Preview Round 0 - Carlton vs Brisbane Friday March 8 - 7.40PM AEDT @ The Gabba - Team Stickied

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team is in …

Opening Round team v Brisbane
Backs:Brodie KempLewis YoungAdam Saad
Half-backs:Zac WilliamsMitch McGovernNic Newman
Centreline:Blake AcresPatrick CrippsMatthew Kennedy
Half-forwards:George HewettCharlie CurnowMatthew Owies
Forwards:Orazio FantasiaHarry McKayDavid Cuningham
Followers:Tom De KoningAdam CerraSam Docherty
Interchange:Jordan BoydJack CarrollMatthew Cottrell
Lachie FogartyOllie Hollands
Emergencies:Jaxon BinnsAlex CincottaMarc Pittonet

figured we were beyond just hoping to be competitive but in this situation, I hear ya, zlats........
It’s more so with respect to the oppo - Brisbane in Brissy is the toughest fixture right now and because of some farcical fixturing, that’s where we start our season.

Would have loved Richmond first up again.

It’s more so with respect to the oppo - Brisbane in Brissy is the toughest fixture right now and because of some farcical fixturing, that’s where we start our season.

adelaide over there is another tough one, think we just have them the one time over here though........

5 more sleeps :smallfooty:
Happy So Excited GIF

Maybe not for this match the wildcard developing is O'Keefe.

This kid is developing well, is still raw but is tough. He doesn't shirk a contest and has good forward smarts. He's a bit like Samson Ryan at Tigers. I could see him playing soon as a Forward/2nd ruck
Before Lemmey?

The only concern for me with the pre season matches was we had those long periods without scoring it was like pulling teeth .. This has been a bit of problem even when we were going good last year . Hopefully it all comes together by round 4 ..Williams creativity should add to our ball movement and take some heat off Saad -- Just hope those players that had huge spikes last season can maintain .. Go Blues

"Zero Round"

Def: Gov, Newy, Saad, Boyd, Kemp(Bench), Big D, Young

gone tall....

Mids: TDK, Crippa (Bench), Cerra, George, Doc, Ollie, Blacres, Foges(Bench)

crippa on the bench to throw off the tag, or start forward swap with Bam Bam or Bins, be proactive

Fwd: H, Charlie, Cotters (mid rotation),Bins (mid rotation) , Bam Bam (mid rotation), Oooooorazio, Moir (Bench)

Sub: Williams (big burst last quarter)

An ashen faced Dirty back from a break, apologies to anyone whom I offended I was going through a bad trot....that's you ODN

Last edited:
The only concern for me with the pre season matches was we had those long periods without scoring it was like pulling teeth .. This has been a bit of problem even when we were going good last year . Hopefully it all comes together by round 4 ..Williams creativity should add to our ball movement and take some heat off Saad -- Just hope those players that had huge spikes last season can maintain .. Go Blues
That's my concern too, but I see it as a work in progress. Apart from a small stretch at the beginning of our streak, our way of winning seemed to be to hold a team to 60-70pts and we'd kick 70-80. I'm not unhappy about that, as the contested, defence-first type of game holds up long term in finals. But it does mean that the last piece of the puzzle is having that capacity to score at will... we just seem to work damn hard for our goals.

Yep, very hard to win. We'll have to play close to a perfect game.

If I'm hopeful, it is just because there are a few reasons for the players to be bringing their top intensity. This is game to measure yourself against the best, not to mention to show we've progress from the prelim, etc.. Might just lead some stars to produce their absolute best, and for the team as a whole to pull together and play a focused 120mins.

But if I'm being realistic, Brisbane are just so good. They don't have to play well to win. They can be down on intensity and still find a way. Hard to see them losing this one.

everyone's concerned........
Yep… just attack this contest as a “free hit” with not much to lose and everything to gain if we get over them !!

They don’t lose up there as a rule…. Good way to get a jump on a few teams if we can get the result!

Whatever the result just improve and be better the following week vs Richmond !!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, very hard to win. We'll have to play close to a perfect game.

If I'm hopeful, it is just because there are a few reasons for the players to be bringing their top intensity. This is game to measure yourself against the best, not to mention to show we've progress from the prelim, etc.. Might just lead some stars to produce their absolute best, and for the team as a whole to pull together and play a focused 120mins.

But if I'm being realistic, Brisbane are just so good. They don't have to play well to win. They can be down on intensity and still find a way. Hard to see them losing this one.
Port belted them in round 1 last year. This is off even less preseason.

Every match is a tough encounter in 2024 no different to any other year, Brisbane with home ground advantage particularly so.
Got my fingers crossed our team team’s momentum and motivation goes up a notch, we’ll need a shift upwards positively to bring home the 4 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back