Training Preseason 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm sure I've got my purple glasses on and I've probably pegged us a couple of spots too high this season, but...

I just waded into the ladder prediction thread on the main board and see poster after poster having us finishing below NM, Ess, Rich, Saints etc etc.

I know I should ignore it, but * me, start the season already.

I reckon Saints will play finals. The rest not so much.

I wonder if WC will bring a kids pool or something to the game on Saturday so Harley can walk on water onto the ground.

I'm sure I've got my purple glasses on and I've probably pegged us a couple of spots too high this season, but...

I just waded into the ladder prediction thread on the main board and see poster after poster having us finishing below NM, Ess, Rich, Saints etc etc.

Most neutrals have us as a bottom 4 team. I don't know why. But that's where they've put us. According to many people the Hawks have a better list despite us being better on pretty much every line.

Joao in there fighting an uphill battle but I'm actually staggered we managed to go further down in a lot of predictors since I was last in there. Jesus that thread is triggering. If North, who have a midfield of LDU and kids, a forwardline of Larkey And Friends and one of the worst backlines to ever be put on a footy field, finish ahead of us, not only should JL be fired, but we will need to restart the club. Move to Bunbury or something.

Thanks - I asked after trying the eventbrite page and seeing it said ‘sold out’ .
I was hoping I was barking up the wrong tree - sadly I wasn’t.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I’ve got a couple tickets I won’t be using if you’re interested

Joao in there fighting an uphill battle but I'm actually staggered we managed to go further down in a lot of predictors since I was last in there. Jesus that thread is triggering. If North, who have a midfield of LDU and kids, a forwardline of Larkey And Friends and one of the worst backlines to ever be put on a footy field, finish ahead of us, not only should JL be fired, but we will need to restart the club. Move to Bunbury or something.

Yeah we aren't finishing worse than North. They have spoon written all over them, as you outlined.
I am reminded though that last year when The Age ran it's usual media prediction thread, and one pundit tipped us to finish 13th, you were apopleptic and said there was no ******* way we were finishing that low. As were most of us

Yeah we aren't finishing worse than North. They have spoon written all over them, as you outlined.
I am reminded though that last year when The Age ran it's usual media prediction thread, and one pundit tipped us to finish 13th, you were apopleptic and said there was no ******* way we were finishing that low. As were most of us

Almost can’t see anyone other than North finishing last tbh. Hawthorn maybe if they get a few more long term injuries to key players.

West Coast only need to not be historically bad to not finish last. Home ground advantage will get them 2-3 wins in 50/50 games alone I reckon.

Fair call, I reckon someone had have said 10 wins instead of 13th, I would have been more reasonable. Last years ladder is a bit of an extreme outlier.

I stand by moving us to Bunbury if we finish below North

I rate Norf more than Hawks, tbh.
Abundance of talent everywhere but talls but all kids basically. I dont think you can be competitive if your KPD stocks are Corr (who looked out of place as a 3rd tall, yet alone number 1 KPD), Comben and Pink. Their midfield has best in the league potential but again too young

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I mean lets be fair; he does look like a very good player already. I agree the risk he doesn't automatically become the best midfielder in the comp in two years is probably a little higher than west coast fans and the worst might like. He's not that tall really for a modern midfielder, he's not especially quick or have a stand out tank. They might just end up with a really really good, top 6 or 8 pure inside midfielder in the comp player. Like Rowell. That's the risk you take drafting inside mids that are more physically advanced than their underage opponents.
It's probably a moot point a little bit as in a few years time, Wet Toast will have drafted even more high level talent to go with him. He just needs to be 'good enough' to be part of the team solution going forward and I mean good enough in the sense of being good enough to play at the required high level to help the team win (not that anyone here wants that :p). He won't be a failure if he's not going to be generational in the end because at the end of the day, a midfield needs quality depth more than singular star players.

Almost can’t see anyone other than North finishing last tbh. Hawthorn maybe if they get a few more long term injuries to key players.

West Coast only need to not be historically bad to not finish last. Home ground advantage will get them 2-3 wins in 50/50 games alone I reckon.
Will Norf get further compo when they finish last again is the burning question. Good grief can you imagine.

Back in the day we had a player by the name of Riley Dunn who was supposed to go top 5 in the draft but slipped to us at 10. At the time most freo supporters were elated to get him but he was delisted without even playing 50games from memory. He fit the exact description of player you are describing.

They recon that he couldn’t build his tank. Just got stuck on a 13 beep and that was that.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I can’t remember a time when there‘s been a bigger expectation gap about our list between the (big footy) supporter base and the pundits. Either the pundits have completely underestimated us or the supporter base is completely delusional. I’m going with the former and have us winning 13, on the way to 16 in 2025.

I can’t remember a time when there‘s been a bigger expectation gap about our list between the (big footy) supporter base and the pundits. Either the pundits have completely underestimated us or the supporter base is completely delusional. I’m going with the former and have us winning 13, on the way to 16 in 2025.
It's probably somewhere in between.

They will ask for it and their supporters will ask for compensation for losing Tarryn Thomas too when their club dumps him.
Do you think they will get it though? I can only imagine how angry I will be if they do. I suspect I may not be alone

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app
He's spot on there. Win in the middle and everything else clicks into place. That's where we got spanked last year. Add Fyfe and Young and we change it from losing to even 50/50 and boom, watch out. Change that 50/50 to 60/40 and we're top 4. It's that simple.

Greene never had any problems with his kicking

Greene’s kicking could waver some days but he hadn’t done anything wrong and his running capacity, effort, work rate and competitiveness were not things that Leon Cameron wanted to leave out of his young side. So, he came up with a new spot for him.

I disagree.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back