List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Prediction- Who is delisted this year(not retirements).

• Berry

• McCluggage

• Lyons

• McCarthy

• Answerth

• Lane

• Prior

• Madden

• Lester

• Joyce

• Zorko

• Michael

• Brain

• Reville

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

.................................I thought Darryl Junior would be safe at end of last season so I suspect Bruce Reville would need to play or press for a game to be kept on ..................................

Makes it tough for Bruce ............... get a long term injury or your out the door (no matter how well you play in the VFL) .............. or maybe 2 LTI's, if Brain gets the first promotion because of need ........

I do acknowledge you like him though .......... so do I............

He's not going anywhere, but he's 28 now. He's no spring chicken in the AFL world.

He's not 28 until December. I'd say he has at least 5 years left at top level, injuries permitting. If he's really fit he might have another 2 or 3 afterwards - he's never relied on pace/athleticism so won't matter too much if he loses a bit, provided he's playing the right role.

He's not 28 until December. I'd say he has at least 5 years left at top level, injuries permitting. If he's really fit he might have another 2 or 3 afterwards - he's never relied on pace/athleticism so won't matter too much if he loses a bit, provided he's playing the right role.
Yep, IMO most players if dedicated enough can easily play top level footy until 33-34 years of age with modern training and rehab techniques... Scott Pendlebury still playing fantastic footy at 36 years of age.

Yep, IMO most players if dedicated enough can easily play top level footy until 33-34 years of age with modern training and rehab techniques... Scott Pendlebury still playing fantastic footy at 36 years of age.
Brent Harvey also could easily have played on for another year or two but most of those types are mids. Harris would have to be up there with one of our greatest KPD at the Brisbane Lions if not the best.

Just before the all Australians I thought Andrews would end up a ruck. Couldn’t believe someone with his lack of agility could be a superstar key back. Pairing him with someone like Payne is very critical though. Hopefully Payne can find his pre-injury form from last season.

Could still see him finishing his career as a key forward and possibly second ruck. Maybe for a couple of years if the timing works out with Daniher retiring first.

Just before the all Australians I thought Andrews would end up a ruck. Couldn’t believe someone with his lack of agility could be a superstar key back. Pairing him with someone like Payne is very critical though. Hopefully Payne can find his pre-injury form from last season.

Could still see him finishing his career as a key forward and possibly second ruck. Maybe for a couple of years if the timing works out with Daniher retiring first.
He looks ungainly much of the time but despite that he's surprisingly reliable below his knees. Rarely double grabs and is very good at accidentally-on-purpose manoeuvring the ball out of bounds.

Hopefully no umpires are reading this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He looks ungainly much of the time but despite that he's surprisingly reliable below his knees. Rarely double grabs and is very good at accidentally-on-purpose manoeuvring the ball out of bounds.

Hopefully no umpires are reading this.

His ball-handling and kicking is much improved too. Was always a solid kick, but he's actually pretty good.

I can't see him rucking or as a key forward. He'd have to learn the position of being a ruck, and his lack of athleticism already makes him a sub-par option as a forward.

Pairing him with an athletic, tall defender like Payne is the key imo. Let him take on the weakest tall forward and float off and intercept.

Ben Ainsworth still unsigned and a free agent this year.

Feels like Ainsworth is someone we had to get 1-3 seasons ago. I reckon he’d be in for the long haul now and I suspect will have a career year this year so will become too expensive for us.

Feels like Ainsworth is someone we had to get 1-3 seasons ago. I reckon he’d be in for the long haul now and I suspect will have a career year this year so will become too expensive for us.
Pretty much my thinking. His family has relocated to the Gold Coast, and pretty reliable reports are that he had to be physically held back from going at Lynch, when Lynch told the GC playing group he was leaving a couple of years ago.

Not sure he’ll get a big contract from GC, as they have quite a few that will command significantly more.

Lions fan too right? Bring him in.
No he is Richmond. Loved/s Hardwick - family moved up to GC and his best friend years ago. Cant see him going anywhere

Need to prioritise two-way mids and those hybrid type half forwards that can get up and down the ground.

I'm assuming we have a pick in the mid season draft. Use it for the best player available that can play straight away but has scope to be on the list for many years.

Need to prioritise two-way mids and those hybrid type half forwards that can get up and down the ground.

I'm assuming we have a pick in the mid season draft. Use it for the best player available that can play straight away but has scope to be on the list for many years.
As I mentioned in another thread, there’s a pretty good chance that the next four drafts sees us just matching academy kids and Levi Ashcroft.

There’s a chance that our first pick next year might be a live selection. We should have a better idea after the academy has played in the Talent League, as our three best bottom age players are all in the team.

Size is missing in the conversation about the Ashcroft boys plugging the holes in our midfield.

At Freo Lachie had Fyfe to cop a fair bit of the physicality. Here he has been battered pillar to post and there has been no serious attempt to alleviate that even with the inclusion of Dunkley.

I'd rather not continue to see that happening to our undersized midfield.

Back