Crisis meeting - Hun reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Correct, I can't prove in any way shape or form that "The Huddle and its related programs has had an effect whatsoever on the football program".

So why does all of this crap even exist? Show me where all the money spent on this guff provides a single extra kick on the football field or draw one solitary new member through the door? Show me why this stuff should even exist at a football club?

Again, YOU show me the "causal links" as to how all this drivel provides benefits to the NMFC? Show me how all of the money being spent on this stuff is assists the club in any tangible way, rather than being spent on.............y'know...............actual FOOTBALL related matters? How does it generate a single extra point on the score board, or a single extra member through the gates, because if you can't show me that, then you can't justify its existence.

These people ARE there, and the consolidated revenue of the club IS paying for their wages and programs. To what end? Show me YOUR "causal links"?

Show me why all of this money wouldn't be better spent by terminating the lot of them in order to pay for someone like, for example, Alistair Clarkson?
I'm not the one that goes on and on about it in every thread. I'm not the one who believes the football program is bad because the Huddle exists (edit: This is a strawman too. My apologies, but at least I recognise when I do it). I don't blame people employed in non-on field roles for how bad we are at football.

The onus isn't on me. It's on you, and you've provided no evidence whatsoever. This post is indicative of typical Snake deflection and strawmen when you've got absolutely nothing to contribute that's intellectually honest or compelling to support your politically driven nonsense.

I'm not the one that goes on and on about it in every thread. I'm not the one who believes the football program is bad because the Huddle exists. I don't blame people employed in non-on field roles for how bad we are at football.

The onus isn't on me. It's on you, and you've provided no evidence whatsoever. This post is indicative of typical Snake deflection and strawmen when you've got absolutely nothing to contribute that's intellectually honest or compelling to support your politically driven nonsense.

The onus is on you to show how it benefits our football club. Until you or anyone else can do this, it doesn't.

The reason it has been a hot topic today is because I am responding to a lot of other posters positions on it today. I certainly don't go on about it in every post I make, but I can see why you want to project that idea. You're just concerned that I make ANY reference to it at all!

No they're not. We exist to play football.

/discussion.

So what's your point?

Playing football requires a football dept and admin to deal with all the non on field related stuff. They are separate things and always should be. The off field bit needs separation so someone like Buckley can sack Scott if it becomes the appropriate response. Compared to the rest of my life the off field stuff is actually in the best shape I've seen. And no I'm not talking about the huddle.

I'm talking about the facilities at Arden St and the fact the club is growing/getting bigger because its got an expanded playing footprint (ie more sides). We are financially reasonably ok. So to me that means we are in a position where we could afford to spend more money on someone who can effectively fix the players heads. We are also in a position where we could take radical action re onfield performance (ie Sack Scotts) and not feed the media narrative of a basket case that needs to be killed off.

The VFL side will contribute to onfield success and the women's side actually has my girls far more into footy than they were beforehand. They watch NMFC games with heaps more interest now whatever side is playing cos they could see themselves playing for the club. She goes to school (in country NSW) with a NMFC backpack and the other kids who have sweet FA idea about AFL love it. Even that promotes the club and gives it a place in the minds (and hearts) of kids who would otherwise have no idea about AFL or North. Every little bit like that counts imo.

Zero percent shocked you didn't read past the first line.

So your answer is yes? Even though you started off pontificating how such a response was beneath you? Correct?

He wears it until he ceases to throw crap from the cheap seats and backs up his position at some deeper level.

Passing off the odd snide remark then disappearing for a week, is not the way to earn credibility from me.

He wears it until he ceases to throw crap from the cheap seats and backs up his position at some deeper level.

Passing off the odd snide remark then disappearing for a week, is not the way to earn credibility from me.

Sorry, I don't live and die on my internet reputation on this forum. I have other things going on in my life.

Also, I don't sit in the cheap seats. As I said...

Sorry, I don't live and die on my internet reputation on this forum. I have other things going on in my life.

Yeah, you just somehow manage to ingest every single post on this board and then hand pick your responses.

Also, I don't sit in the cheap seats. As I said...

Definitely not. You're right up front with the clique.

You have drifted waaaay off course mate.

Off course from what? Your reality tunnel?

I once spent 15 minute chatting to Ron Barassi at a footy function in Bangalow (of all places) about pretty much this entire subject and nothing he said would back you up. And we were specifically talking about admin and on field footy performance. (We compared North when he was with us to the Swans in Sydney when he was with them in the context of a local club I was involved with.)

Please (re-)familarise yourselves with the rules on here.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/faq.php?faq=vb_faq#faq_forum_rules

Golden Rules:

• No personal abuse
  • PG rating on this board (a bit of extra leeway on the Roo Lounge)
  • Spamming is a no no
  • This board is for football related discussion (non footy related = Roo Lounge)
  • No swear filter evasion
  • Trolling from opposition supporters is not on.
  • New posters are always welcome
  • Differences of opinion are perfectly fine
  • North supporters are not immune from infractions (yellow & red cards) on this board
  • The moderators aren't robots and don't necessarily read every post. If you see something that you take offence with or is a breach of the forum rules - use the report post button and someone will attend to it.

This is by far the busiest & most popular club board on Big Footy and by abiding by the rules, we can keep it that way. If not, I'm sure many quality posters and supporters will be turned off and stay away.

Seems as though a few new posters forgot to read the rules when signing on, and a few veterans have forgotten about them.

Thanks Lidge :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Buckley coming up.
Well that was an uninspiring listen.

When are we ever going to actually aim high again?

The chairman reflects the whole attitude of the place of satisfied comfort.

The whole place reeks of average.

The most unconvincing interview.
Well that was an uninspiring listen.

When are we ever going to actually aim high again?

The chairman reflects the whole attitude of the place of satisfied comfort.

The whole place reeks of average.

He has to play a dead bat at this point. It's part of the process. Brad's position is untenable unless he produces a miracle.

He has to play a dead bat at this point. It's part of the process. Brad's position is untenable unless he produces a miracle.
He's playing a dead bat not just because he has to, he's playing it because he sees the whole scrutiny as trivial.

Short of a long run of thrashings or a self sacrifice , Scott won't be going anywhere before the end of 2020.

He's playing a dead bat not just because he has to, he's playing it because he sees the whole scrutiny as trivial.

Short of a long run of thrashings or a self sacrifice , Scott won't be going anywhere before the end of 2020.

I don't agree mate, but ultimately we shall have to wait and see how this plays out.

We couldn't make pokies work in the first place and he wanted to make them work there. Pokies are ****ed. They are electronic heroin and frankly I'd be more comfortable helping the club make money by selling real smack.

The club will first go through the standard blueprint that most clubs follow. They will only consider sacking a coach after these initial steps fail:
  1. Show the supporters they’re having an important meeting. The topic of discussion behind those doors is pretty much what Wayne Carey has already said - it’s about why players aren’t trying, nothing else.
  2. Team ‘bonding’ session. (Usually useless)
  3. Send an important key player or two to the VFL in order to make a statement.
  4. Someone small will be sacked to appease supporters.

I'd say that if we finish this season with less than 5 wins, he'll be gone over summer. If we lose the next 3, he'll be gone mid season.

With all due respect, the Dogs and Collingwood fell over themselves to copy our social programs, and now have a flag and grand final appearance each.

By that logic, they work.

Or by the correct logic, they have nothing to do with the footy side of things. They are opportunity cost free exercises.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back