QAFL 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Two (actually 3 incl colts) great wins by the Roos. Obviously toughed it out. 7 goal to 2 last qrt.
And yes it was a very solid win in the2s Stuy. šŸ˜
The club should be very proud of their efforts today. Three road trips against good sides. Fair effort by a club thatā€™s only in 2nd year of qafl.

Two (actually 3 incl colts) great wins by the Roos. Obviously toughed it out. 7 goal to 2 last qrt.
And yes it was a very solid win in the2s Stuy. šŸ˜
The club should be very proud of their efforts today. Three road trips against good sides. Fair effort by a club thatā€™s only in 2nd year of qafl.
SMY. I think its a fantasic effort by the club ,

unreal results today ...closeness of the scores made for exciting viewing , but I reckon the biggest upset of the day was in the ressies where if I can quote a star studded Broady side were beaten by the Roos, .. wow , If I can simply say theirs a old quote be it . A CHAMPION TEAM WILL ALWAYS BEAT A TEAM OF CHAMPIONS. !!

That old quote is BS Cos a Team of Champions would be a Champion Team but it keeps appearing just like , give a ā€˜110%ā€™ which is impossible.

And to further that you canā€™t have a team of champions playing development footy. No offence

No but the principle applies that you need players on the same page playing for each other and not for self. Bottom line it was a good win by the Maroochy 2's vs a side that had some very well credentialed players in it. Mind you the Roos did too, who like most sides right now have got a good list injury free.

Wow a lot of sh*t is spoken on here at times ,,lol,
Tell me the 10 players Morningside have added into their side from the VFL ... I mean their isnt any .

what on earth are you talking about?

There were 10 players in their team that are primary listed in the VFL, there is no other way to cut the facts.

Obviously all within the rules, but as someone else suggested - the rules need looking at if you can run out in a final with 10 blokes primary listed somewhere else, some of of whom never played a single game in the home & away season.

what on earth are you talking about?

There were 10 players in their team that are primary listed in the VFL, there is no other way to cut the facts.

Obviously all within the rules, but as someone else suggested - the rules need looking at if you can run out in a final with 10 blokes primary listed somewhere else, some of of whom never played a single game in the home & away season.

you probably need to name them Miller for us that are less obsessed with having a crack at clubs that are run mostly by volunteers just doing their best.

Clubs are limited to 4 VFL primary listed players plus the young players.

Who in particular ā€œnever played a single game in home and away?ā€

Not that hard to look at a teamsheet.

Peppin - Aspley VFL (played plenty for Morningside this year though)
Banks-Smith - Aspley VFL (played 5 QAFL games this year)
Colenso - Southport VFL (played for Morningside all year)
Triffit - Lions VFL (0 games for Morningside in 2021)
Warren - Aspley VFL (played plenty for Morningside)
Crozier - Lions VFL (0 games for Morningside in 2021)
Langborne - Lions VFL (played 4 QAFL games)
Nelis - Aspley VFL (3 QAFL games)
Dale - Aspley VFL (plenty of QAFL games)
Jeffrey - Aspley VFL (plenty of QAFL games)

Thats 10 x VFL listed players. At the end of the day, its all within the rules - just suggesting rules should be looked at given thats half a side you get to play as 1 pointers, that are listed at a higher level of footy.

Surely just set a limit of 5 VFL players (not including Lions guys, personally have no issue with Crozier and Triffit playing as they are top up players, though having not played at all raises an eyebrow for their finals eligibility) ?

Not that hard to look at a teamsheet.

Peppin - Aspley VFL (played plenty for Morningside this year though)
Banks-Smith - Aspley VFL (played 5 QAFL games this year)
Colenso - Southport VFL (played for Morningside all year)
Triffit - Lions VFL (0 games for Morningside in 2021)
Warren - Aspley VFL (played plenty for Morningside)
Crozier - Lions VFL (0 games for Morningside in 2021)
Langborne - Lions VFL (played 4 QAFL games)
Nelis - Aspley VFL (3 QAFL games)
Dale - Aspley VFL (plenty of QAFL games)
Jeffrey - Aspley VFL (plenty of QAFL games)

Thats 10 x VFL listed players. At the end of the day, its all within the rules - just suggesting rules should be looked at given thats half a side you get to play as 1 pointers, that are listed at a higher level of footy.

Surely just set a limit of 5 VFL players (not including Lions guys, personally have no issue with Crozier and Triffit playing as they are top up players, though having not played at all raises an eyebrow for their finals eligibility) ?
With Redlands, now Aspley, returning from above all focus next year will be player links with Southport

big advantage to GC clubs.

Surely back to a mini draft?

Not what I'm hearing, but plenty of discussions going on.

The big issue is going to be the points allocation next year for both VFL-listed (Southport)players and ex-Aspley VFL players.

Whatever happens you'd have to think that this year's 1 point loading for VFL-listed players will have to be changed in the interests of fairness, but then again we're dealing with the AFLQ here so.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Free agents, but 1 pointers

What a complete debacle that was. Morningside splutter there way into the finals, beaten by 3 teams outside the 6 and flogged by 7th and then roll out 10 VFL players and knock out the demons. Surfers should be filthy.

Free agents, but 1 pointers

What a complete debacle that was. Morningside splutter there way into the finals, beaten by 3 teams outside the 6 and flogged by 7th and then roll out 10 VFL players and knock out the demons. Surfers should be filthy.

Think you will find they beat both Maroochydore and Redlands who were both in top 3 at time as well within last 3 games before season was halted. But donā€™t let that get in the way of a good story Miller.

they might have, but how did they go against Labrador and Broady? oh wait, never even played the top side!

Miller - Iā€™ve missed the point you trying to make in your last couple of posts. Can you clarify for me?

my point was that Surfers should be filthy being knocked out by a team that spluttered into finals thanks to lockdowns, then loaded up on 10 x VFL players.

More salt in the wound was Lions played Southport on the weekend, and mysteriously the Lions VFL players affiliated with Morningside didn't get a game for the first time this year, but the Southport blokes who played for Surfers all year were suddenly required by Southport :think:

my point was that Surfers should be filthy being knocked out by a team that spluttered into finals thanks to lockdowns, then loaded up on 10 x VFL players.

More salt in the wound was Lions played Southport on the weekend, and mysteriously the Lions VFL players affiliated with Morningside didn't get a game for the first time this year, but the Southport blokes who played for Surfers all year were suddenly required by Southport :think:

That would be a hard pill to swallow.

Thats probably because all the Southport aligned players from Surfers are in their best 22 and if finals go ahead will be playing?

Not sure Southport would be willing to risk part of their best 22 in a QAFL game in lieu of getting more continuity in their own team.

If Southport season was over I am sure Surfers would have rolled out Lynch, Charlesworth, Doran and Williams as they had them all qualified like Morningside did. Just the cards fell right for Morningside.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back