Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering construction sites are creating decent outbreaks (116 in box hill).. and Foley suggesting today they need to do better…do you think it’s a tad silly they get to increase construction site numbers at 70% first dose?

Yet to see a tradie at or near a site wearing a mask. Just doesn't happen.

More info on the Pfizer allocations and is a clearer picture and not cherry picked. Table below starts from Feb and are Government figures.

What the figures show is what Australians would probably expect: some states experienced greater shipments at some points in time to respond to rising coronavirus case numbers.

This is what happened in Victoria in June, when it received 527,994 doses, more than NSW or any other state. This reflected decisions made public at the time to bring forward doses for Victoria on the understanding it would give up some at a later point.
The same thing happened on a much greater scale in NSW after coronavirus case numbers started to rise in June. More Pfizer shipments went into the state to counter the outbreak in western Sydney.

This is a different way to view the rollout compared to the daily results on jabs in arms. The shipments do not always lead to jabs in the same month, given the vials can be stored for weeks before being used.

2021-09-11_121124.jpg

2021-09-11_121423.jpg

tennis in particular (singles particularly) should be OK. Its ultimate social distancing (long as you dont shake hands at end of game)

the argument against golf in LD2 was given the location of courses, it would see people break the 5km rule and hit the sandbelt areas pretty hard

also some of the councils said they couldnt manage the punters coming in and maintain social distancing if the stores/dining areas were off limits

I recall Jerome stating that there are no double vaccinated cases in hospital yesterday.

Its still early days for VIC. It will happen, but at a far lower rate. Very old people and people with blood cancer, or organ transplants, or other immune smashing diseases can get very sick or die even if vaccinated. But it happens at a much lower rate.

I think this is one time that he should actually dictate!

I'll love nothing more than posting photos of myself to socials and tagging ******* anti-vaxer/lockdown mates after 20 months of spamming rubbish.

What is clear though is that there are some draconian rules that don't make a difference. NSW allow golf and tennis as an example, so I have NFI why we need to faceplant everything here in Victoria when it demonstrably has no epidemiological basis.

Mask wearing compliance is 100% up here today. Why? Because people have freedom so they’re willing to follow one or two required rules. Got to give the people something if you want them to follow the rules, not just lectures

Fell asleep watching Gumby answer questions. Did I miss anything?

Federal government
Federal government
Federal government
Federal government
Federal government
Federal government
Federal government
Federal government
Federal government
Federal government
……………………

Exercise is essential.

You're allowed to go and kick a footy in the park with one other person, shoot hoops with one other person, but can't hit a tennis ball over a net with one other person.

If there is no epidemiological rationale for faceplanting certain activities, then doing so is overkill.

I would certainly like golf back, the only times me and my partners are together is on the tee box, from then on we generally go in opposite directions :)

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jesus wept. Are you Phil Coorey? Gladys is the reason we are in this mess.
I'd have thought the virus was the culprit.

If Gladys' targeted lockdown / mockdown was the reason, then Dan's "going early, going hard" approach should yield a different result instead of it being on exactly the same trajectory.

The reality is the biggest two cities with similar demographics have had similar problems. Might need to check one's ego at the door if you think any one individual or government is a cause.

I think this is one time that he should actually dictate!

I'll love nothing more than posting photos of myself to socials and tagging ******* anti-vaxer/lockdown mates after 20 months of spamming rubbish.

What is clear though is that there are some draconian rules that don't make a difference. NSW allow golf and tennis as an example, so I have NFI why we need to faceplant everything here in Victoria when it demonstrably has no epidemiological basis.

You aren't really a mate many would want to have around I don't think with an attitude like that.

I'd have thought the virus was the culprit.

If Gladys' targeted lockdown / mockdown was the reason, then Dan's "going early, going hard" approach should yield a different result instead of it being on exactly the same trajectory.

The reality is the biggest two cities with similar demographics have had similar problems. Might need to check one's ego at the door if you think any one individual or government is a cause.
Do you think Gladys has played covid better? Because that is the comment I was questioning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back