NFNL Div 3 discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Parade College had competitive hit outs against Laurimar (premiers) and WH (missed the 4 on %) from memory last season. If they have improved they won’t be far away from the top 5. Gilmore will be a huge factor as there quality of ruckmen have dropped significantly over the past 2-3 seasons with the injury to Morrison and Coulson, Stefanile, Clarke, Leather moving up grades.

Agree with all of this, I don't buy into the "effectively Div 5 narrative".

I said it sometime ago that Ivanhoe and Parade will be a lot closer to the pointy end than they will be to the bottom.

One thing I have noticed is the positivity from all clubs within Div 3. Communicating all new signings and numbers on the track, I'm eager to hear the practise match reports from this coming weekend.

Agree with all of this, I don't buy into the "effectively Div 5 narrative".

I said it sometime ago that Ivanhoe and Parade will be a lot closer to the pointy end than they will be to the bottom.

One thing I have noticed is the positivity from all clubs within Div 3. Communicating all new signings and numbers on the track, I'm eager to hear the practise match reports from this coming weekend.
Our 2022 list was VERY, VERY good for 'division 5 ammos' and would have been 'on paper' as good as anything in Div 3 this year - IMHO. It had Close, Selwood, Schultz, V. Black-Moore Moore (Coll), Drake (Coll) and a host of B&F winners for the club, some ex-NFNL players Carter (NP), Svarc (NP), Course x 2 (LP), Staples (PH) and some pretty handy School boys who should have been playing a higher level. BUT - alot can change in a few years and we don't have THAT list - so how we compete at this level in 2025 is a VERY different proposition. Fingers crossed, but really looking forward to the new challenge that's for sure.

Chump.

Our 2022 list was VERY, VERY good for 'division 5 ammos' and would have been 'on paper' as good as anything in Div 3 this year - IMHO. It had Close, Selwood, Schultz, V. Black-Moore Moore (Coll), Drake (Coll) and a host of B&F winners for the club, some ex-NFNL players Carter (NP), Svarc (NP), Course x 2 (LP), Staples (PH) and some pretty handy School boys who should have been playing a higher level. BUT - alot can change in a few years and we don't have THAT list - so how we compete at this level in 2025 is a VERY different proposition. Fingers crossed, but really looking forward to the new challenge that's for sure.

Chump.
You already writing off 2024?

Heard Reservoir and Lalor will both be playing with 50 points this season.

Personally I think it’s fine, both have been horrible for a long long time and need a chance to bring in large number of recruits.
Not sure having 100 points would help one of the clubs. Its a shame. Although Ressa seem to be recruiting some handy experienced types.

Personally I think it’s fine, both have been horrible for a long long time and need a chance to bring in large number of recruits.
I think there should be a qualification that the 50 points only applies for home and away matches. In the unlikely event that they make finals, they should get the same number of points as everyone else.

10571z disagree, both clubs should play with the same amount of points as everyone else.
Build from within, if culture is good with new coaches then players stay and drop a point in 2025 and then they can recruit more.

10571z disagree, both clubs should play with the same amount of points as everyone else.
Build from within, if culture is good with new coaches then players stay and drop a point in 2025 and then they can recruit more.
Lalor was playing near max points last year. They simply need to be helped.

Imo it should be a week by week review. If reservoir started winning games and played on 50 points then it should be reduced mid year.

Lalor was playing near max points last year. They simply need to be helped.

Imo it should be a week by week review. If reservoir started winning games and played on 50 points then it should be reduced mid year.

Agree, allow them to start and see what happens, if suddenly they are winning by 100p each week reduce.

Common sense approach to help a club but not allow it to make a mockery of that support.

Agree, allow them to start and see what happens, if suddenly they are winning by 100p each week reduce.

Common sense approach to help a club but not allow it to make a mockery of that support.

My take - same points for every club.

BUT, new players recruited to Lalor or Reservoir are discounted by a point for 2024. A one-year adjustment only. Then, retain your recruits for 2025 and they all drop a point leaving room to get some more in.

My take - same points for every club.

BUT, new players recruited to Lalor or Reservoir are discounted by a point for 2024. A one-year adjustment only. Then, retain your recruits for 2025 and they all drop a point leaving room to get some more in.

Any chance the two low level Ammo clubs could start on 50 points also in thier first year of NFNL footy as they try and get people into the club to be competitive ? 😊

Chump

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The points system has it clearly written in that clubs can apply for more points due to lack of success. Both clubs haven’t beaten anyone but each other for a long long time. Points issues shouldn’t be a barrier for them to deal with while trying to get back on their feet.

IMG_7498.jpeg

Any increased points should be temporary and if either clubs can't get a junior program going well that's their problem.
reservoir have been busting a gut for years to try and rebuild their junior club the the older demographic and culture of the area of both resa and labor doesn't help plus having a div 1 club 5 mins down the road is also a factor as any kid who want to play has parents who want to see their kids at div 1 club West P even if it is on a roster and they don't play every week

A little convo starter…

TNFS Div 3 top 10 from players that played at any level of the NFNL last year. Discuss?

Sam Gilmore
Nipper Marshall
Bailey Robinson
Jai Burns
Kain Proctor
Leigh Judd
Leigh Gilbert
Kai Turner
Tim Ellis
Dayne Kellett

Who’s premier this year, league bnf and top goalkicking? Do they come from this list?

A little convo starter…

TNFS Div 3 top 10 from players that played at any level of the NFNL last year. Discuss?

Sam Gilmore
Nipper Marshall
Bailey Robinson
Jai Burns
Kain Proctor
Leigh Judd
Leigh Gilbert
Kai Turner
Tim Ellis
Dayne Kellett

Who’s premier this year, league bnf and top goalkicking? Do they come from this list?
They lost me at Nipper Marshall

Agree on this. He will be a good solid contributor for Mernda. I assume he will be better off the field than on.
It’s a strange criteria with a few notable players not getting in.

The top 10 in all 3 divisions is way off. Just looking after there mates at there old clubs. Plenty road vibes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back