Player Watch #42: Kallan Dawson - Twomey reporting 1yr extension - Roo until end '24

Remove this Banner Ad

He played like Scotty Thompson today.

Aggressive, willing to come off his man and showed wheels not many his size have.

He gets the entire season based on today.

I was just telling my old man how much he reminds me of Scooter. He looks a little awkward and has fantastic closing speed.

I'd like to see him encouraged to get on his bike more offensively, I imagine it'll come with confidence

Love him to bits so far. If he keeps developing he should be a staple of the team for a long time.

Aggressive, willing to come off his man and showed wheels not many his size have.

I’ve been saying he’s got a bit of Scooter about him. Not quite as aggro but defs quicker.

There was a spoil early in the first when we were under siege that he had no right to get to. His closing speed is elite. And he can hurt the other way.
Like leaving his man on the wing and hitting the ball at full tilt, scooping it up and lacing it to Stevo (I think) 35 m out.

I see a little more Alex Rance rather than Scotty Thompson....even Kallan would get reported if Scotty played on him:p.

Hope he keeps progressing and becomes a regular.

I thought he was really unlucky to play only one game last season, but I think he will be hard to dislodge from that back six he if continues to play like he did today. He was easily our best big man down back and some of his spoils and his attack on the ball reminded me of some of the great fullbacks we had in the past.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was just telling my old man how much he reminds me of Scooter. He looks a little awkward and has fantastic closing speed.

I'd like to see him encouraged to get on his bike more offensively, I imagine it'll come with confidence
It’s the knocked knees just like scooter

Likeable player.

I think there's a spot for him, realistically with Hardeman / Other Dawson coming in the wings and Logue returning Corr now has serious competition and that's always a good thing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back