QAFL 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

If a player lives in Annerley, Wooloongabba, Moorooka, Chelmer to name a few places - its a 25-30 minute drive to training at Springfield. Hardly life changing.

I doubt many players at any club in Melbourne are driving much less than 25 minutes to get to training

Maroochydore the favourites for mine.

Broady have played once in 8 weeks.

Just another reason they should have had a Top 8 finals series so clubs aren't sitting on the sidelines for so long.

Yes but a lions facility not a AFLQ facility I think.
That's a smoke screen SMY. Outside of the Gabba & Metricon the best facilities on Sunny Coast is Maroochydore and on the Gold Coast is Southport. I dare say based on the designs "The Reserve" would be perfect as a boutique stadium for QAFL GF if decision is Brisbane based

Maroochydore the favourites for mine.

Broady have played once in 8 weeks.

Just another reason they should have had a Top 8 finals series so clubs aren't sitting on the sidelines for so long.

One game in 8 weeks is true having the bye the week before lockdown and only playing one final.
Maroochy with awesome momentum with 3 wins in a row. Agree that this is certainly a factor.

It’s $1.90 each way I reckon.

Both sides play a similar game style looking to run and carry so should be a great game. Sharks will be a great venue and with other clubs in the ressies GF a good crowd should be on hand

no way the underdog tag ,, Matoochydore has the he momentum and fitness of the Roos is a huge advantage over Broady playing 1 game in 8 weeks ,,

9 goals though!!! I'm sure the Broady boys haven't been just sitting around sinking cans the last 2 months. Maroochydore have only played 3 matches in the same period if you want to look at it like that! :)
I'd love to see the Roos win but I feel that my prediction may be a little more conservative than yours...

Regardless of which Teams are in the GF it should always be played at the best facility possible, travel factor shouldn’t be considered.
Metricon was a great atmosphere & it gave players the opportunity to experience playing at an AFL venue that they would never have done before unless been an x Suns player..
Grand Finals at Yarronga is another example of the Leagues decision makers inability to make the right decision for the football players & spectators.
Southport is a good venue but the financial benefits of hosting the GF there suit more the Sharks than it does the QAFL clubs.

Decisions this year have shown that 99% of the time, they are not considering the stakeholders and the game - but picking venues that tick various boxes.

Think Southport a good venue though and one of the few times they have got it right. The gate takings should be collected by AFLQ though and then dispersed to either the competing teams, or all teams in the competition. I prefer just the competing teams evenly should get the gate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Decisions this year have shown that 99% of the time, they are not considering the stakeholders and the game - but picking venues that tick various boxes.

Think Southport a good venue though and one of the few times they have got it right. The gate takings should be collected by AFLQ though and then dispersed to either the competing teams, or all teams in the competition. I prefer just the competing teams evenly should get the gate.

AFLQ always take the gate regardless of the venue. they would suggest the money goes back into footy that benefits all clubs. Even though my club would’ve been a beneficiary I don’t reckon the competing clubs should get the money, it should be divided evenly to all clubs as it’s likely other clubs need it more

Agree it’s the right venue.

The old debate again of Southport v Yeronga. Southport 1000 times better for a gf
Great atmosphere Dezario if they let all the cars around the outside. NEAFL Grand Finals in the past have looked great with cars around the outside, people on the bank. But a few years ago the QAFL GF lost a bit of that because they didn't let the cars around the outside! They roped off areas for drinking and half the ground looked empty.Really poor choice..

Couldn't agree more, i saw two VFL games this year at Southport and the atmosphere was great, good crowd cars packed around the outside.
And Rance dominating ;)

Yep - hear all those arguments and fair points but its a competition that's played from Noosa to Broadbeach and interested parties aren't just hanging around Sth Brisbane and south of. I actually think the #1 consideration should be how convenient is it for people to attend in much the same way that I know on this forum there was angst around a Brisbane venue if 2 GC clubs were to play in a GF in previous years. Why make it more difficult for club supporters to attend than it has to be?
Appreciate venues need to be locked away more than a week in advance so its a case of being in a no win situation a lot of the time for the league. Just think the pragmatic approach is to make the GF a venue in Brisbane (don't care if its Yeronga or where ever) and as a few of you have pointed out maybe the complex at Springfield may just become this in due course.
There was a good Maroochy crowd that travelled to Labrador on the weekend all things considered, I'm sure there will be a much bigger group that will do the same this weekend because the last time the club was in the QAFL (98/99) the club certainly didn't challenge for a flag!!

I don't understand why it has to be locked in more than a week in advance?

surely you can have Plan A, B and C and then once the outcome of prelims is known - you pick the venue.

Moreton Bay would be a great northside venue. All the Brisbane QAFL clubs could host a great GF, and just make sure its not at one the competing clubs grounds, and all the GC clubs are more than capable of hosting a GF

AFLQ always take the gate regardless of the venue. they would suggest the money goes back into footy that benefits all clubs. Even though my club would’ve been a beneficiary I don’t reckon the competing clubs should get the money, it should be divided evenly to all clubs as it’s likely other clubs need it more

Agree it’s the right venue.
I don't understand why it has to be locked in more than a week in advance?

surely you can have Plan A, B and C and then once the outcome of prelims is known - you pick the venue.

Moreton Bay would be a great northside venue. All the Brisbane QAFL clubs could host a great GF, and just make sure its not at one the competing clubs grounds, and all the GC clubs are more than capable of hosting a GF
Yeah I tend to agree Miller

Broadbeach
Maroochydore
Redlands
PBC
Labrador

sliders - Morningside (big difference without all the Redlands NEAFL players

spoon - Sherwood/Mt gravatt

premiership - Maroochydore (Broadbeach don’t know how to win big games)
I’ll stand by this

If a player lives in Annerley, Wooloongabba, Moorooka, Chelmer to name a few places - its a 25-30 minute drive to training at Springfield. Hardly life changing.

I doubt many players at any club in Melbourne are driving much less than 25 minutes to get to training
Watch Sherwood become the new suburb of choice for new Lions recruits.

That's a fair prediction DP - well done. Yes, Cadz has been fantastic since he took over the reins back in 2017. This year I would argue he has coached as well as he ever has.
Probably coach of the year for me. Getting his club in a granny in its 2nd year.
Nick has been great as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back