Prediction Changes for R21 v Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Out: Woodcock (Medi-Sub) Bonner, SPP
In: Clurey, McIntee/Gray, SPP (Medi-Sub)

Gray to a forward Pocket if fit, McIntee to SPP’s pressure forward role - Fantasia forward pocket. Houston/Butters/Rozee to Bonners Wing. Clurey in to sit on Tex.

This game sort of reminds me of the 2016 2nd showdown, where if I’m correct crows needed a percentage booster for top 4 and we stepped up with one of our worst sides since the Primus era and only lost coz by a couple goals.
The situation for this game is very similar but this time we’re the side that needs to win, and the crows are just playing for pride.

If Jonas wasn't captain his head would be on the block and you would be bringing in Clurey without a second thought. But you can't drop your captain 4 games from the finals.

If Gray is good and the forecast stays with rain then Gray in for Ladhams, if he isn't good then Mayes in for Ladhams.

If Gray is good and it is dry then Gray in for SPP, if he isn't good then no change.

Out: Jonas
In: Clurey

Our defence has been average for weeks now and Jonas's form is the elephant in the room. Something needs to change.

SPP would be on notice for me, the most obvious candidate to lose his spot when Motlop and/or Gray return. Just not doing enough.

I also wouldn't be against DBJ coming out for Hartlett.

SPP has been given the Boak treatment of a couple of years back, playing out of position. Yeah let’s drop our captain too. Seriously the s**t I read !!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

It's not really about being cocky, it's about making sure is is fit for the other 3/4 games.

Still unless he's actually carrying something other than general soreness I would rather lighten his training load than risk not having his presence out there.

Jesus christ I am so glad that none of you are in charge of our selection...
Ah good, not just me...
Drop Dixon... Drop Jonas... Drop Aliir? Ken and the coaching group might not be perfect but the hatred for Ken has sent people f****** nuts. And for it to only build animosity when crazy ken doesn't drop the captain, like all the 'experts' are calling for, is just sour puss behaviour. He ain't getting sacked, buckle in, love it or hate it the cards just aren't falling that way yet. I agree the dynamics aren't exactly perfect right now but reality is he's gonna be here for another few years. Imagine holding such hatred towards Port for another few seasons because you let this own you so hard.

SPP on the other hand... Jesus Christ.

OUT: SPP
IN: a leather glove with legs

Himmelberg, Walker, Lynch and Fogarty. Maybe they bring Thilthorpe back in for Berg but its likely they'll go 4 tall. We'll need Clurey this week.
Lynch doesn't play tall at all. He's basically a ranga Steven Motlop at this point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Jonas wasn't captain his head would be on the block and you would be bringing in Clurey without a second thought. But you can't drop your captain 4 games from the finals.

Jonas's selection isn't quite the elephant in the room yet but there'd have to be some discussion about it. Jonas has regressed significantly from last year. I don't know whether Aliir has mucked up our system significantly or if it's just the rule changes or what, but the system isn't working, and our 2 AA quality defenders in Jonas and DBJ have been well below what we expect from them.

If we were talking about bringing in Leinert or Pasini it'd be a totally different story, but Clurey is a 100 gamer in his prime. He hasn't had a rock solid year but he'll have to be considered if the form of our other key defenders doesn't pick up.

You people talking about us getting a percentage boost have been watching us all year right?

I honestly think it's more that the Crows will just turn the game into an absolute scrap by putting numbers behind the ball like we did last time. They don't want a blowout, their best chance is to park the bus and hope they can sneak through our press more than we can score.

Last Showdown was an anti-football from the Crows because they're terrified of us blowing them out like we did in the 2020 Showdown.

Out: Woodcock
In: McEntee

Who goes medi-sub as I'd be keen to start the new kid on the block?

Jonas, DBJ, SPP and Houston all out of form but I'd back them in for another week unless sore.

If its an effort or focus issue maybe a stint as the sub might be an idea?

Apart from that, I think we are in a good space to challenge.

Im more concerned about forward entries....😉

fu** percentage, i just want to see us bag wins without injuries. I’ll watch us chip the ball around for an entire quarter no fuss.
Might as well say * top 4

I think if we get 2 wins from the last 3 we'll make top 4 regardless.

There have been so many upsets in the 2nd half of the season and Sydney have been very up and down.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
I wouldn't go out there and cruise to victories on the assumption that there will be an upset.

If it comes down to percentage, we're absolutely screwed.

The final round of 2017 - when Sydney and Port needed big wins to keep their faint top 4 hopes alive - proved how easily teams can run up the score if they have an incentive to do so. Sydney played first and won by over 100. We then played and also won by over 100 to leapfrog them. Neither ended up making the top 4 but it illustrated how easy it is for good teams to smash bad teams if they want to.

So guess who Sydney play in R23? That's right, the Gold Coast SUNS. They will win by whatever they need to win by to secure top 4.

Our best chances in order:

1) Melbourne lose to West Coast and Geelong
2) Sydney lose to St Kilda
3) We beat the Bulldogs (would potentially help if they were already locked in for top 2 and had nothing to play for)

If it comes down to percentage, we're absolutely screwed.

The final round of 2017 - when Sydney and Port needed big wins to keep their faint top 4 hopes alive - proved how easily teams can run up the score if they have an incentive to do so. Sydney played first and won by over 100. We then played and also won by over 100 to leapfrog them. Neither ended up making the top 4 but it illustrated how easy it is for good teams to smash bad teams if they want to.

So guess who Sydney play in R23? That's right, the Gold Coast SUNS. They will win by whatever they need to win by to secure top 4.

Our best chances in order:

1) Melbourne lose to West Coast and Geelong
2) Sydney lose to St Kilda
3) We beat the Bulldogs (would potentially help if they were already locked in for top 2 and had nothing to play for)

Safe to assume the Sydney Swans will take on the Gold Coast SUNS after the Port Adelaide Football Club has played the Footscray Bulldogs.

Safe to assume the Sydney Swans will take on the Gold Coast SUNS after the Port Adelaide Football Club has played the Footscray Bulldogs.

You raise an interesting point.
I can see it playing out this way.

Round 23
Fri:
Geelong(2) vs Melbourne(5)

Sat:
Port (4) vs Bulldogs (1)
St Kilda (12) vs Dockers (8)
Sydney (5) vs Suns (-)
Brisbane(6) vs Eagles(7)
Carlton(12) Vs Giants(9)

Sun: