Player Watch #6: George Wardlaw - two-time RS nominee ('23 &'24) - the Warlord - managed vs Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 5!?!?!??!

Thank god you’re not the club doctor….jesus!

If there’s no ligament damage and just bruising….he should play.

Round 1 may not be us pressing for finals in the years you alluded to. But we are playing for respect and praise from sectors that kick us when we’re down.

Rd 1-10 are whatever

If we’re not performing in the back half of the season we may as well back up the shop

Jack Steele didn’t appreciate Georgie’s physicality. He’s only 19 mate. Get *ing used to it!

I spoke to him at the fan day. Asked if he was playing.

Was VERY non-committal. And is walking with a noticeable limp.

I'll be surprised if he plays.

Well, clearly I was wrong! Put my hand up and cop that.

Impressive that he played today considering his limp yesterday! Modern medicine, hey?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Couldn't break away today from congestion, kept getting caught or running into players. Didn't look 100%
Which makes sense given his ankle. Kid is a bit of a wrecking ball.

Game-high 12 tackles v Saints. The absolute mongrel in this bloke.

Darth Vader GIF by Star Wars

You are one of us. Search your feelings.

Thought we should have been over cautious with George yday…., so it is a huge positive he got through the game unscathed. He is hugely advanced this time this year, compared to last season. Can’t wait to see George in action during the real stuff

loved his game, cant wait till he gets a little bit of conditioning in, 4 or 5 times he was half a foot late from having his prey on ice. just keeps cracking in, loving what he brings.

loved his game, cant wait till he gets a little bit of conditioning in, 4 or 5 times he was half a foot late from having his prey on ice. just keeps cracking in, loving what he brings.
Actually thought he cracked in a bit less than he was last year. Not sure if his motivation is dwindling after not yet having played in a win, but yeah. Once he realises he has an extra half second than what he thinks, he'll be an obvious two way weapon

Remove this Banner Ad

Back