Play Nice Bye Bye Brad [v4.0] - IT'S HAPPENING!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We chose Brad Scott over John Longmire. Brad had a better Powerpoint presentation.
I heard Longmire used that open office crap. Brad was booting windows from a Mac ... Office365. 365 stands for 365 days which makes up one year dont you know.

Reckon R Shaw has come in and introduced Sydney ball movement from defence 101. Problem is, in MacMillan, McDonald, Pittard and Williams, we don't have players with good enough decision making or disposal to play this high possession style. Might have looked great against the witches hats over summer, or even against our pressureless forwards, but not against St Kilda, Port and now Freo.

Buck stops with Brad. He either needs to play guys back there like Higgins, Hall and Polec who can make that style work or change it back - and do it fast.

9 seasons in now. 194 games. End of the year it's 215, end of his contract takes him to 237 at minimum.

Serious question - does anyone see this guy taking us to a grand final? Like can you actually picture it in your head, objectively?

Last year was excellent, Ziebell forward, Daw back, found some really innovative ways to move the ball.

He's gotten lazy again.

9 seasons in now. 194 games. End of the year it's 215, end of his contract takes him to 237 at minimum.

Serious question - does anyone see this guy taking us to a grand final? Like can you actually picture it in your head, objectively?

Last year was excellent, Ziebell forward, Daw back, found some really innovative ways to move the ball.

He's gotten lazy again.
I also think that we only look back on it as being excellent because of the initial expectations. We still capitulated late in the season and managed to miss playing finals when it looked as though we were nailed on to do so. Objectively speaking, it was another year of finishing in no man's land, but at least the journey there was exciting and entertaining.

He's gotten lazy again.

I thought we were quite innovative today... how many other sides attempt to handball all the way from the back half to their forward line

If the club doesnt put him on notice then supporters are going to leave the club in droves.
Every day we delay a decision on him sets us further and further behind.
I was a big fan of how we approached 2018.
But today he needed to prepare for this game like his career depended on it.
And he didnt. He failed dramatically to the point I am concerned his job security is so secure this cycle of mediocrity is going to never end.

Where does the club draw the line? How many excuses fly under the radar. I mean Cunners is 28 and balding and the side still has the same flaws, same issues it did the day Brad arrived. He has strengths in areas, He plays the Neil Balme role perfectly. Thats where he should be employed.
When it comes to executive decisions on the side and ensuring certain levels are met he is inadequate.

There is no shame in accepting a football department role after failing at coaching. Ratten, Leppitsch, Voss, Primus all done it. Countless more.
He needs to step aside and uphold any respect or integrity he has for the club and more importantly the players.
Its quite clear they love him but they dont play for him. This is such a bad combination that has been left to manifest with each man that gets drafted through the door.

Days like today cant continue to happen.

If we were winning by 100 points would you be calling for a five-year extension to Brad's contract?

No, you wouldn't.

It is Rd 1. No need to panic.

Relax and take a deep breath.

We lose like this to Essendon though and it will be pitchfork season.
Hopefully we'll come out next week, with fire in the belly, playing with a more intelligent game plan and displaying the ability to consistently get the ball to a player who isn't opposition. But Brisbane have some talented players and an at least adequate coach. There's at least some chance that we'll get spanked again.

I think T.Thomas should be coach. "Get ball, do something instinctive with it." Instead we have circle jerk.

On a serious note, I think we need a coach prepared to walk onto the middle of the field during the game and slap that stupid grin off LMACs face every time he does something stupid like the out on the full.

Can you imagine Barassi putting up with that constant LMAC grin when we are getting pumped?

I think T.Thomas should be coach. "Get ball, do something instinctive with it." Instead we have circle jerk.

On a serious note, I think we need a coach prepared to walk onto the middle of the field during the game and slap that stupid grin off LMACs face every time he does something stupid like the out on the full.

Can you imagine Barassi putting up with that constant LMAC grin when we are getting pumped?

The other day at work these beautiful older ladies started talking football and mentioned the great man Barassi. You could see the imprint this of the memory as she retold the story. Barassi with crutches still managing to storm onto the field and slamming his crutches into the turf as he made his point to a player. She could remember the fire with which he spoke. The only thing is I don't think a player like McDonald would bounce back from feedback given that way.

The other day at work these beautiful older ladies started talking football and mentioned the great man Barassi. You could see the imprint this of the memory as she retold the story. Barassi with crutches still managing to storm onto the field and slamming his crutches into the turf as he made his point to a player. She could remember the fire with which he spoke. The only thing is I don't think a player like McDonald would bounce back from feedback given that way.

I wonder how the Millenials would handle a Barrassi spray.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know how much sway he had in the players attending an open training session at Arden St yesterday and playing in Perth today.

It is probably the most unprofessional decision I've seen in a long, long time. Round 1 - why were the guys not over there on Thursday, or at worst Friday?

Whoever made this call needs to be held to account - we literally set ourselves up for failure. I'm sure a half-lame Brown and Tarrant enjoyed the long flight within 24 hours of the game??
Are you for real? We only flew over Saturday? Gee that is a fricken stupid decision.

Are you for real? We only flew over Saturday? Gee that is a fricken stupid decision.

Yeah.

When someone mentioned JMac at the vfl praccy game yesterday I thought they were joking.

Been a few stupid decisions this week.

I wonder how often Clarko has such an insipid crew as ours were today requiring a rev up. Extremely rarely if ever.
That's because Clarkson actually has various cards to play in his coaching repertoire, unlike our coach who is incapable of making game day decisions.

I asked this question a few years back. It ain't happening. Scotts is a Twit. We will look back at this time as "The Wasted Years". :stern look

I asked this question a few years back. It ain't happening. Scotts is a Twit. We will look back at this time as "The Wasted Years". :stern look
I'm starting to look at how many good years are left. Time seems to be running fast.

I tell myself you can't be greedy, being in your 20s in the 90s and a north supporter.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I'm starting to look at how many good years are left. Time seems to be running fast.

I tell myself you can't be greedy, being in your 20s in the 90s and a north supporter.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

The 90’s were 25 years ago

Wat is wrong with you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back