Preview Changes/Preview – Round 2 vs. Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly
If you have an asset and someone offers you above the value of that asset you'd be dumb not to atleast talk about it. Doesn't matter how valuable it is
Trading Hogan to get May is pretty much the perfect example of this.

An remember the melts over that lol. We'd still be in a flag drought without the danster attitude.
I'm still waiting for the return of Demon Bhoy.

Other clubs don't realise that even though low impact half forwards are hard to find in the draft, you can just draft midfielders and turn them into low impact half forwards.
It's hard to be that clever sometimes. Essendon in the past would recruit low impact half back flanks and turn them into midfielders, but have stupidly moved on from this strategy

Feel like Sparrow is one of Goody’s boys so doubt he’ll get dropped yet.

Petty probably comes in although really should he given more time.

I’d drop Lever if I was being brutal, been genuinely woeful to the start the season.

View attachment 1931675

0 CBAs for Sparrow on the weekend. Once again I ask: what is his role meant to be?

I've (somewhat) stood up for him in the past, mostly because I don't have high expectations of him, and have also tried to explain what I reckon his role is, but that game on the weekend was just bizarre. Not sure if he didn't seem to have any clear role and thus had a bad game, or he had a bad game which made it seem like he didn't have a role.

I wouldn't be upset if he was dropped for Kolt or Pup this week, seems unlikely, but Goody does drop players he thinks have areas to work on. Gus was dropped (albeit it was the start of the season) for his work ethic, Rivers was dropped to work on his kicking, so you never know I guess. Wouldn't be putting money on it this week though.

If im Sam Mitchell im absolutely sending Finn Maginess to Oliver this week on the back of Goody's press conference last year.

gonna cry tobey maguire GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Such a weird hate boner you had for him. Holland was no world beater but he was very serviceable.
If we had a player averaging 10 disposals and a goal right now at his size playing second fiddle this joint would be calling for him to be permanently in the VFL.

Nostalgia goggles.

If we had a player averaging 10 disposals and a goal right now at his size playing second fiddle this joint would be calling for him to be permanently in the VFL.

Nostalgia goggles.
Good one, played games in defense as well forward.

How else would you guarantee Oliver and Salem 50 disposals between them it other guys played there

Actually thought Salems game was OK. Yes he did have one terrible entry but he also had some of those touch kicks he’s normally good at. I’m still not sold on him but at least it’s a different type of player in the middle.

Actually thought Salems game was OK. Yes he did have one terrible entry but he also had some of those touch kicks he’s normally good at. I’m still not sold on him but at least it’s a different type of player in the middle.
Yeah, I think we'd both agree though that Pickett should still have some more with another more explosive player getting some minutes as well. If Olivers gonna get back to winning it alot that 3rd spot should be shared around

Yeah, I think we'd both agree though that Pickett should still have some more with another more explosive player getting some minutes as well. If Olivers gonna get back to winning it alot that 3rd spot should be shared around

Honestly I’d like to see Oliver/Viney/Pickett start every quarter with Trac up forward. Give Koz CBAs here and there to keep him involved, then we also should be running Salem/Windsor/Sparrow through there.

Honestly I’d like to see Oliver/Viney/Pickett start every quarter with Trac up forward. Give Koz CBAs here and there to keep him involved, then we also should be running Salem/Windsor/Sparrow through there.
Salem and Windsor yes, Sparrow can only replace Viney or Oliver and Oliver doesn't play anywhere else on the ground. It's why I don't get why Sparrows playing
It's like we're keeping him on the field just in case Oliver does a hammy one game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back