Player Watch #42: Kallan Dawson - Twomey reporting 1yr extension - Roo until end '24

Remove this Banner Ad

Plenty of us watch the VFL - don't agree with your assessment of Dawson's first half of 2023. He was solid and certainly better than a number of guys spudding it up in the seniors.

Those stats for a KPD or 3rd don't tell the story - how many aerial contests did he win, halve or lose? How many goals did his direct opponent kick? Did he show good judgement to leave his man and intercept? Did he kill the ball with his spoils? Did he provide run and was he decisive with ball in hand?

Should've played earlier in the year.
Why can’t you just be happy for your son Mr Dawson?

Has he shagged your sister Nostra?
Please stop engaging with this guy. I'm begging you. You know he's not a serious person, you know he doesn't understand football, you know he has nothing interesting or worthwhile to say. Just leave it.

Please stop engaging with this guy. I'm begging you. You know he's not a serious person, you know he doesn't understand football, you know he has nothing interesting or worthwhile to say. Just leave it.
Not a serious person lol

More football knowledge in my pinky than your entire brain

(Log in to remove this ad.)

*In your own little fantasy world
season 7 episode 6 GIF

He made a few errors but one thing stood out for me. He ****ed up a kick off the backline and ran so hard he was able to tackle the Freo player who picked it up.

That thing at training where you miss atarget in a kicking drill and run hard to get there in time to support your target... he actually got there and put a tackle on! That sort of effort stands out imo.

Unfortunately it went high and he gave away a free kick. :laughing:

But he made the effort and got to the contest. Freo player ducked anyway.

Just needs to realise he has a fraction more time than he thinks he has.
His defensive timing is very good, takes a decent mark and offensively he is pro active and likes to make things happen.

He isn’t what I’d call a good kick but I think his errors come from adjusting his decision making to AFL speed, understandable for a player who’s played under 10 games.

Really like what we are seeing so far

Remove this Banner Ad

Back