Official Match Thread Season 29 Round 10 - Dragons FFC vs Sin City Swamprats at Ljp86’s Lair

Remove this Banner Ad

It was more to do with Old Mate's original claim about no-one knowing who the Dragons were. Well...love us or hate us, we were in the top four for mentions in that survey.
Ah right, sometimes you gotta shoot yourself in the foot to make a point y'know. But we got there in the end and that's what matters!

Oh and lastly, serial_thrilla are you having a good night mate? How was your day?
Yeah, not too bad. The rugrat is getting more and more agitated each day that he can't go down to the park to climb on the playground - so I think he cameo'd in a couple of my work telcos today from the other side of the house.

Tonight I've barely moved from the couch, watched Netflix and drunk a few Asahis. After the discussion in this thread earlier on I'm half tempted to pull out my Switch...but that would require getting up.

Yeah, not too bad. The rugrat is getting more and more agitated each day that he can't go down to the park to climb on the playground - so I think he cameo'd in a couple of my work telcos today from the other side of the house.

Tonight I've barely moved from the couch, watched Netflix and drunk a few Asahis. After the discussion in this thread earlier on I'm half tempted to pull out my Switch...but that would require getting up.
Temporary pain for long term gain. I believe in you!

Temporary pain for long term gain. I believe in you!
Yeah, I suppose. A few quick games of Sonic Mania before bed then. Turning on Breath of the Wild at this time of night is a surefire way to end up with a SarahSmiles-esque 5 hour sleep.

How about you - how's your day been?

Sparkle best you slink out of this thread now mate, before you get SLAMMED with anymore truth bombs. philreich i reckon you'd better delist this scrub before he embarrasses you any further.
SFA newsflash - an independent study has been undertaken, to investigate the incidence of when serial_thrilla types crap. Results are now in: it's when his fingers touch the keyboard :).

Good thing I packed an arm guard and a long sleeve jumper then ;)

I'll give you a pre-warning though, make sure you've got mattresses on your thighs: in my fitness testing I scored 'average' for the vertical jump and I don't mind sinking my knee into the opponents fleshy upper leg
Thunder thighs - I have plenty of padding on them. ;)
Sounds like it'll be a good battle. :D And fun!

Over on the main board there's a thread discussing which team has the biggest supporter base/which team has the smallest

If there were a similar list created for the SFA, there's one certainty: the Dragons would be anchored to the bottom
Hmm...not too sure about that one. Most say they had a good experience and a lot of fun after their week with us. We sneak in under the radar...then BOOM! We steal your hearts. 💚

GO DRAGONS!! 🐲🤘💚

Think of it this way - if every player in the SFA was asked to name all the teams in the competition, the Dragons would certainly be the last team they'd list
Everyone knows the Dragons won the championship last season - we would be at the top of the list. ;)

Hmm...not too sure about that one. Most say they had a good experience and a lot of fun after their week with us. We sneak in under the radar...then BOOM! We steal your hearts. 💚

GO DRAGONS!! 🐲🤘💚

And the four premiership points

Yeah, I suppose. A few quick games of Sonic Mania before bed then. Turning on Breath of the Wild at this time of night is a surefire way to end up with a SarahSmiles-esque 5 hour sleep.

How about you - how's your day been?
Last night was supposed to be our VCE formal. Obviously that didn't happen so we ended up having a digital formal which produced some absolutely priceless moment including me getting every single person in the year level up to sing a horribly out of time/key version of our school song. Then worked 6 hours on a media assignment and ended up in bed by 3. Not the worst of nights!

Yep. Having a mate stay over and spend all night playing the campaign through in co-op mode was the best.

Yeah, The Maw at the end with the warthog race to GTFO as it all went to utter sh*t was unreal. Great memories. The soundtrack was amazing. :'(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last night was supposed to be our VCE formal. Obviously that didn't happen so we ended up having a digital formal which produced some absolutely priceless moment including me getting every single person in the year level up to sing a horribly out of time/key version of our school song. Then worked 6 hours on a media assignment and ended up in bed by 3. Not the worst of nights!
So I'm assuming you are in Year 12 at HS? Has there been any discussion on how to conduct ATAR exams (I'm pretty sure that's what they're called now?) with this social isolating going on?

How did they do a digital formal? Everyone just in a conference call or something?

I know jackster83 will approve of this - I read yesterday about a bloke somewhere in Australia, who has spent his entire $750 of stimulus money on beer.
Well, we've gotta support the industry I guess. There's been rumours that some of the boutique breweries are in serious financial trouble now that they're not getting any door sales and restaurants can't support them. I noticed that alcohol delivery services are starting to pop up though: you'd imagine the smaller suppliers would be the first to jump on.

Well, we've gotta support the industry I guess. There's been rumours that some of the boutique breweries are in serious financial trouble now that they're not getting any door sales and restaurants can't support them. I noticed that alcohol delivery services are starting to pop up though: you'd imagine the smaller suppliers would be the first to jump on.
Trouble is this is far from over. I'd hate to think how bad the economy will be affected, if this thing extends beyond the winter months: hopefully we'll be rid of it much sooner!!!

I know jackster83 will approve of this - I read yesterday about a bloke somewhere in Australia, who has spent his entire $750 of stimulus money on beer.

That's the calibre of individual that we should be recruiting. The man definitely has his priorities straight.

So I'm assuming you are in Year 12 at HS? Has there been any discussion on how to conduct ATAR exams (I'm pretty sure that's what they're called now?) with this social isolating going on?
Nah, year 11 but am doing year 12 psychology which is really fun. No discussion on ATAR as of yet but all of our SACS (school assessed coursework) for our year 12 subjects have been cancelled statewide. They're floating the idea of using our year 11 score which wouldn't be terrible for me cause I got a pretty good score last year in psych but would much rather do the work and exams

How did they do a digital formal? Everyone just in a conference call or something?
6 online periods a day where everyone is in a conference call. It's chaos and not super effective

Morning Dragons and Rats. Gloomy and overcast in the capital this morning , definitely need some Rebecca time

Geez I haven't heard that song in ages. I remember when it came out though and people couldn't stand it at all

Geez I haven't heard that song in ages. I remember when it came out though and people couldn't stand it at all
We get the privilege of seeing it every week...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back