Autopsy Freo Give Up and Go Down by 40

Remove this Banner Ad

The skills of the team are still very poor. Logue hasn't improved since his draft year.

Terrible list management. Terrible coaching.

We need to overthrow the board. We need change. Garlick is the worst CEO, he's just another Vicco loving sycophant.

Good thread title, up by 17 points and when it started to not go their way the white flag was raised.

Couldn't be bothered to watch the whole thing but Cerra looked like he has checked out.

Get Fyfe under the knife this week. Play the rest and decide who wants to be around next year.

The skills of the team are still very poor. Logue hasn't improved since his draft year.

Terrible list management. Terrible coaching.

We need to overthrow the board. We need change. Garlick is the worst CEO, he's just another Vicco loving sycophant.

curious as to how Garlick caused the team to go to sleep after half time?

That hurt. From the front row at metricon that was, I can't describe it. They showed us what they could do, gave us hope and then, just, gave up.

Very Cuddles-era. We have the makings of a good list that may be as talented as all but, sadly, I am starting to doubt if this core has the mental capacity to win big games/finals.

We already looked tired and they wore us out completely by playing the lead up chip game. We need more options running through there and also find some guys that are prepared to run and defend to try and win the ball back more often. We don't have the right sort of players.
We just had a 10 day break

I forgot to mention Walker in my post. He's the find of the season for me. So much better than I dared dream he'd be.

To have the sort of confidence he does to take the game on this early in his career... he's going to be a weapon off half back once he feels comfortable at this level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

he does so Lobb could stay forward and keep structure while Darcy was off

Acres wasn’t dropped for meek.
He's obviously not a straight swap for meek. But I don't think Acres was omitted based on effort. I think it was on structure.

If effort was the measure, there are a few ahead in the queue.

But we'll never really know will we.

Meh! acres in acres out. What's it matter. We're still crap!

I think watching it gives a different perspective. 1st quarter was excellent skills and effort with some dockery sh*t chucked in. 2nd and 3rd quarters were just blokes jogging around or not competing. Last quarter the effort increased a bit but Sydney were in cruise mode

So the inferior team brought great effort to take it up to the superior team but couldn't sustain it and ultimately the much better team was the much better team? Sounds about right if so. It's a very, very common plot. I'll watch anyway.

The season is gone.
Start to change things up.

Crowden onto the middle
Henry on to a wing.

put Walker as a medium forward and tell him to tackle/and chase like he’s Chris Mayne who’d rather tackle than score goals.
Change things up
Henry is miles off AFL level. He needs another pre season for the tank.

I really don't know where to begin with our list or what we really need to fix/change as a team it's all a bit overwhelming. We should take solace in the fact that we do have the foundations of a great team we just need to continue to build our team list and work on our skill execution.

I cant see how this style will win finals. We have been shown up by all of the top 6 and throw a depelted west coast as well. Outside of the dogs game and the Sydney win we havent come close and thats the biggest disappointment for me. If we went down in a tight tussle that went deep into the 4th you could cop it.

We will probably miss the finals because we couldn't beat carlton twice and kick straight against essendon. Those games are the killers really.

In terms of style our inability for small forwards to put pressure is abysmal. Go back to the 2013 PF against the Swans when we were at our peak our pressure was so manic even zac clarke was making tackles. That stat of inside 50 tackles shows we are way off. I have said for numerous weeks we dont value pressure as we are ranked 17th ans JL just brushes it off when asked

Remove this Banner Ad

Back