Coach Be vewy vewy quiet we're hunting coaches.

If we can't get Clarko - who do you want as next NMFC coach?

• Leon Cameron

Votes: 6 2.2%
  • Mark "Chocco" Williams

Votes: 87 32.0%
  • Ross Lyon

Votes: 19 7.0%
  • Nathan Buckley

Votes: 25 9.2%
  • Adam Yze

Votes: 10 3.7%
  • Don Pyke

Votes: 25 9.2%
  • Daniel Giansiracusa

Votes: 10 3.7%
  • Blake Caracella

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • James Hird

Votes: 19 7.0%
  • Scott Burns

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Robert Harvey

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Jesus

Votes: 8 2.9%
  • Satan

Votes: 24 8.8%
  • Other

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Adam Simpson

Votes: 17 6.3%
  • Gary Ayres

Votes: 5 1.8%
  • Justin Leppitsch

Votes: 8 2.9%
  • Supercoach Patch

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Serious question, what happens if (and it's a big if) we go through this final period 6-0, 5-1 or even 4-2. Do we look at Patch as our senior coach and try and bring in Mark Williams and/or Don Pyke (or others with senior experience) as assistant coaches?
No way. Taking on an inexperienced coach after ok results got us in the mud with shaw. Surely we've learnt from those mistakes

If we win six then this place will melt down.

No priority pick. Miss another pick one. Ohhhh crickey, it will be bad.
Don't worry, there is no danger of that. We'd be lucky to win 2
But if the unthinkable happens and we look like winning more, we'd have to urgently bring Noble back for the last month

Serious question, what happens if (and it's a big if) we go through this final period 6-0, 5-1 or even 4-2. Do we look at Patch as our senior coach and try and bring in Mark Williams and/or Don Pyke (or others with senior experience) as assistant coaches?

Oh, I’ll be right down that rabbit hole. I know I shouldn’t be, but I will.

What was the Shaw experience exactly?

He had a winning record before an unprecedented global event. Had he not had his mental breakdown, he would have returned for 2021 and with a better support system could have easily done enough to still be our coach.

To rule out Adams because of our issues in the bubble would be idiotic.
Shaw's experience was exactly that - mental breakdown caused by losing something like 15 straight games, and yeah, obviously, the hub did play a part in that, but the fact he was way out of his depth was the key factor. The board will not be able to give the job to yet another untried coach or risk having to resign if it fails again.

Not to mention that if Clarko wants the job, it will be an easy decision

The words Patch has been using seem to have been pretty carefully thought out.

All of what he has said is about waiting and seeing how things are if it is even something he wants to pursue.

I think that is in part why we game him the gig TBH. There is no expectation that he get any result at all. The pressure valve being released on the weekend hopefully opens us up to being a bit freer.

It really is a win win with us getting a north bloke experience he otherwise would get at a stage in his coaching development where he will likely be able to take what he has learned and propel himself forward on it. It also insulates the club to a degree because there is zero expectations that we appoint him as coach and the liklihood that we have mount some all mighty winning streak is fairly low. I mean yes we won, yes it was great, we also conceded 32 shots on goal. Doesn't exactly sound like a highly repeatable for good outcome type of game.

If patch won 6 on the trot I am still doubtful he would get the gig. caretakers are so rarely successful long term. It may however shape the idea that whoever we do get plays more of a mentor type role and Patch becomes a head coach in waiting.

It's not just Shaw it's that three untried coaches have failed to deliver.
Are you including Scott as the third? If so Laidley would have to be in too. And if ”failing to deliver“ means no flag then every coach we’ve ever appointed except two is on the list.

It's a buyer's market for coaches at the moment esp. with Clarko available. North have to take advantage of this moment in time as opportunities like this don't always come along.
Which is partly why we've offloaded noble so early.

Oh, I’ll be right down that rabbit hole. I know I shouldn’t be, but I will.
Yeah, I think I'd be down that rabbit hole as well, especially if Clarkson is too costly.

What was the Shaw experience exactly?

He had a winning record before an unprecedented global event. Had he not had his mental breakdown, he would have returned for 2021 and with a better support system could have easily done enough to still be our coach.

To rule out Adams because of our issues in the bubble would be idiotic
It's all academic now but I think there were enough signs to predict Shaw wasn't going to continue his 2019 coach bounce success. There was enough exposed form even factoring in the 2020 variables to suggest the circus was over by round 3.

The success rate, or lack thereof, of interims is also startling. We hoped we had found the exception to the rule but it'd be a ridiculously brave selection panel to go to that well twice.

It's all academic now but I think there were enough signs to predict Shaw wasn't going to continue his 2019 coach bounce success. There was enough exposed form even factoring in the 2020 variables to suggest the circus was over by round 3.

The success rate, or lack thereof, of interims is also startling. We hoped we had found the exception to the rule but it'd be a ridiculously brave selection panel to go to that well twice.
So the board had a chance at redemption, but Shaw shanked it?
My apologies to all.

I love your notion of what constitutes “a serious question” cobber.

If we win 6-0, including a likely top 4 Sydney, Patch will undergo a meteoric rise on the Makeshift Park’s Super Coach Wish List, and assume the vertiginous heights of second preference out of all the contenders, after Clarko.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love your notion of what constitutes “a serious question” cobber.

If we win 6-0, including a likely top 4 Sydney, Patch will undergo a meteoric rise on the Makeshift Park’s Super Coach Wish List, and assume the vertiginous heights of second preference out of all the contenders, after Clarko.
And the answer would still be no, unless it was through a succession type arrangement.

Are you including Scott as the third? If so Laidley would have to be in too. And if ”failing to deliver“ means no flag then every coach we’ve ever appointed except two is on the list.
I am including Scott. Laidley did very well in adverse circumstances.

In Round 1 we came back from several goals down and won and in round two we beat a GF side from the previous season. Round three was just a loss. It was r's 3-5 that really saw the wheels fall off tho.

He's an Assistant Coach with the Crows. I wonder if he's fallen into 'Brian Royal' territory, a senior coach in waiting who never gets the big gig?
I was into Burns when Noble was appointed and that was due to the Clarko link.
Now we actually get the main man.
Weird how it’s worked out.

We'll never know how 2021 plays out with Rhyce Shaw at the helm, but I'd say it wouldn't be any worse than what David Noble produced.

Maybe he gets sacked with our 1-10 record at the bye last year, or maybe the positivity towards the end of the year would see him return for 2022 where it would be almost unfathomable that he'd lose 11 straight games by 47+ points.

He needed a lot more development and seasoning to become a successful coach, but the potential was there. It just baffles me that so many on here spent all year defending David Noble and comparing his catastrophic failures to minor road bumps in the early careers of Hardwick and Clarkson, yet Rhyce Shaw is seen by most as a complete failure and completely irredeemable.

The bubble and set-up around him never gave him a fair chance and his record prior to that puts the last stretch of Brad Scott and David Noble's career to shame.

We'll never know how 2021 plays out with Rhyce Shaw at the helm, but I'd say it wouldn't be any worse than what David Noble produced.

Maybe he gets sacked with our 1-10 record at the bye last year, or maybe the positivity towards the end of the year would see him return for 2022 where it would be almost unfathomable that he'd lose 11 straight games by 47+ points.

He needed a lot more development and seasoning to become a successful coach, but the potential was there. It just baffles me that so many on here spent all year defending David Noble and comparing his catastrophic failures to minor road bumps in the early careers of Hardwick and Clarkson, yet Rhyce Shaw is seen by most as a complete failure and completely irredeemable.

The bubble and set-up around him never gave him a fair chance and his record prior to that puts the last stretch of Brad Scott and David Noble's career to shame.

The hub intensified the stress into a short period and created a pressure cooker atmosphere but I think it became apparent that he was not mentally suited to the role. That would have been revealed eventually, it was just a matter of time.

Didn't think I'd be someone to claim to be ITK or have sources - but have been told that Mark Williams has pretty much said yes to a development role for next year. Awesome if true.
Listened to an interview with him on Gawn and Brayshaw’s podcast not too long ago. The work he is doing with their young players is absolutely unreal. Huge get if true.

Didn't think I'd be someone to claim to be ITK or have sources - but have been told that Mark Williams has pretty much said yes to a development role for next year. Awesome if true.

Clarko AND Williams next year?

ready-fap.gif

Back