QAFL 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Lions Academy carnival being played at Fishermans Rd from Sunday... will put a spanner in the works re: celebrations when Maroochydore win by 8 points. Lochie Laing and Jono Giles to run riot!

Lions Academy carnival being played at Fishermans Rd from Sunday... will put a spanner in the works re: celebrations when Maroochydore win by 8 points. Lochie Laing and Jono Giles to run riot!
I think you will find that Maroochydore will hold post grand final celebrations off site as they have in the past! Very busy footy facility at fisherman’s road!

Wouldn’t really call Broady chokers? They were faves last year but morningside were stacked with NEAFL guns. In 2018 they were never going to beat PBC. today is the day I believe. But go Roos! Would be a terrific story

Wouldn’t really call Broady chokers? They were faves last year but morningside were stacked with NEAFL guns. In 2018 they were never going to beat PBC. today is the day I believe. But go Roos! Would be a terrific story

When you win every game bar the GF , that’s classified as choking and most of Broadbeach’s Team were NEAFL players .

In all seriousness it’s leaning towards Broady’s day........50 year celebrations etc.
3rd time lucky.........maybe.........you would think they should be more determined after past GF efforts.
Biggest concern for Maroochydore is , did they celebrate their GF last week considering it’s only their 2nd year of existence in the QAFL and may get over roared by the occasion of just making it , which is a great effort.
When did Wilston Grange, Mt.Gravatt & Western Magpies last make the GF?
If it’s a close game near the end then I’ll favour Maroochydore Cos I reckon they have more players playing for Jumper than Broadbeach, so Broadbeach would want a comfortable lead going into the last qtr.

Can’t make it Cos up north for the weekend but luckily I can watch on live stream, about the only thing decent the league has ever introduced.

Broadbeach the better team on the day. Roos tried hard but couldn’t really stop the Cats’ run and carry when it mattered. Roos needed to get some scoreboard pressure on early in the fourth.

Both clubs should be very happy with their seasons. It might have all been different in a full uninterrupted season but you can only play the games you are given to play and both teams won the big games that got them to the GF.

Maroochydore, after two seasons at this level have more than shown they belong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fantastic win by Bfoadbeach ,,, their disposal was exceptional and the presure they appliied when the Roos had the ball was unreal . Just a outstanding effort for only their 2nd game in 9 weeks.
Also, a large boistous crowd in attendance made for a excitong atmosphere and Southport is a great facility for the QAFL Grand Final.

Fantastic win by Bfoadbeach ,,, their disposal was exceptional and the presure they appliied when the Roos had the ball was unreal . Just a outstanding effort for only their 2nd game in 9 weeks.
Also, a large boistous crowd in attendance made for a excitong atmosphere and Southport is a great facility for the QAFL Grand Final.

yes cats too good around the contested ball. Did very well at stoppages despite simpsons dominance.
we’re very classy with ball in hand and like u said tackled well.
who got the Joe grant medal? Didn’t see it awarded as at other end of ground. I thought Lowe was very good.

yes cats too good around the contested ball. Did very well at stoppages despite simpsons dominance.
who got the Joe grant medal? Didn’t see it awarded as at other end of ground. I thought Lowe was very good.
9 from the cats

Smy.. Liam Nelson number 9 .. vice captain , running half back flanker , I thought Lowe was the better performer on th day

Super proud of the boys yesterday to play at the standard they did and run the game out so well speaks volumes of the commitment to training and preparation given playing only 1 game in 2 months.

Liam Nelson missed the semi due to a wedding and despite no footy for a long time was sensational and deserved medallist.

Hats off to the Maroochydore footy club, the players had a red hot crack and played in the right spirit and their coaches and officials handled theday very well, a good footy club.

The venue:

Better than Yeronga in every single way.

Decent sized ground where that provided players the space to place good footy and both teams did that.

lots of parking. Plenty of elevated viewing areas and shade if you were looking for it. Obviously a great clubhouse for those that wanted to be there.

the game attracted an excellent crowd and was a great atmosphere. The music that was played in breaks etc was a good touch as was allowing spectators on the ground. Match timings were appropriate and presentations were fine.

Hats off to Sharks and AFLQ for a great day and pls pls pls never send us to yeronga again.

Winston Grange would be a good Brisbane venue if a Brisbane team was first in.

would the Moreton bay complex be an option if Maroochydore were first in next year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back