Mega Thread Coronavirus & the AFL - season postponed. Part 2 * CONTINUED ABUSE WILL NOT BE TOLERATED *

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this a serious post? In response to NSW slightly easing lockdown laws today?

Anything more than a few weeks at a time of planning right now is pointless. Remember how dire the situation was just 1 month ago? Our numbers are exceptional and only tracking stronger from there.

Should festivals be planned for July? Of course not.
Should the AFL be selling tickets for finals come September? No.

Do our current numbers in relation to covid-19 suggest that allowing 2 healthy adults to visit 2 other healthy adults in their own home is a safe practice? Absolutely yes.

Small steps.

In Victoria they don't, see a family member not from your household and DIE.

In Victoria they don't, see a family member not from your household and DIE.

Well done on proving my point.

tige19 has given up his controversial points of view and is now adopting extreme hyperbole and fallacies to try and 'beat' the others. Becoming common amongst the 'this is all an overreaction' crowd.

Boris Johnson is 55, Tom Hanks is 63, Peter Dutton is 49 - from all reports, all required medical treatment (in Boris' case, admission to the ICU). Are they considered more disposable than us young folks here on BigFooty?

Look, I understand why some are actively downplaying the figures by constantly referring to 'only old people die!', because it's the primary argument for these restrictions being over the top (even if I disagree with that assessment), but it's still not a walk in the park for everyone under 70. Even the most optimistic statistics from around the world still include many, many untimely deaths of people under 50.

If you look at Boris johnson and think healthy then you've lost your marbles, he is one of the most unhealthiest looking individuals you would come across.

Just like any virus I am sure it can affect anyone at any age, no different.

Is this a serious post? In response to NSW slightly easing lockdown laws today?

Anything more than a few weeks at a time of planning right now is pointless. Remember how dire the situation was just 1 month ago? Our numbers are exceptional and only tracking stronger from there.

Should festivals be planned for July? Of course not.
Should the AFL be selling tickets for finals come September? No.

Do our current numbers in relation to covid-19 suggest that allowing 2 healthy adults to visit 2 other healthy adults in their own home is a safe practice? Absolutely yes.

Small steps.

I was taking the piss Blacky

If you look at Boris johnson and think healthy then you've lost your marbles, he is one of the most unhealthiest looking individuals you would come across.

Just like any virus I am sure it can affect anyone at any age, no different.

His dishevelled look is well crafted and managed (look it up), and in any event is his life worth less than yours or mine?

Hanks? Dutton? Prince Charles? The numerous other celebrities who died from COVID-19?

His dishevelled look is well crafted and managed (look it up), and in any event is his life worth less than yours or mine?

Much like Trumps hair? Well crafted? He isn't a healthy man, blind Freddy can see that.

His life is worthy, of course, but the unhealthy man that he is he still survived.

Much like Trumps hair? Well crafted? He isn't a healthy man, blind Freddy can see that.

His life is worthy, of course, but the unhealthy man that he is he still survived.

Is your obese neighbour with diabetes less worthy? The kindly old grandma down the road that gives you biscuits? Who else?

The problem with insisting on it only killing those that are old or with preexisting conditions cheapens their lives. I'd rather hope we evolved to the point where we still try and avoid giving them an incurable disease that could kill them rather than just sacrificing them on the altar of Gross Domestic Product. Yes, they are more likely to die, and they will continue to die no matter what restrictions are imposed - but that is not an argument that the restrictions were an overreaction at all.

I'm assuming once we eliminate community transmissions restrictions will be lifted in reverse order so that we can "track and trace" any infections.

Travel is going to look strange and compulsory isolation will need to be strictly enforced.

That would seem the logical method, why won't guvmint at least give us a date to at least name a further date for a plan?

Before you wonder when we are not.out of lockdown and social distancing and why we've been in this predicament, today is a reminder why. 5 more confirmed deaths in NSW.

Disgraceful how they havn't quarantined and protected these aged home centres better. While wasting resources stopping healthy a 20 year old going for a bike ride alone in the bush. The hysterical lockdown crew have to take some of the blame, they've backed the government into a corner of locking down 25 million people and spreading resources so thin. We've had 1 death under 60 and none under 40

Is your obese neighbour with diabetes less worthy? The kindly old grandma down the road that gives you biscuits? Who else?

The problem with insisting on it only killing those that are old or with preexisting conditions cheapens their lives. I'd rather hope we evolved to the point where we still try and avoid giving them an incurable disease that could kill them rather than just sacrificing them on the altar of Gross Domestic Product. Yes, they are more likely to die, and they will continue to die no matter what restrictions are imposed - but that is not an argument that the restrictions were an overreaction at all.

What are you on about? You asked if he was worthy, I said of course he is, what the hell else do you want me to say? Why bring up other "at risk" people? You think I am cheapening lives? You made that up completely yourself, I am not doing or saying such things. I am stating the truth about what is happening, it can affect anyone but the overwhelming majority of people have underlying issues that compromise their immune system and/or are compromised due to being extremely old. Is that not the truth? Stop jumping up 10 steps when I haven't even entered the staircase.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disgraceful how they havn't quarantined and protected these aged home centres better. While wasting resources stopping healthy a 20 year old going for a bike ride alone in the bush. The hysterical lockdown crew have to take some of the blame, they've backed the government into a corner of locking down 25 million people and spreading resources so thin. We've had 1 death under 60 and none under 40

yawn

What are you on about? You asked if he was worthy, I said of course he is, what the hell else do you want me to say? Why bring up other "at risk" people? You think I am cheapening lives? You made that up completely yourself, I am not doing or saying such things. I am stating the truth about what is happening, it can affect anyone but the overwhelming majority of people have underlying issues that compromise their immune system and/or are compromised due to being extremely old. Is that not the truth? Stop jumping up 10 steps when I haven't even entered the staircase.

Because you are one of the biggest 'it only kills the elderly and those with preexisting conditions' posters in this thread. You take that position because it allows you to argue that the restrictions are an overreaction, that their lives are more comfortable for you to sacrifice. You've complained plenty of times in this thread how the restrictions have had a huge negative impact on your business.

And I strongly disagree with that.

People are talking about suing the CCP because they covered it up, they didn't cover it up because they were going to be sued.
I gather that the wuhan district politician will take the fall anyway. See the Sports Rorts saga as an example.

Hanks? Dutton? Prince Charles? The numerous other celebrities who died from COVID-19?

I like BoJo but come on, he’s not a picture of good health.

Tom Hanks and Peter Dutton on the other hand appear quite fit (although Dutton does have asthma)

But your point about health is well founded, that’s why I support the current lock downs (my gripe is the 6 month stimulus)

Sadly all of them were 85 or older

News.Com.Au running with the headline ‘Death toll sours’

Still no story on the 25 per cent of NYC who are probably infected or the WHO retraction on antibody immunity (which was the cause of a few click bait articles last week)

85 , cut down in their prime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back