is a very very good player. I think if Jack keeps this form up for another 2-3 years then there'll be more merit in the debate. Right now its Nick comfortably.

Amusing how those stats were presented though, attempting to make it look like Jack had done more even where he hadn't... Jack listed as "3x AA, 2x Jack Dyer Medal, 9x Leading goal kicker" etc. before listing the years he won whereas Nick is just listed as "AA, Trevor Barker Medal, Leading Goal Kicker" followed by years he won it rather than "5x AA, 6x Trevor Barker Medal, 4x Leading goal kicker" etc.

Makes it easier to identify Jack has won a lot of awards and doesn't explicitly show where Nick has won more. People don't want to look too hard at a data set before making up their minds. Doesn't look like it's worked here though, Nick clearly ahead and gets my vote as well.

This x 1000

also, maybe this is just me and I didn't want to raise it for fear of being shat on but.. half of these things I don't really consider really career noteworthy..
  • Michael RoachMedallist(Richmond Leading Goalkicker): 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
Sure, this is a nice thing but really the 2nd/3rd place in that race is the likes of vickery..lloyd.. heck martin finished 2nd/3rd multiple times as a midfielder - shows you the lack of other key fwds. 2010 he finished on 78 goals which is a fantastic output, the 2nd best was Andrew D. Collins (who??) on 15 goals..
Cool..

Nominee.

Cool.. BOG in a home and away game, had to google that medal to know what it was

• AFLX Premiership as Captain Coach 2019
Kyle Cheney was an AFLX premiership captain as well

I reckon both players are on par with each other. Both highly decorated, talented footballers who have both achieved some of the same accolades and awards and some others different from each other. And one played as a CHF while the other played at FF. So different roles for their respective teams.

Nick easily. And that's not a knock on Jack, but you can't be rolling out 'even'.

Nick easily. And that's not a knock on Jack, but you can't be rolling out 'even'.

I can because it’s my opinion and i think they are both great footballers.

I can because it’s my opinion and i think they are both great footballers.

I'd suggest you're somewhat biased on this situation dude.

Jack is a fantastic footballer, but he isn't a lock for hall of fame. Nick is a lock for it and is probably top 5 of his generation.

Back